QPR (H) - Matchday Thread

As magnificent as Nelson's header was, it was bested by the fact that it's the first goal in eons at the southern end, that I have had a clear view of from my seat in the NE Upper.

With him being literally head and shoulders above all others, I was aligned with head, ball, and (empty) top right corner.  Not only a perfect view (albeit at a distance), but I was perfectly aligned to be given a clear foresight that that header was heading nowhere other than the back of the net.  I was up almost as soon as Nelson was!  

Magnificent, I repeat!  🐏

Important and good win, just the sort of team we need to be beating to keep us mid-table at least. Again the team put in a real shift to control the game, though Jackson seemed to struggle and was getting frustrated. CBT looking more like it and may deserve a start soon. Two excellent finishes, and Yates must score soon, his work rate is incredible. Really enjoying this season COY🐏

Just home in Lowestoft, you deserved the win, had Dunne managed to score his header from 3 yards out it may have made a difference (but I doubt it)

we have too many new players who have never played in England let alone the championship, and unless our manager has a rethink on his tactics then we are going down.

game aside had a decent trip, a couple of drinks in the harvester and a pleasant walk back to my mates car after.

Think you’ll stay clear of the relegation scrap on that showing.

Enjoyable, regulation win against Zamora FC. You would have thought something would have happened to them in the last ten years but apparently not. 

Thought the final ball was poor in a dominant first half. Got the breakthrough and could have had more. Wasn’t a fan of Phillips coming on - he looked like he’d won a prize and just seemed to cause a little confusion. 

Overall very happy. Kenzo is great, Fozzy just gets better and Zetterstrom made a couple of great saves. Always happy when we win and fully deserved it was! 

🐏🐏

4 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Enjoyable, regulation win against Zamora FC. You would have thought something would have happened to them in the last ten years but apparently not. 

Thought the final ball was poor in a dominant first half. Got the breakthrough and could have had more. Wasn’t a fan of Phillips coming on - he looked like he’d won a prize and just seemed to cause a little confusion. 

Overall very happy. Kenzo is great, Fozzy just gets better and Zetterstrom made a couple of great saves. Always happy when we win and fully deserved it was! 

🐏🐏

What prize was it 🐕 😉

Enjoyed that from start to finish

energetic performance full of vim and vigour with a few sprinklings of craft and guile chucked-in

loving Warnes Derby County this season

good players getting it together and playing with smiles

cracking header Nels,lovely finish Marcus and didn’t the front three press well to win that opportunity 

these next four away games will bring a change in our away form I’m betting 

Ebou was enormous, Kenzo was a magician,Jacob is a proper goalie 🧤 and Nyambe was great. Yates was almost brilliant again, he’ll score a brace or three before long! 
I love the way Wilson takes on every full back at every opportunity.

Fozzy proving it again!
phillips can play holding midfield!!

super Derby thanks 😊 

Well being a Ram has got better again - at last we are watching football again, instead of what masqueraded as football last season, even though it did its job. First half could be described as fairly even, with the first attempt on goal not coming until the 20 minute mark, and that was a QPR attempt, superbly tipped over the bar by Zetterstrom! He actually made 4 cracking saves, so we could have been facing a totally different score line. But that was about the sum total of QPR's efforts. We had probably 6 or 7 shots in that first half, but in reality QPR faded away after about 30 minutes, and it was comfortable from then onwards. The ref wasn't catastrophically bad, but he wasn't the best. And for the second match in a row our opponents merely had to glance at the ground to get a free kick. And how clattering Zetterstrom didn't justify  yellow card, or that bad foul on Cashin for that matter I have no idea.

It was clear as soon as Nelson netted the first that the goal had finished them off, although I wasn't expecting such a swift confirmation, and Harness's goal was a beauty. Goudmijn was the obvious choice for man of the match. He has huge amounts of natural talent, but harries and snaps like the best of the terriers. He is a fantastic signing, as was Yates, despite him not scoring yet. Only NML and Jackson didn't reach what they are capable of, with Jackson's early-doors miss last Saturday still seeming to affect him. He got an assist, though. It is so satisfying leaving the ground without feeling that any player has let us down. I believe that what we are seeing is way better than we could have expected, and shouldn't take too much to make us a real threat.

Come on you Rams!

9 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Watching Ebou Adams today, how did we use to win games without him. Also Cardiff are absolutely useless why in the world did they sell him for 500k 🤣

I surmise that it may be that he feels wanted, even loved, here and understands his role in the squad and on the pitch. A lot of recognition needs to go to PW and his team for this, due to the team culture they have developed. Watching this team you feel front to back they are playing for each other as much as for themselves. They may not be the best players out there but they don’t half work hard at trying to be ‘the best version of themselves’ to quote Warne, and Ebou  is the epitome of this nearly every game I’ve seen him play.

3 hours ago, Topram said:

How poor was the ref first half by the way? Everything time they fell over he blew the whilst and when Harness got in and dragged clearly back by the shirt he gave nothing! I did fear a little that we’d be in for the same at Norwich! It’s as if they don’t actually do any training! 

Noticed that a lot back up in champ so far - weird ref gave every time they did it first half but didnt seem to second.