Tawanda Chirewa - Signed on Loan

Srg

I know they're hardly gonna come in and say "I'm not a fan of the manager" but I'm really heartened by the amount of signings who talk up Warne as part of the reason they signed. It shows we've got something going on, and even if the football has been dire at times they're building a squad atmosphere similar to a family unit.

The Cult of Warne, bring out the bobble hats!

1 hour ago, Srg said:

https://www.wolves.co.uk/news/mens-first-team/20240826-chirewa-signs-new-deal-and-completes-loan-move/

Wolves specifically calling out Warne and the Derby environment for why they chose for him to come here… 

Awkward. 

In his interview he also said the same thing about how Warne was honest and straightforward and wouldn't lie to him, that the training ground is great (all the incoming players say "lots of pitches" which seems weird but I guess other clubs can't have so many) and that the spirit of the team is like a family. Also very complimentary of the fans having been there on Saturday, saying they were very loud and that "we deserved a draw" (I liked his use of "we"). And I like his confidence that he expects to play 40 games this season, helping us up the championship table.

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Very complimentary about the club and Warne. Nice to read and interesting to hear directly from a PL side as to what they look for when considering a loan, dispels some of the myths.

But but according to the knowledgeable ones on here no player wants to sign for Paul Warne , he can’t attract any young players 

56 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

But but according to the knowledgeable ones on here no player wants to sign for Paul Warne , he can’t attract any young players 

I'm sure that isn't exactly what was said. After all he attracted a couple of young loans last season - who were they again I've forgotten.

19 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Well we had 1 space on the bench vs Watford so it would be nobody missing out

Oh so he’s a bench warmer, sorry, I’d not heard of the lad and assumed he would be a starter reading about him.

47 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Oh so he’s a bench warmer, sorry, I’d not heard of the lad and assumed he would be a starter reading about him.

Well with him only signing today id imagine he will start on the bench tomorrow, going forward who knows if he will be a regular starter or not

7 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Great to have him in, and to be able to play tomorrow. We're in need of more creativity in midfield and the lad seems well thought of.

Definitely, a really positive signing and hopefully he does play 40 games. Could make all the difference  🤞

10 minutes ago, blue texel ram said:

Give the guy a chance I guess you've never watched him play 

I have given him 6 months - seen him on the pitch and my conclusion based on number of missed games & them stats. 

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

Well if he plays AM or on the wing, then Wing/back, Full-back or on the bench it is, then.

I’ll get me bobble hat.