v Blackburn (A) Match Thread

Day

Just now, i-Ram said:

To be fair. Are you new to this forum?

Sadly no.

But I don’t want members to get too down and say something that might prevent them accessing this fine forum.

Just now, europia said:

Not a surprising result, but shipping 4 goals in opening game is a bit ominous, considering Blackburn were strugglers last season.  We had a decent 6 or 7 minute spell around the time of our first goal, but as otherwise, pretty poor all round. Defensively naive and no threat up front. I hope Warney knows what he's doing, as there are no obvious improvements on last seasons team.  

So is shipping four in the some of the friendlies, but we are told not to count them as anything to worry about.

2 minutes ago, Red_ram said:

Disappointing, but some reason for encouragement, some for worry.

The good;

- Thought goudmijn was stand out first half - raking passes and tight control.

- We scored twice.

- Thought Elder was fairly decent

- That period in the 2nd half we looked good.

- Vickers didn’t do owt wrong really

The bad;

- Cashin - Needs to calm down and have a word with himself; all over the shop positional wise, which led to goals.

- Defensively in general really poor. For ozoh’s hype he didn’t cover himself in glory first half as a defensive shield, but certainly not all on him.

- Poor application going forward first half.

- Desperately need a new 9

- The Blackburn subs highlight our lack of quality in depth too.

4 or 5 signings and some finding of feet and it’s not all doom and gloom though.

V fair and accurate post 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

2 minutes ago, On the Ram Page said:

its pretty hard to be positive about our chances after tonight and our (lack of) recruitment so far

You’ve never been positive even when we got promoted last season you’re just seem to love harping on all the time with the same drivel every time we lose I know you’ll say different but I find it hard to believe you want derby to succeed 

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Yay, I’m absolutely delighted we got battered 4-2 by a relegation rival on the opening day. I’m so pleased that our owner promised a competitive budget and we started the season with Kayden Jackson up front. Im ecstatic that our manager has a 100% record of relegation from the Championship.

Think you need therapy, but I’m not going there. Try to sleep well.

5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Yay, I’m absolutely delighted we got battered 4-2 by a relegation rival on the opening day. I’m so pleased that our owner promised a competitive budget and we started the season with Kayden Jackson up front. Im ecstatic that our manager has a 100% record of relegation from the Championship.

I think you actually are 

30 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

You mean when 4-1 down with 5 to go? Why would we bring a forward on? Everyone knows it's a defender and 2 DMs you need to bring on to make sure you don't concede more.

Or not dismantle the midfield which had started playing well.

15 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Don’t know how you can watch that and not see how Vickers had a bad game, also Cashin was good with essentially no one to the left of him. He won 3 great tackles 1 minute before they scored. Elders positioning was god awful every time they attacked. He didn’t look good in league one so he wasn’t gonna look good in the championship. 

He won the tackles but then took the ball off Osborne’s toe. He should have left the ball. But that’s his game, gung-ho approach which will get found out the higher up the tier he plays. He seem more recently to be taking too many touches or too long on the ball, again he will get found out. 

3 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Please lads, just get a result.  Or the next week is going to be awful...

I Need It Please GIF

I guess they weren't listening...

Actually looked capable for from half time until we scored.  Then the former player curse struck once again, and the whole team had a complete brain fart...

14 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Blackburn were poor Jourdan. Despite us giving them the ball at every opportunity in the first half they only managed the one goal and the near miss when their centre forward scuffed it across the face of our goal.

We had them chasing shadows in the second half and after we scored we had them on the ropes.

But instead our defence decided to forget all of the coaching sessions on basic defending that they've ever been exposed to in their footballing careers. 

Poor? I think that’s harsh.

I don’t think Blackburn were fantastic by any means but absolutely they were worthy winners.

Defensively, we really let ourselves down, yes, but as the opposition you have to be doing something right to force those mistakes. They won balls in midfield and looked dangerous in transitions and our defence couldn’t handle their running and movement, players knowing where to be and when, and our midfield struggled with their intensity.

I think we had a good spell in the game but over the 90 minutes, the team who looked adjusted, familiar, organised, and played to a plan came out on top.

11 minutes ago, valakari said:

Warne said afterwards how outstanding Callum Elder and Kane Wilson were.

I think that is absolute crap, 3 of the goals were down to these two full backs being out of position!

Malcolm Christie said he thought they were both average.

And you're normally soooo positive!

I'm worried 🤨

We were way too passive first half. Second half it seemed to me he dropped Osborn deeper and moved Ozoh further forward and that stopped them playing through us. Both full backs got into the game going forward and we deserved the goal.

The self destruct button was pressed and that was that, but there are 45 games to play, 4 or 5 players to sign and 4th bottom the minimum target.

This is not a crisis. Anyone foaming at the mouth at this stage needs a bit of yoga or possibly medication. 

Edited by MaltRam