Transfer rumours

39 minutes ago, Srg said:

If it’s in this s**** thread and not on actual thread, then no. 

This is a very nice thread without piffling rules, regulations or any necessity to be accurate or truthful.

In fact I think this thread should stand for Parliament. I’d vote for it 

5 minutes ago, jono said:

This is a very nice thread without piffling rules, regulations or any necessity to be accurate or truthful.

In fact I think this thread should stand for Parliament. I’d vote for it 

Thread’s fine, just those that don’t maybe use the forum so much will keep coming in thinking or asking if things are credible. In short, if it’s in here, it’s likely nonsense. 

2 hours ago, BaianoPOTY98 said:

It’s on one of the Derby transfer forums (not sure which one my son told me lol) it says deal agreed thought to be between 650 and 800k and Adams moved his belongings out of Cardiff 🤷‍♂️🤞

2 hours ago, BaianoPOTY98 said:

That would be a good start if we could get Adams and Clark over the line 🙏

I agree it would be a good start to  rebuilding our midfield. Fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, Srg said:

If it’s in this s**** thread and not on actual thread, then no. 

That's true. Wishful thinking maybe there could be something in the rumour.

4 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

If he's a former Palace defender (like that's a pinnacle for anyone), has he been released or is he playing somewhere even worse?

He's been released, however he was very highly thought of prior to injuries getting in the way. He was ever-present for the England age groups right up to u20. It's another young player with potentially a high ceiling, but has some adversity. John Jules was another. 

Ideally, albeit without knowing the wages being asked for and our budget, these are the types of players that you want on the periphery of the core first-team. You want 22/23 year olds with ability to be the back-ups, not 31/32 year olds. Ferguson, however, is someone I expect can and will get a very good contract at this level due to his unrealised potential. 

11 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

If he's a former Palace defender (like that's a pinnacle for anyone), has he been released or is he playing somewhere even worse?

I get that this is a tongue in cheek comment, but if you look at the current academy setup for Palace, then you'll see that they are doing very well in that respect and anyone coming through their academy should come with a decent reputation and understanding of what's needed to succeed as a professional footballer.

They're not hugely fashionable, but they tend to be able to pick up the players that slip through the cracks of other London academies and let them grow and flourish in a progressive setup.

7 hours ago, roboto said:

I get that this is a tongue in cheek comment, but if you look at the current academy setup for Palace, then you'll see that they are doing very well in that respect and anyone coming through their academy should come with a decent reputation and understanding of what's needed to succeed as a professional footballer.

They're not hugely fashionable, but they tend to be able to pick up the players that slip through the cracks of other London academies and let them grow and flourish in a progressive setup.

Don't forget the ones that they pick up and don't pay for from academies of clubs struggling in admin.

They can all do one, the pikey wannabe cockernees......

19 hours ago, Ambitious said:

He's been released, however he was very highly thought of prior to injuries getting in the way. He was ever-present for the England age groups right up to u20. It's another young player with potentially a high ceiling, but has some adversity. John Jules was another. 

Ideally, albeit without knowing the wages being asked for and our budget, these are the types of players that you want on the periphery of the core first-team. You want 22/23 year olds with ability to be the back-ups, not 31/32 year olds. Ferguson, however, is someone I expect can and will get a very good contract at this level due to his unrealised potential. 

If he’s been injured and injury prone they we surely must be interested….

This thread is reprehensibly irresponsible and I like it.

Gylfi Sigurðsson is using the summer to get back to fitness while playing for Valur in Reykjavík.  Heard it from a casual acquaintance who heard it from his sister's drunken ex that Gylfi is bored as stiff as his legs ATM, just waiting for some decent club to approach him on a pay as you play kind of deal.