Transfer rumours

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Josh King is an interesting one. Plenty of top flight experience having just been playing for Fenerbahce for a couple of years and in the PL (and championship) before that for Watford, Everton and Bournemouth. 60 odd cap international too.
I think he had a decent goalscoring season playing up front for Bournemouth 5 or 6 years ago. He’s probably beyond our reach monetarily, and is 32, and typically plays out wide, BUT…. An interesting option nonetheless.

That's the one that caught my eye out of those names, he used to be a real handful. Pretty quick and mobile, but also strong. Flitted between centre forward and winger so fits well in a front 3. 

There's a good chance he's losing the pace now at 32 but if he's looked after himself a la NML, then he'd be a very good option.

Probably too high wage-wise for us

11 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Dele Alli is busting a gut to get in the Everton team. He won’t want to come to us.

Armstrong would be a good addition but only if we also get Devine or another more mobile youngster.

11 minutes ago, angieram said:

Are you giving us a clue who that is? 

I was just commenting on mackworth ram's list. At some point if hid head is right Alli is going to rip it up for someone. How Everton have started it is likely to be there

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

Unless Goudmijn gets stronger and more involved he won’t be in the starting X1 soon enough as we will be going for the strength of Ozoh Adam’s and Osborn and Thompson deserves a place on there as well. So a Premiership loan ( youngster) has to be very special to get many minutes from what I am watching.

I understand your reservations about Goudmijn but he’s the only midfielder who looks like he could pick a pass to a player like Al Hamadi.

The rest are all good athletes but limited footballers. We can’t keep relying on play it wide, whip it across. It becomes too predictable. 

There is some merit in having two of Ozoh, Adams and Osborn playing deep with Goudmijn and another attacking midfielder transitioning play to Jackson plus Yates or the new guy.

1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

I understand your reservations about Goudmijn but he’s the only midfielder who looks like he could pick a pass to a player like Al Hamadi.

The rest are all good athletes but limited footballers. We can’t keep relying on play it wide, whip it across. It becomes too predictable. 

There is some merit in having two of Ozoh, Adams and Osborn playing deep with Goudmijn and another attacking midfielder transitioning play to Jackson plus Yates or the new guy.

I don’t disagree but he has to perform on the football pitch and everything is new to him and I think it’s going to be a lot harder for him from now on and Warne will play who he is comfortable with.

9 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

In all the excitement I genuinely don't know when the different transfer cut off points are this season if someone is able to oblige me with the dates would be most grateful.

Summer window closes 11pm on August 30th, which I believe is next Friday.

Winter window is from New Years Day until Monday Feb 3rd 2025.

Free Agents without a club before the deadline closes can still be signed, there might be a cut off point for their registration but I can’t be bothered looking it up. 

Just now, Caerphilly Ram said:

Summer window closes 11pm on August 30th, which I believe is next Friday.

Winter window is from New Years Day until Monday Feb 3rd 2025.

Free Agents without a club before the deadline closes can still be signed, there might be a cut off point for their registration but I can’t be bothered looking it up. 

Can we still get like emergency loans in after the 30th August or that's it until NYD?

20 minutes ago, Simmoram2024Ramsrontheup said:

I’d love Deli Alli what a story if we were able to secure him, Warne’s man management , lots of encouragement and praise we might see him rejuvenated. What happened to him was awful and I’d love him to rediscover even 10-15% of what he had. 

Top posting Simmo. 

IMG_0727.png

4 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Pretty sure the only emergency loans a club can have after the deadline are goalkeepers in the event of an injury crisis or something.

Yeah, emergency loans outside of that haven’t been a thing for years. 

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I've just had a look through the free agents list and see if any jump out. Obviously some of these may be way out of budget wage wise but these are the ones I could see.

Apologies if this has been mentioned.

Dele Alli

Steven Alzate

Aaron Connolly 

Joshua King

Ivan Cavaleiro

Stuart Armstrong

Yohann Barbet

Kemar Roofe

Dan Potts

Paul Dummett

Ovie Ejaria

Did the same last night another that stood out but who's wages would probably be way out of our league is Jonjo Shelvey

17 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Did the same last night another that stood out but who's wages would probably be way out of our league is Jonjo Shelvey

Maybe just a personal thing but I can't stand the bloke. Wherever he goes his attitude stinks.

9 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Looking at that list im shocked Ejaria is still on a free, always looked a decent player when ive seen him play

I’d be surprised if it was him, but he is the creative type we need in a midfielder. We have deeper players, we have pacey wingers. We need someone who can carry the ball and create.