Louie Sibley

IslandExile

Disappointed to read this.
OK, he didn't quite rise at the rate many of us expected/hoped.  But he was a Ram, and he always gave his all.

He goes with my thanks, my respect, and my best wishes for a successful career, wherever that may be.   🍻

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Crewton said:

No disrespect to Sibbo, but I don't think a goal against Oxford City is a cue for self-immolation among Rams fans.

Don’t worry he will score plenty this season 

I think he's as close as you come to guaranteeing 15 goals a season from midfield. I know some Oxford folk and they're all excited to have him there. 

Great he got off the mark first pre-season game. Football is so much about confidence, so it's very beneficial to hit the ground running. Look forward to seeing how he gets on this season. 

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I think he's as close as you come to guaranteeing 15 goals a season from midfield. I know some Oxford folk and they're all excited to have him there. 

Great he got off the mark first pre-season game. Football is so much about confidence, so it's very beneficial to hit the ground running. Look forward to seeing how he gets on this season. 

Double figures would be an excellent season for an Oxford side who will likely be battling relegation. 8 would be a good return.

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Now I did like Sibley but you must be his dad or something. He ain’t that good, I’ll be staggered if he even hits 10 goals this season… though he’ll put at least one past us, I’m certain of that.

5 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

Hypothetically if Oxford transfer listed him now in todays inflated market what would be a fair price?

I thought Sibley would have a very active market, honestly, so whilst Oxford is a good move for him. I expected more, so probably not that much until he proves himself again. 

Now, if he was to score 8-12 goals this season in the Championship then I suspect you're looking at £5m+ 

29 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

Hypothetically if Oxford transfer listed him now in todays inflated market what would be a fair price?

AM with a Championship hat-trick and still gaining experience...what will you offer?

29 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I thought Sibley would have a very active market, honestly, so whilst Oxford is a good move for him. I expected more, so probably not that much until he proves himself again. 

Now, if he was to score 8-12 goals this season in the Championship then I suspect you're looking at £5m+ 

There’s the rub. If Sibs could be consistently be close to what he can do when on song, then Oxford will have made a killing.

But that consistency never seemed to be there; and that’s allowing for all the excuses, position, manager etc etc. On the ball sometimes he looked brilliant .. then next time, got knocked off it or played a poor pass or didn’t “go for it” …  Missing ability or lack of confidence ? . … I guess we will find out. 

Just now, jono said:

There’s the rub. If Sibs could be consistently be close to what he can do when on song, then Oxford will have made a killing.

But that consistency never seemed to be there; and that’s allowing for all the excuses, position, manager etc etc. On the ball sometimes he looked brilliant .. then next time, got knocked off it or played a poor pass or didn’t “go for it” …  Missing ability or lack of confidence ? . … I guess we will find out. 

At his age if he'd been consistent when played in an attacking position, rather then the consistency he showed as a defender, then he would indeed have been giving Bellingham a run for his money! 😄