Transfer rumours

4 hours ago, YorkshireRam said:

The bit I don't understand is why people are bothered by it. This thread literally exists because people want to read rumours. Nixon provides them with more credibility than the layman and some folk lose their minds. He's not professing to know every tiny detail, just putting tidbits of info out there we wouldn't normally have?

I think calling that a rumour is generous, in this case any football fan could have spewed out that vagueness. 

What irks me about Nixon is that football fans are desperate and he plays them like a fiddle. 

5 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

I have it on good authority we are looking at a goalkeeper, a few midfielders and a couple of strikers. Maybe a defender. Potentially on loan or permanents, they'll be signed at some point in the future.

Wow!

Which player you sleeping with?

1 hour ago, tomsdubs said:

I have it on good authority we are looking at a goalkeeper, a few midfielders and a couple of strikers. Maybe a defender. Potentially on loan or permanents, they'll be signed at some point in the future.

Or they might not sign….things change…

On 12/06/2024 at 08:28, Tamworthram said:

Not necessarily a concern. Maybe Oxford were simply prepared to offer him higher wages than us - we all know money talks. Or, more likely IMO, they offered him a longer term than we were prepared to offer. According to the BBC, Oxford have signed him as a “long term contract”. 

3 year deal. Possibly as a 2 year +1 option rather than a flat 3.

1 hour ago, CaptainOx said:

3 year deal. Possibly as a 2 year +1 option rather than a flat 3.

Maybe we only offered him 2 years or didn't think he was worth the money Oxford were prepared to pay. Assuming we even made an offer🤷‍♂️

I'm not alarmed if we were simply out bid by another team. It doesn't mean we couldn't have afforded more. When you go to an auction you bid what you think the item is worth not necessarily the maximum you can afford.

44 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Would make sense to be Bobby Clark.

Yeah - or at least a Liverpool player. A new manager in place and will want to see what he has early into pre-season. 

Bobby Clark has been a long-term target for Warne so can only assume it's him.