Kenzo Goudmijn

jono

44 minutes ago, rammieib said:

One of our best signings in the last 15 years. He’s incredible.

His vision and thought process is miles ahead of everyone else.

Hell be gone for 6-8 million end of the season to a Brighton or a Villa.

Will still have 3 years on his contract… carry on how he’s going and it will be 16-18 million! 

Ordered my first shirt in quite a few years - I’ve spent the intervening years spaffing money on kits for the boy.

Anyway, wanted to wait and see the team live before deciding which name to get on the back of the shirt.

After watching the Brizzle game, Kenzo was the stand out choice. Shame it’s taken a whole week but delighted my shirt has been despatched today.

For reference my previous two shirts were George Thorne and Will Hughes. Kenzo is in exalted company 🐏🖤

Technically, he's such a good player - definitely no concern with his ability to mix it physically either. Not sure what his ceiling is/could be, but my snapshot opinion based purely on his football ability. He's definitely the best footballer we have had contracted to this club on a permanent basis since Will Hughes. 

I see a lot of Mason Mount in him, obviously Mount was a few years younger when we had him but there is similarities there. 

1 hour ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Will still have 3 years on his contract… carry on how he’s going and it will be 16-18 million! 

Spot on, but I’d hope we can keep him just a bit longer

(PS B4, would have been proud of your post  ) 

2 hours ago, rammieib said:

One of our best signings in the last 15 years. He’s incredible.

His vision and thought process is miles ahead of everyone else.

Hell be gone for 6-8 million end of the season to a Brighton or a Villa.

It’s the thought thing isn’t it ! He’s like they talk about real chess players, it’s not the pass, it’s where the one after that will end up. 

If you compare Saturday’s game to his debut against Blackburn , you can already see how he’s learning.  In Dutch football it’s easy stay involved in the game as the ball is constantly shifted around the team, so you’re getting plenty of touches, whereas here, and in particular against Blackburn, you can be out the game for a few minutes at a time, and become isolated.  Now he’s proactively seeking out the ball.  He seems to have figured out the pace of our game pretty quickly too.  

Will be interesting to see what happens when teams sit someone on him all game

2 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

If you compare Saturday’s game to his debut against Blackburn , you can already see how he’s learning.  In Dutch football it’s easy stay involved in the game as the ball is constantly shifted around the team, so you’re getting plenty of touches, whereas here, and in particular against Blackburn, you can be out the game for a few minutes at a time, and become isolated.  Now he’s proactively seeking out the ball.  He seems to have figured out the pace of our game pretty quickly too.  

Will be interesting to see what happens when teams sit someone on him all game

I agree with you. He will become a marked man the more other clubs see him and see he is the catalyst for our attacking play. Max Bird never really played well when he was man marked. I am not sure that Kenzo has quite come to terms with the physicality side yet but hopefully will, as he seems a very intelligent guy and determined to succeed at this level and higher. He has learnt very quickly, so far.

No doubt we have a gem on our hands and hopefully he will continue to blossom as we all wish he will. He does also have a couple of minders to look after him, in his pals Adam’s & Otho (when fit again). Lovely footballer.

13 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Let’s not get too carried away . Certainly a better buy than our last European superstar Krystian Beilik . ( Clumsy Oaf got sent off again last night ). He was supposed to be the beast that guarantees promotion . Kenzo does some nice flicks but does not get enough touches at the moment. I would be happy if he turned out to be as good as Johnny Russell.