Transfer rumours

Portsmouth have lined up Elias Sorensen, who had a productive year in the Danish second division last season. He's previously been at Newcastle and Blackpool without making much of an impact. 

Interesting signing, considering Bishop is now out for a good period of time under very unfortunate circumstances. 

I must admit, I'm surprised with how they have approached the market. I thought they would be more aggressive considering their ownership and after being out of the Championship for so long. It doesn't look like there is a great deal in the pot. 

27 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Portsmouth have lined up Elias Sorensen, who had a productive year in the Danish second division last season. He's previously been at Newcastle and Blackpool without making much of an impact. 

Interesting signing, considering Bishop is now out for a good period of time under very unfortunate circumstances. 

I must admit, I'm surprised with how they have approached the market. I thought they would be more aggressive considering their ownership and after being out of the Championship for so long. It doesn't look like there is a great deal in the pot. 

Just to be clear, he was playing in the Danish 3rd tier last season (26 goals and 15 assists in 33 games). He's followed it up with 1 goal and 3 assists in 2 games so far this season in the 2nd tier. 

Mostly used on the LW, he was head and shoulders above any other forward in that league last season. However, it's a big step up from the Danish 3rd division to the Championship, so it'll be interesting to see how he gets on. Fee is rumoured to be about £300k.

Screenshot_20240730_234253_Chrome.thumb.jpg.22b9cdddae3ad2f768b882b330228296.jpg

1 minute ago, islandram said:

Has this stopped being a football supporter site as every post are taken over by puns which go on forever or people who insist on telling us they talk every language under the sun.

Hidoi kotoda to dōi suru

On 29/07/2024 at 15:03, FKANorwichExile said:

I think Warne and team are playing it quite well with Brown. He's clearly got the right attributes and there must be a massive temptation to throw him straight into the side. But we've all seen the "next big thing" being thrown in the deep end and sinking without a trace. The management team have a lot of faults, but they do seem to be a good judge of characters and they'll know what's best for him at this point in his career.

I'd like him to be in and around the first team, personally, but for us to pin our hopes on him being an important goalscorer for us this year seems like letting our excitement get away with us.

Have Derby actually thrown a "next big thing" in at the deep end and watched him sink? What we normally do is sit them on the bench or play them out of position until their head has gone. Have we actually had a "next big thing"?