Another boring suggestion for an alternative to Steve Bloomer

11 hours ago, angieram said:

I like Steve Bloomer's Watching - it's the only song where all four stands have people singing along and clapping, from kids to old folks. It's not as if it's the only song pre-game and it's uniquely ours. 

* all four stands singing along clapping all out of time with each other 😂

1 hour ago, WystonRam said:

* all four stands singing along clapping all out of time with each other 😂

I've calculated that if you divide the speed of light by the speed of sound, multiply that by 0.37842 (The speed of human reaction), then multiply by 1.529 (The speed that Sky Sports' streams reach the domestic TVs), it sounds awful in the stadium, but is nigh on symphonic on the telly!  

So in layman's terms, just shout "Derby" when you see the hands go up in the stand directly opposite you!  😁

9 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I think Dambusters is a good choice for the players to run out to, but it's not a replacement for Steve Bloomer's Watching (I hate acronyms) immediately before kickoff. 

I’m quite happy with Steve Bloomers Watching its a song that the crowd can get involved in and, of course, Steve is watching from the side of the pitch. The song has become part of the history of the Rams, lets not mess with things that work simply for the sake if it.

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I've calculated that if you divide the speed of light by the speed of sound, multiply that by 0.37842 (The speed of human reaction), then multiply by 1.529 (The speed that Sky Sports' streams reach the domestic TVs), it sounds awful in the stadium, but is nigh on symphonic on the telly!  

So in layman's terms, just shout "Derby" when you see the hands go up in the stand directly opposite you!  😁

Alright, Einstein!!

On 16/10/2024 at 09:04, eccles the ram said:

Atmosphere at PP is getting better and better. Flags at North stand make a difference too. Steve Bloomer song is in my opinion really getting past it now. Sorry, 5 to 10 years ago we had an identity with it. But can't we change to something a bit more upbeat. The Hull KR fans sang 'A little respect' which sounded brilliant. Catch it on YouTube.  The PP screen could show the words to singalong to. Obviously it is purely a personal opinion but it's a thought by an old git with more time on his hands this morning than he should have . UTR!

I was at Old Trafford to cheer on Hull KR as they lost 9-2 to Wigan in the Super League Grand Final on Saturday. I’ve mentioned this song before, but I think the Rams should stick with SBW as it’s our song, we just need thousands of us to sing along to it.

On 16/10/2024 at 18:11, Elwood P Dowd said:

There is only one alternative to Steve Bloomers watching and that is a return to The Dam Busters March.

I'll go with the Dambusters March.  617 squadron practiced for the raid in Derbyshire and Barnes Wallis was born near Ripley

It's a rousing march and should be ideal

To the tune of Rhinestone Cowboy 

We are Derby County
Singing songs til we’re hoarse on this star-spangled rodeo
We are Derby County
Getting wins and goals against teams we don't even know
When we’re away and when we’re at home.

On 17/10/2024 at 09:47, TimRam said:

Would be awesome if Pride Park claps at same time as in the song.

The song is fine, but the beat is all wrong. I think it needs remixing with a drum beat that the clapping can match. Every time it is sung the clapping does not follow the beat, and the words dont follow the beat either!

Other than that it would be much better if the speakers were off before the game, the noise coming out of them is awful. So loud in the north stand that you have to shout to the person next to you!

Edited by Simmo’s left foot