v Blackburn (A) Match Thread

Day

9 minutes ago, TerryH said:

Is it really that bad ? 
A poor few minutes 

But we scored two goals away from home 

lots of people asking where the goals are coming from - they came tonight didn’t they ? 

the negativity from some is both alarming and bewildering 

I thought when I recently joined this site that I was connecting with derby county supporters 

Is it always like this ? 

Nah. Sometimes people get really upset!

7 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

You are in here spouting a holier than though line like you are the only real Derby fan in here. You've already called one poster a 'bell' and told them to go watch someone else.

Perhaps it's worth having a look at yourself here? You've jumped on any dissenting voices immediately and heavily. Perhaps people are peed off because they care?

We've just been pumped 4-2 by a team most expect to be down in the scrap with us. What do you expect? A shrug of the shoulders and for everyone to pretend what they just saw was ok? It wasn't.

He’s the most negative fan on here, we could have won 0-4 and he’d of found something, the only fan? We were there in numbers tonight a great atmosphere watched a game that if finished 1-1 would of been a fair result, I can see we were cut open far far to easily but what do people really expect???

6 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Really not willing to get into an argument with some of the clowns who only seem to pipe up when we're doing badly so I'm just going to drop a fact that is a fact and not negotiable

We set up today to play attacking football, and didn't try to grind out a result. We committed men forward to try and score goals and as a result conceded 4. This was the case from minute one right until the end.

No further questions 

That isn’t a fact. We scored from 2 set pieces and we were undone by horrendous defending. They didn’t cut us open with high speed counter attacks our defence just decided to ball watch instead of marking their men. 

8 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Oh and for anyone advocating we give Warne time no matter what the results are, he's been relegated from this division every time he's had a full season in it, so how long do we give him before a decision has to be made?

This will be perhaps *the* critical question of the season.

Given how good Warne is at getting promotion from League 1, I would keep him even if we do go down this season.

Others may disagree. And I do reserve the right to change my mind.

But tonight is no basis for panic. Concern?? Sure. Much room for improvement?? Definitely. But causes for optimism were also there for all who choose to see them.

Edited by DB83

1 minute ago, NottsRam77 said:

Some people wanted him gone after 6 games last year 🤷

xmas is the usual bench mark, call me old fashioned 

Well looks like we will start bottom of the table so there is only one way to go from there 

2 minutes ago, On the Ram Page said:

He was probably the worst manager at the start of last season too. And we know what happened then. 

You are right though - “fickle” is the the wrong word to describe you ( despite my GCSEs, A Levels and Degrees). Just plain NEGATIVE will suffice.

No, his record in League One was excellent. I still don’t think he’s a good coach, but his methods clearly work at that level, that’s been proved time and time again. In the Championship, it’s been proved time and time again not to work.

its pretty hard to be positive about our chances after tonight and our (lack of) recruitment so far

Blackburn fully deserved to win. They were the better side for 70 minutes and 4-2 flattered us in the end. 

We looked incredibly naive in all areas of the pitch. Whatever value there was in pre-season, it is completely lost on me.

I think we need 5-6 new signings but more than anything I think we need to get back on the training pitch first thing tomorrow and start building some understanding between players.

The way we capitulated at 2-1 was unforgivable.

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

He has looked like that all pre-season as well. Very concerning.

There were a few green shoots but with a defence of that quality and no goalscorer, I don’t know what more we can do right now 🤷‍♂️

Recruitment over the coming weeks will define our season. 

I had read that, but in truth other than seeing a few goals in highlights I hadn’t watched us until tonight. As you say recruitment over the next three weeks will be key. There were 5 players in our team tonight who I wouldn’t want as regular first team starters too often this season.

3 minutes ago, TerryH said:

Is it really that bad ? 
A poor few minutes 

But we scored two goals away from home 

lots of people asking where the goals are coming from - they came tonight didn’t they ? 

the negativity from some is both alarming and bewildering 

I thought when I recently joined this site that I was connecting with derby county supporters 

Is it always like this ? 

Welcome aboard. Lots of varied opinions on here, there is a sort of marmite element regarding Paul Warne with some staunchly opposed to him as manager, some very much in favour, and then some sort of sat in the middle. 
Everyone on here (mostly) are Derby County supporters, and everyone has varying expectations, patience, tolerance etc. Typically after a loss or a poor performance you’ll get people expressing their concerns, some “well costed” and rationalised, some more emotional and reactive. Sometimes after a win you’ll get them too! 
I’ve found the best approach is to have an open mind to opposing views where possible, and stick to your own thoughts and beliefs if you’ve got conviction in em. 

6 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Oh and for anyone advocating we give Warne time no matter what the results are, he's been relegated from this division every time he's had a full season in it, so how long do we give him before a decision has to be made?

Sheffield Wednesday were in the worst position possible and made the change in October. Rohl arrived in mid-October and kept them up.

That’s probably the time where if we are rooted to the foot of the table without winning a game where I expect changes to be made.

I don’t think we will be in that position in October, though.

5 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

On that basis he should have gone at the end of last season. I am not his biggest fan but calling for his head after 95 minutes seems a bit of an over reaction 🤣 I think he gets at least 10 games and see where we are then.

P.G WODEHOUSE From the directors box.
Under the dim and rather morose flicker of the Ewood Park floodlights, one could almost hear the faint strains of some doleful dirge, setting the stage for what was to be a saga of dashed hopes and heroic, if somewhat futile, endeavours. The Rams,  took to the field with the air of seasoned campaigners, bracing themselves for a skirmish with those old adversaries, Blackburn Rovers. It was, I daresay, a match destined to be remembered not for any thrilling triumphs, but for the distinctly bitter aftertaste of defeat that clung to the occasion like a persistent fog. The Rams, stout of heart but lamentably short of quality with their ranks thinner than a butler’s morning porridge. The atmosphere was thick with the expectancy of battle, yet one couldn’t help but notice the ominous cracks appearing in what was once their fortress-like defence, now crumbling like an overbaked scone under the relentless pressure of their determined foes. Poor old Warne, a man with a mind well-tuned to the intricacies of set pieces, could only stand there, his plans unraveling before him with the slow but sure inevitability of a butler discovering that the silver has been polished with the wrong kind of cloth.

The loyal Rams supporters, bless their hopeful hearts, reached a fevered pitch of excitement when, by some mercurial twist of fate, parity was snatched from the jaws of a looming rout. Nelson, with the air of a man who had just remembered where he left his spectacles, soared to meet the ball and planted a header so magnificent that even the most cynical of onlookers found themselves momentarily inspired. For a fleeting moment, it seemed as though the Rams might just turn the tide and deliver a rousing riposte. But alas, as so often happens in these tales of sporting derring-do, this was but a cruel mirage—a tantalizing glimpse of salvation that vanished as quickly as a valet who has just remembered the sherry is uncorked. The midfield, once the stalwart keepers of the Rams’ fortunes, found themselves outmaneuvered and outwitted by their wily opponents, with Ozoh, Osborn, and Goudmijn left floundering like so many gentlemen caught in the rain without their brollies. Matters took a turn for the worse with Jackson, a poor fellow who found himself thrust into a role for which he was entirely unsuited, rather like a chap asked to dance the tango when he’d only ever mastered the waltz.

To top it all off, the proceedings were haunted by the shadow of an old acquaintance turned adversary, Eustace, who once wore the Rams’ colours but now, like some fiendish mastermind in a detective novel, orchestrated their downfall with a skill that was as infuriating as it was impeccable. Outthought, outplayed, and ultimately left to stew in their own regrets, the Rams were handed a rather thorough drubbing, leaving Warne with little choice but to take stock of his situation, perhaps don a fetching bobble hat for comfort, and devise a fresh plan of action. For it is all too clear that if the Rams are to weather the storms of this harsh and unforgiving league, they must unearth more than just the occasional glimmer of hope in their set pieces; they must reignite that fiery spirit, that bulldog tenacity, and the camaraderie that once made them a force to be reckoned with—or else face the grim prospect of being relegated to the dusty margins of football history, a once-glorious team now merely a footnote in the grand ledger of time.

1 minute ago, NottsRam77 said:

Some people wanted him gone after 6 games last year 🤷

xmas is the usual bench mark, call me old fashioned 

I love warne as a bloke and really want him to succeed. People get nervous due to his record at this level and tactically he worries me as a manager. We look like a team who rely on fitness and set pieces and we need to start adapting to look more dangerous from open play 

28 minutes ago, jono said:

Absolutely typical knee jerk reaction. Thank god you don’t have control of the nuke codes. 1st game of the season, missing a striker. Recruitment isn’t lacking, it’s just incomplete; given that we are being run as a responsible outfit now. 

Go and pick up your toys.

Dreadful post without thought or measure. Psst .. investment ? What you really mean is gimme gimme I want I want pout pout.

Recruitment isn’t lacking? Really? Are you happy with what you saw tonight? I wasn’t expecting us to tear Blackburn a new one but bloody hell we’ve just been hammered by a bang average Championship side. We’ve had all summer to sort it and we haven’t. I’ll tell what I want; some suggestion that we are serious about keeping our place in this league which won’t happen if we don’t bring in some real quality up front and at the back. 
And don’t patronise me; I’ve followed this club for 44 years and I’m a ST holder so I’ll say what I want  when I want whether you agree or not you tool.

Edited by Jayram

3 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I'm not calling for him to be sacked now so stop clutching your pearls. I asked a question.

Warne's track record in this league is objectively dreadful. How long do we give it before we address the situation if this is what we can expect from his team?

15 games minimum 

8 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Dunno. What do you think? One game? Two if you're being generous?

I don't think anyone is suggesting the time he is given is indefinite but that time surely has to be based on a number of games and not just one.

Cashin was so erratic. Can’t fault his desire and drive but he makes so many poor decisions. I can’t count the amount of the times he drove forward with the ball unnecessarily before losing out. Second goal was not his fault but a more experienced centre back doesn’t drift so far out of possession there.