Is this our worst Championship team since 08?

6 minutes ago, Crewton said:

As it's the only season since 2008 that we've come up from a lower division, and the transfer window isn't closed yet, I think it's a premature question. So until until we've played a few games with the final squad, I couldn't say one way or the other.

Yes Bris has certainly cum to early with his question 😁

41 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I'm not joining this chat other than to say I never like hearing negative talk about my team. As far as I can see this topic has divisive written all over it. Probably it wasn't intended that way but in all honesty what does the question achieve amongst the fan base on here?UTR

Why are we creating an atmosphere around the fan base of negativity?  We should offload positive energy and believe in this team.  This team is better then the one that got relegated via a points deduction so I ultimately believe we are not lambs to the slaughter!

Rams are staying up ole ole

23 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Looking back Nigel Clough took over a mess. But at least he had sone quality to work with right away in Hulse and Commons.

Philip Cocu was dealt a rough hand in his second season. Chris Martin had left, we seemingly had no forwards with CKR injured and Rooney was poor.

The administration season saw us relying on a bunch of kids. Yet without deductions, we would have been safely midtable. That surely wasn’t down to Rooney’s managerial ability?

Which leaves us the current side. I can’t help but feel Warne is up against it. Perhaps our struggles under Clough can give us some perspective regarding Warne’s future? It certainly wasn’t pretty under Clough, especially his second season post November.

Yes certainly a very poor squad. Unfortunately we don't have the finances to be serious in the transfer market, and probably Warney isn't the first managers name in the thoughts of clubs/players regarding potential loan deals. It will be a tough season, but fingers crossed there are 3 or 4 ch'ship clubs worse off than DCFC. 

Edited by europia

20 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Another ‘’l’m a much better fan than you” post from the last 12 hours. I think I might set up a new thread and everyone can put their nominations forward, and then we can have a good old vote.

Three questions, if I may...

1/  Can we self-nominate?
2/  Do limited edition away shirts gain extra points?
3/  Can any mention of sombreros be wiped from the records?

I'm not sure how we can judge this question yet. Sure you can talk about 'on paper' but football famously is not played on paper. Our squad isn't even finished yet with a couple more bodies set to come in! 

Even on paper I'd reject the argument. We've had weaker squads in the early years under nigel clough 'on paper' when at some points it really did look like we could fall through the trap door to league 1. 

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Three questions, if I may...

1/  Can we self-nominate?
2/  Do limited edition away shirts gain extra points?
3/  Can any mention of sombreros be wiped from the records?

All of those things are possible, but there are exclusions for cyclists and tent dwellers unless it is part of their usual match day travel arrangements.

I think we are a lightweight squad at present in a league that has a fair few  teams of our size and a couple larger (many financially) that makes it difficult to attract a certain level of player.We are going to have to work hard and grow gradually to compete above mid table.We may well bolster the squad with loans but these are very much going to be a gamble which may or may not come off we can only hope.

Finishing in the bottom half above the relegation places will be an achievement but it will probably mean we end up losing around 18 games which may make it toxic on a regular basis from the Warne out section.We must expect losses but as Warne said its important not to get too may back to back defeats.

I think with a couple of weeks remaining in this transfer window we are currently under strength in both terms of quality and quantity - hopefully that will change. 

As for being our worst Championship side thats subjective.  We have just come up from Lg1 a couple of seasons from almost going extinct, a lack of strength and depth is to be expected and part of the journey. 

The squad that was relegated from the PL should have at least contained some talent and work ethic but was mismanaged at every level, so that goes down as the worst Championship team imho.

On 15/08/2024 at 18:18, Bris Vegas said:

Looking back Nigel Clough took over a mess. But at least he had sone quality to work with right away in Hulse and Commons.

Philip Cocu was dealt a rough hand in his second season. Chris Martin had left, we seemingly had no forwards with CKR injured and Rooney was poor.

The administration season saw us relying on a bunch of kids. Yet without deductions, we would have been safely midtable. That surely wasn’t down to Rooney’s managerial ability?

Which leaves us the current side. I can’t help but feel Warne is up against it. Perhaps our struggles under Clough can give us some perspective regarding Warne’s future? It certainly wasn’t pretty under Clough, especially his second season post November.

Some people never change - one game in and your peddling tosh

do you still write for those freelance click bait websites that seem to give you some form of credibility in your own eyes, allowing you to post as if you are the fountain of all knowledge

Well said.

We’re still climbing out of the well we fell into a couple of years ago.

Team spirit goes a long way in football. I just hope that and a bit of added class will elevate us from relegation fodder to a team to be respected in this league.

2 minutes ago, davenportram said:

Some people never change - one game in and your peddling tosh

do you still write for those freelance click bait websites that seem to give you some form of credibility in your own eyes, allowing you to post as if you are the fountain of all knowledge

Please reply to this thread in a vacuum, meanging ignore or previous posts by this person.