Transfer rumours

6 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Adeboyejo suits us perfectly wins a lot of headers, is very strong aswell as having pace. Not exactly a great goalscorer though. 

Seems a decent option to me, but I think that Bolton would want the best part of £1m for him.

16 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Adeboyejo suits us perfectly wins a lot of headers, is very strong aswell as having pace. Not exactly a great goalscorer though. 

He’s a good age and is well regarded at Bolton.

Would be nice if we could afford to buy him rather than a loan but he does seem a better fit than some linked to us.

6 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

He’s a good age and is well regarded at Bolton.

Would be nice if we could afford to buy him rather than a loan but he does seem a better fit than some linked to us.

I could see us loaning him with an obligation to buy

52 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

The part of your post I was replying to was about his confidence though.

He scored plenty last season in a team who won enough games to finish in a playoff spot, and who went on to win a cup at Wembley with him scoring the winning penalty.

Instead of giving him a proper chance to capitalise on that you're sending him on another loan to boost his confidence further (?), even though that loan could - through no fault of his own - be a failure and set him back another year. You're sending him on loan where his misses have no consequences, but nobody in history has ever learned anything without there being consequences for their mistakes.

All you've done is pushed the issue on another season. The same excuse still exists - a couple of big misses and he's no more prepared to deal with them than he was a year ago.

A couple of goals 'surprise' goals in a game that matters at Championship level could provide just a big a bost as scoring 10 in League One.

It’s a bit different playing in an empty Wembley to a packed PP.  In any other job, you let people grow and develop at a sensible pace.  Throw him in at PP where he might get 1 or 2 chances per game, miss them and get downbeat.  Go on loan, where he gets 5 or 6 and May score a goal every other game, his confidence grows.  He needs to be nurtured.  And if we have a recall clause, we can have in back in January depending how he’s doing and our needs.  A win-win situation.

After all, he’s had 6 months of mens football in the 5th tier.  If it wasn’t someone who’d come through the academy people would be calling it madness.

Edited by FlyBritishMidland

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If ours is a competitive budget, their budget must be Ron Jeremy massive like!

Remember when we were trying to sign Joseph and he went to Oxford instead a couple of years back? It's no surprise really, they've been spending fairly well for a while.

Plus we get the "Big Club Derby" tax where it's assumed we can add a couple of hundred k to any possible fee.

Derby Fans: We must never allow ourselves to get in the same financial mess as we’ve just been in.

Also Derby Fans: It is great the DC wants to run us sustainably and, in any event, we know he isn’t as well off as Mel so we know we can’t spend big bucks anymore.

Also Derby fans: It’s going to be hard in the championship. We’re still rebuilding after being decimated by administration. Staying up is the main aim, mid-table would be great.

Also also Derby Fans: Oxford have signed somebody. Wah wah wah, why haven’t we signed anybody. Wah wah wah. Why hasn’t DC bankrupted himself yet to buy a striker. Wah wah wah we’ve lost two away games to teams who are better than us. It is the end times! (Wah). 

I know, I know, it’s not how much we’ve got to spend it’s who we’ve spent it on (wah). I know, I know DC said we had a competitive budget (wah). I know, I know, Warne’s football puts people off (unlikely but wah). I know, I know, you can criticise the club it doesn’t make you disloyal to DC or ungrateful for what he did (well, it might do just a bit… but wah!)

And finally… I know this isn’t everyone and I may be exaggerating for effect. For what it’s worth, I’m also a little disappointed we haven’t been able to fill all the obvious gaps in the squad. It’s also obvious we need several more players. But if we don’t then my rattle will stay in my pram.  DC isn’t a sugar daddy, he is a saviour and he’s doing his best - but we aren’t going to be fishing in the same pond as many of our competitors for some time and until that changes I think we just need to be mindful of our limitations. 

4 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Agree you have to give young players a chance to develop for sure but only when they reach a certian level of ability. That is always subjective unless the player is truely outstanding for their age, like Wayne Rooney for a standout example. I would argue that Brown is not yet at the required level to enter championship football. He needs a loan in league 1 or 2 and needs to shine at that level.

Absolutely but when we have very little available to us like we have had so far this season why not give them a good go

59 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

“Massive” Oxford Utd have blown us out the water with signings . 

"Massive" Oxford are owned by 2 people with a combined wealth of nearly £3 billion, they can afford to push the limits of ffp, Clowes has got nowhere near that financial muscle to subsidise the club, perhaps he was unwise in saying that we have a competitive budget when he didn't actually know how much other clubs are prepared to push the ffp boundaries.

15 hours ago, Crewton said:

Bellingham??

f*** me, these posts get more and more surreal by the minute.

If he weren't one of our own and Warne picked him up on the basis of some strong performances for Gateshead, the meltdown on here would be absolutely colossal. He's immensely promising, but to my mind, that's all the more reason for minding him a bit. Based on what I've seen so far this season, he's not ready for Championship football. Somebody else was talking about with Lamine Yamal the other day and the whole 'if you're good enough' spiel we keep hearing, but he isn't good enough yet as far as I can tell, so I can't really fathom any such comparisons. Get him a L1 loan and revisit at Xmas, would be my way of thinking.

12 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Derby Fans: We must never allow ourselves to get in the same financial mess as we’ve just been in.

Also Derby Fans: It is great the DC wants to run us sustainably and, in any event, we know he isn’t as well off as Mel so we know we can’t spend big bucks anymore.

Also Derby fans: It’s going to be hard in the championship. We’re still rebuilding after being decimated by administration. Staying up is the main aim, mid-table would be great.

Also also Derby Fans: Oxford have signed somebody. Wah wah wah, why haven’t we signed anybody. Wah wah wah. Why hasn’t DC bankrupted himself yet to buy a striker. Wah wah wah we’ve lost two away games to teams who are better than us. It is the end times! (Wah). 

I know, I know, it’s not how much we’ve got to spend it’s who we’ve spent it on (wah). I know, I know DC said we had a competitive budget (wah). I know, I know, Warne’s football puts people off (unlikely but wah). I know, I know, you can criticise the club it doesn’t make you disloyal to DC or ungrateful for what he did (well, it might do just a bit… but wah!)

And finally… I know this isn’t everyone and I may be exaggerating for effect. For what it’s worth, I’m also a little disappointed we haven’t been able to fill all the obvious gaps in the squad. It’s also obvious we need several more players. But if we don’t then my rattle will stay in my pram.  DC isn’t a sugar daddy, he is a saviour and he’s doing his best - but we aren’t going to be fishing in the same pond as many of our competitors for some time and until that changes I think we just need to be mindful of our limitations. 

There's a middle ground here. It may well be DC has neither the means nor desire to go above a strict budget but it's not like every club spending more than us is in imminent danger of 'doing a Mel'.

Edited by vonwright

15 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Blimey, there’s an awful lots of wahs in there, whatever wah means

56 minutes ago, Carnero said:

"Speaking live on talkSPORT 2 radio, journalist Darren Witcoop claimed that Derby like Adeboyejo and there is a ‘good chance’ he will leave Bolton this summer."

Surely that's made up? Only 3 starts for Bolton since the middle of Feb. Only got as much football as he did last season because Charles was injured for half of it. He's pretty much their 3rd or 4th choice CF now.