Transfer rumours

9 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Sure;

Tyrone Mears climbed back through a Moor Farm window this week. Sadly for him, security launched him out headfirst thinking he was a Leeds peeping tom. Out for 3 months as a result but Warne has offered him a trial in Nov.

Esteban Fuertes has finally got his UK passport & is ready to mingle. Warne sceptical he is really 31 as stated on his new documents..official checks pre-trial offer.

Michail Antonio inspired by Osborn & after his strike to force treetards to let him move to Derby, is back for another plunge. Warne assessing feasibility along with Billy Sharp. Wages a poss issue.

And Divock Origi nailed on 👍

See this is how it's done, though I do note you left of the mandatory 'ITK' suffix, which is slightly disappointing 😋 

2 hours ago, rammieib said:

Selling/lending manager - “so Paul, what’s your football philosophy?”

PW - “well I like to get men behind the ball, have 30% possession and hit them on the counter for a 1-0”

Selling manager “OK thanks, I won’t be sending my player to you”

Ill be honest, budget aside which I know is tight and some loan fees are silly, why would you want your loan player, especially if they are attacking/creative, come to us?

Sadly I can see what you say as being correct largely 

2 hours ago, rammieib said:

Selling/lending manager - “so Paul, what’s your football philosophy?”

PW - “well I like to get men behind the ball, have 30% possession and hit them on the counter for a 1-0”

Selling manager “OK thanks, I won’t be sending my player to you”

Ill be honest, budget aside which I know is tight and some loan fees are silly, why would you want your loan player, especially if they are attacking/creative, come to us?

Maybe I’m deluded but I happen to think we have a great club. Great support, fantastic facilities and really good people at the club. We’re not where we want to be at the moment (I think we all know that) but PW. DC are trying their hardest to change that. Why some people are so negative and look for any possible way to criticise the club is beyond me.

20 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Sadly I can see what you say as being correct largely 

Budget is the be all and end all. Can get anyone you want if you give enough money or pay them enough. We simply don’t have that luxury. 

Rejoice all ye who wait desperate for news, we have a new rumour! The Daily Record in Scotland credits us with an interest in 24 year old, twice capped Swedish cb Gustaf Lagerbielke. It would be a loan move from Celtic, but there’s also mention of Heerenveen being in for him in the article and on Twatter….but we got Kenzo over them right? So who knows. It’s probably pish anyway, but a rumour nonetheless! Maybe Zetterström can have a word…

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/bogusz-engels-beck-celtic-transfer-33514073

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

51 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Rejoice all ye who wait desperate for news, we have a new rumour! The Daily Record in Scotland credits us with an interest in 24 year old, twice capped Swedish cb Gustaf Lagerbielke. It would be a loan move from Celtic, but there’s also mention of Heerenveen being in for him in the article and on Twatter….but we got Kenzo over them right? So who knows. It’s probably pish anyway, but a rumour nonetheless! Maybe Zetterström can have a word…

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/bogusz-engels-beck-celtic-transfer-33514073

He’s an actual Baron. 6ft 4 and shares my birthday. This guy needs to play for us. 

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Ready To Party Drinking GIF

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Scenes chez 86 right now....

2DV.gif.a3442212112b924d18c7d2a6042c5240.gif

2 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Hopefully Warne wears this on his zoom call to convince him to come image.thumb.png.fb880825612c8face5508e1626c12d5d.png

11 hours ago, Allen said:

Maybe I’m deluded but I happen to think we have a great club. Great support, fantastic facilities and really good people at the club. We’re not where we want to be at the moment (I think we all know that) but PW. DC are trying their hardest to change that. Why some people are so negative and look for any possible way to criticise the club is beyond me.

I agree with the above but answer me this - if you’re sending a Derby player on loan somewhere, what’s the most important thing you’re looking for?

For me - I want development of that player. 

Now my own personal opinion, I don’t see PW with his style and approach as a manager who develops players. 

This is why I think it’s so difficult to attract players even once we are competitive financially.

Just now, rammieib said:

I agree with the above but answer me this - if you’re sending a Derby player on loan somewhere, what’s the most important thing you’re looking for?

Now my own personal opinion, I don’t see PW with his style and approach as a manager who develops players. 

This is why I think it’s so difficult to attract players even once we are competitive financially.

Money firstly, beyond that it's where you're competing in the league and the chances of playing. Your prejudice against Warne is getting in the way.

11 hours ago, Allen said:

It’s the entitled generation mate! They need to have it all and they need it now 

The Swedish press say he went to Celtic for 40m Swedish money last summer, we've got Jacob for 20m. Even though I know nothing about the lad, I can't see us giving Celtic their money back on him just down to our tight/sensible finances. He'll most likely be on a fair whack wages wise being at Celtic so is he actually that realistic?

5 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Really? Osula and Dobbin came here, developed and played games for there teams in the Prem after being sent here. Both gone for multi million pounds. 

Bird had his most productive season and under Warne. Sibley got lots of minutes and moved to a champ club. Knight was sold to a champ club after playing for Warne and got international appearances. 

Cashin was tried to be bought by Brighton and has developed over the last 2 years. 

Other players like NML have had there best seasons in competitive football under Warne

I think some people are blinkered tbh