Transfer rumours

5 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Could be a naive way of thinking, but I’d imagine we do have a decent transfer fee if we’ve spent roughly 1.3 - 1.6 million this week alone on Ebou and Kenzo if/when Ebou is completed. Still some good frees out there and cheap deals from abroad but I hope we get a decent striker under 26 on a permanent. 

We needed the biggest overhaul in central midfield and if we can get Osborn, Kenzo and Ebou for 1.5 Million to upgrade the core of the sqaud then I feel it's money well spent.

Hopefully can then get a few more free agents and loanees to fill out the holes in the sqaud. This may nearer the end of the window when players lower their demands and Premiership teams finalise their sqauds. A number 1 goalkeeper we need to prioritise quickly though.

27 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Clowes Developments categorically do not have £300m in the bank. The most recent consolidated accounts show £4m cash on the balance sheet. 

Sorry - they don’t. P and L is at £300m. Not cash position.

Edited by rammieib

20 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

The under 21s are playing over in Ireland and looking at a couple of young players while the first team are in Spain.

Let's hope not as they are meant to be playing in Matlock in a few hours. Eek!

what’s everyone’s overall view of the window so far ?

I reckon midfield wise if we secure Ebou we’ve done well. The Nyambe re signing gives us a bit more defensive cover and security. 

Upfront I remain a bit windy knowing little about Yates and Jackson ? … Are we missing firepower ?

8 minutes ago, jono said:

I reckon midfield wise if we secure Ebou we’ve done well. The Nyambe re signing gives us a bit more defensive cover and security. 

Upfront I remain a bit windy knowing little about Yates and Jackson ? … Are we missing firepower ?

Decent so far. I’d like a new keeper in sooner rather than later as it’s a critical part of the team. 

I still think we need an attacking mid like Bobby Clarke or Dembele that we’ve been linked with. A CB to play in the middle of the 3 with sonny having a year left.

Still want a striker like Mubama who has good potential. 

So pretty much the spine of the team needs fixing 

4 minutes ago, McMuffin said:

And people thought he wasn’t good enough for the championship 🤣

Some don't seem to think AZ are good enough for the Championship..... 😄

(Not me btw!)

1 hour ago, jono said:

Still need to sign 5 or 6 starters - the rest of the squad looks about right. Even with Adams signing, we'll still need 1 or 2 others (depending on Osborn's intended game time at CM). Nyambe we already contracted for this season, so no change there.

After Adams, I would say we still need: GK, CB, CM/LWB, CM, AM/W, CF

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Still need to sign 5 or 6 starters - the rest of the squad looks about right. Even with Adams signing, we'll still need 1 or 2 others (depending on Osborn's intended game time at CM). Nyambe we already contracted for this season, so no change there.

After Adams, I would say we still need: GK, CB, CM/LWB, CM, AM/W, CF

Agreed with those positions - although I still harbour a dream we play 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 instead of wing backs. A LF is therefore a requirement.

I just believe that CBT and NML are wingers - not strikers, not inside forwards - they're wingers and to get the best from them, that is where they need to play.