Transfer rumours

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Mate he's not even had a chance. 

I think he has and was generally left wanting.  He does have speed however, which is useful and he may get better but this is a better level as well.  I can't see we would sell him at the minute but I could see him going on loan, with a recall for injury or an upturn in performance as part of the deal, to allow us to finance a loan of our own.  

5 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

I don't think CBT will often be in the starting 11 but he will play a role off the bench. His pace and willing to run past people with the ball will be ideal when we either want to play on the counter or with 20 minutes to go to test tired full backs.

I agree he is not going to be a starter behind NML, Jackson , Wilson & Barks. Seems like another Nick Blackman 

CBT will play plenty this year

Coming into a side halfway through the season during a promotion race is a completely different kettle of fish to where we’re at now

He’ll have a full pre-season behind him, he’s settled in with the rest of the squad and is clearly a talented player that is one of “Warne’s group” as he phrased it the other night.

I think he’ll have a good season, he was so good on the break at Pompey away last year, we’ll be in more games like that this year where he’ll have a chance to shine.

12 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Coming into a side halfway through the season during a promotion race is a completely different kettle of fish to where we’re at now

He’ll have a full pre-season behind him, he’s settled in with the rest of the squad and is clearly a talented player that is one of “Warne’s group” as he phrased it the other night.

I think he’ll have a good season, he was so good on the break at Pompey away last year, we’ll be in more games like that this year where he’ll have a chance to shine.

Ebou Adams came in after hardly playing much game time last season and did the business. CBT has under performed 95% of time he has played - get shot.

The signing of CBT reminds me a bit of some of The Bald Eagle’s signings.  Quite often he’d make a signing in the last month of the window, with a view t9 them being for the following season.  I remember Ashley Ward and Chris Powell in particular having slow starts after signing part way through the promotion season.  The following year Ward played a key role and scored som important goals in the PL and Powell was player of the year.

Why are we all so quick to right players off?  CBT has had to adjust to a different way of playing and different fitness expectations.  A full pre-season with Warne and the rest of the team will do him the world of good.

11 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Deffo agree with this, the physical tight pitch battles at grounds like Northampton, Cheltenham and Burton will be replaced with bigger pitches/ grounds where we able to express ourselves better. Adams ratting around like a man possessed and kenzo spraying the ball around with pace to burn on the counter. Sounds easy I know lol, going to be a very difficult season and hope we start decently to give us confidence. Be some good atmospheres against big clubs 🐑

I don't think it helped that CBT was the first transfer fee that we'd paid for over 2 years when we signed him.

Some people were acting like he was a £3m signing rather than a nominal £300k signing and expecting an instant star, so have now judged him as a flop.

Admittedly the only encouraging sign so far was his performance against Pompey, but it did show us just enough to hold out hope that he may yet prove to be a good addition.

Time will tell.

17 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Ebou Adams came in after hardly playing much game time last season and did the business. CBT has under performed 95% of time he has played - get shot.

That was great for us and Ebou but it doesn’t always work out that way with players signed in January. 

Regardless of what happened last season, the point is that with a full pre-season behind him he will rightly get his chance here in 24/25.

16 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I don't think it helped that CBT was the first transfer fee that we'd paid for over 2 years when we signed him.

Some people were acting like he was a £3m signing rather than a nominal £300k signing and expecting an instant star, so have now judged him as a flop.

Admittedly the only encouraging sign so far was his performance against Pompey, but it did show us just enough to hold out hope that he may yet prove to be a good addition.

Time will tell.

Repeating myself...but my main concern was his body language and general lack of effort.

He's like the annoying mate who comes every week but doesn't ever work back, waits for the ball and then loses it and merely shrugs his shoulders.

If you're out of form, at least look arsed.

Didn't look a Warne player at all. There must be more to come.... or he'll be out the door for sure.

I think that it's very premature to write CBT off after such a short period of time. There are so many factors when a player moves clubs and consequently it takes some players longer to settle.

As long as he has come in to this season with a positive mind set, he has the same chance as everyone else. 

Some fans don't seem to have any patience when it comes to new recruits

1 hour ago, Leicester Ram said:

I think everybody seems to have forgotten that he was carrying an injury when we bought him and that is the reason he, apart from  one and a half games, didn't perform well for us last season. I shall be resisting the temptation to praise or slag the lad until he's had a fair few appearances this season, now he's fit.

We've had CBT officially signed prob what? A week or 2? People on here saying get shot, absolutely mental fanbase sometimes.

Personally happy to give Warne a summer working with him, injury free and trained into what Warne expects from him on the pitch. Warne is big on personal development of players and improving them in areas they are weaker. I think we need to remember we are supporters sometimes and the clue is in the name.

9 minutes ago, Crewton said:

That's a bit tasteless - given the overnight news.

Shocking taste. I went through my house today and got rid of a pack of satsumas, some butterscotch angel delight, a load of conkers and a tin of creosote out the shed out of respect after hearing the overnight news.

Given that we've increased our 'Sporting Intelligence' team recently I think we should be broadening our net and searching high and low for players with names such as Poom or Ebou in future.

Fans won't know how well they've played as we'll 'boo' them no matter what. That should solve a few problems on here 😛

2 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Given that we've increased our 'Sporting Intelligence' team recently I think we should be broadening our net and searching high and low for players with names such as Poom or Ebou in future.

Fans won't know how well they've played as we'll 'boo' them no matter what. That should solve a few problems on here 😛

I think the new unit sets each potential signing a quiz to prove their sporting intelligence.

That’s why the window has been slow. We’ve been looking at ‘thickies’ so far!