Breakfast with Mel and no Bacon or Sausages!

Day

6 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

My point was obviously Clement wasnt asked these questions during interview which lays the blame at Mel Morris' door. He can't turn round later and say Clement didn't know enough about our previous 2 seasons performances and players he should have been asked this as a basic

not at all 'obviously'?? You don't expect someone to walk in with the knowledge, but it's reasonable to expect them to immerse themselves in learning about the club once here.

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

My point was obviously Clement wasnt asked these questions during interview which lays the blame at Mel Morris' door. He can't turn round later and say Clement didn't know enough about our previous 2 seasons performances and players he should have been asked this as a basic

But he was asked/told as far as I understood but didn't implement.

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

not at all 'obviously'?? You don't expect someone to walk in with the knowledge, but it's reasonable to expect them to immerse themselves in learning about the club once here.

Standard interview question I employ with prospective candidates -  what do you know about the business.

1 minute ago, Inglorius said:

Standard interview question I employ with prospective candidates -  what do you know about the business.

yes but they will only know what's in the public domain. If they know the intricate details of your business there is something wrong.

I'd suggest that most managers named as preferred by posters here (Pearson, Moyes, Rodgers etc) wouldn't have a clue about Derby because they've been too busy doing their own jobs. Clement would be no different.

7 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Sometimes when I read your posts I think that you're an idiot, but it's the little, abusive and all-round 'I don't give a flying f*ck posts like this that for some reason make me think that you're a legend:D

That's why he's forum elite

That doesn't wash if you're looking for a new job then it's your responsibility to show interest in the prospective hirer, if someone came to interview with me and said they couldn't give any background about my business as they were too busy doing their current job then that would be it for me.

5 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

That doesn't wash if you're looking for a new job then it's your responsibility to show interest in the prospective hirer, if someone came to interview with me and said they couldn't give any background about my business as they were too busy doing their current job then that would be it for me.

lets not beat around the bush here, Clement was head-hunted. By Sam Rush. Most here thought it was a coup, a gamble, but a coup. I know you want another stick to beat Mel Morris with... so go ahead.

34 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

How come you didn't get an invite

I am:-

1) a half fan

2) too Southern

3) a loose cannon

4) someone who can pay to have smoke blown up their arse down in Brighton, which would be more economical than the round trip petrol cost to Moor Farm.

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

lets not beat around the bush here, Clement was head-hunted. By Sam Rush. Most here thought it was a coup, a gamble, but a coup. I know you want another stick to beat Mel Morris with... so go ahead.

No stick just looking for a little balance.  Morris shares some of the responsibility for hiring Clement so why he feels he has to justify his decisions to yourselves is beyond me. Easier to just say it didn't work out then leave it at that. 

Another thing that just popped up, which I don't recall anyone mentioned. 

One of the reasons Wassall has been confirmed til the end of the season is the feeling that if the players thought he was very short-term, there would be little to no commitment or motivation.

19 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Another thing that just popped up, which I don't recall anyone mentioned. 

One of the reasons Wassall has been confirmed til the end of the season is the feeling that if the players thought he was very short-term, there would be little to no commitment or motivation.

Wonder if mel forgot to tell the players?

21 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

yes but they will only know what's in the public domain. If they know the intricate details of your business there is something wrong.

I'd suggest that most managers named as preferred by posters here (Pearson, Moyes, Rodgers etc) wouldn't have a clue about Derby because they've been too busy doing their own jobs. Clement would be no different.

18 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Not saying Rodgers would be knowledgable about Derby in particular, but I think out of all the potentials he is one who seems to actually "do his homework" on a club he's applying to, or at least that's the impression I've had of him in the past.

I remember watching an interview Huw Jenkins did (the Swansea chairman) where he talked about past Swansea managers. They were in the process of searching for their next candidate and Rodgers had initially applied, apparently submitting in this massive "bible" of documents that were all about his management beliefs/philosophies and how he wanted to implement them at Swansea. Whoever worked in the office in charge of reviewing applications clearly thought "right well this guy is just crazy I'm not reading all this!" and Rodgers' "bible" was mysteriously "lost" for about a week (I assume from the interview Huw meant it just got thrown out or discarded).  

A week later the same packet of documents was suddenly sitting on Jenkins' desk (some else working in the office must've just found it lying around and placed it back on Huw's desk?). Huw finally poured over the whole thing himself and thought "well I've got to meet this guy!" and that's how Brendan got the call to come in and have a chat with the chairman. 

If I can find the interview I'll post the link, it was quite short but out of all the manager stories Huw Jenkins spoke about, that one was great and stuck with me!

In terms of a manager that would fit the mould of playing attractive football, looking to bring through youth and a desire to turn a championship team with potential into a decent premier league side, I don't think many manages fit the bill better than Brendan Rodgers.

I think the only stumbling block would be finance, how could we afford to match his wage demands?

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

In terms of a manager that would fit the mould of playing attractive football, looking to bring through youth and a desire to turn a championship team with potential into a decent premier league side, I don't think many manages fit the bill better than Brendan Rodgers.

I think the only stumbling block would be finance, how could we afford to match his wage demands?

What are they?

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

No way would he join us.

Archived