Transfer rumours

On 29/05/2024 at 09:53, Jimbo Ram said:

He doesn’t score goals, where would they come from in our midfield?

Errrm, both feet off the ground and a perfect volley, remember that ? . How many games did he have. ? Ebou will score goals from midfield. Maybe not Brysonesque in numbers but a serious and improving  threat

39 minutes ago, jono said:

Errrm, both feet off the ground and a perfect volley, remember that ? . How many games did he have. ? Ebou will score goals from midfield. Maybe not Brysonesque in numbers but a serious and improving  threat

Check his record.

19 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Check his record.

Stats only tell half a story, sure you have a point, but just 17 games with us and a bit part player with Cardiff. It’s just my gut feeling. I am convinced he’s got goals in him. Something about the front foot nature of his game, a willingness to shoot and good technique. I hope we get chance to find out next season. 

6 minutes ago, jono said:

Stats only tell half a story, sure you have a point, but just 17 games with us and a bit part player with Cardiff. It’s just my gut feeling. I am convinced he’s got goals in him. Something about the front foot nature of his game, a willingness to shoot and good technique. I hope we get chance to find out next season. 

I was referring to Osborne…

On 31/05/2024 at 15:11, Crewton said:

From what i can recall, Charlie went up for a header with Stoke captain Alan Bloor and fell awkwardly on what was a very hard pitch (it was a freezing cold night). I don't remember anything controversial about the challenge, just the usual robust aerial challenge that was common in those days. Others may remember more detail than me though. Stoke were actually more of a footballing side in those days, with the likes of Alan Hudson, Jimmy Greenhoff and Geoff Salmons playing for them. Pulis' team were a different beast altogether.

My recollection is of Charlie being clattered - a technical term meaning deliberately taken out - by Denis Smith who had been trying to get close to Charlie all evening without success until that point. 
With Charlie’s injury went our very realistic hopes of the double that season such was his form and influence. A time when doing the double assured a club of footballing immortality so hard was it to achieve. 
Charlie was a football genius and was playing that season at a level to match that description. Denis Smith struggled to match a description of footballer. 

15 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

My recollection is of Charlie being clattered - a technical term meaning deliberately taken out - by Denis Smith who had been trying to get close to Charlie all evening without success until that point. 
With Charlie’s injury went our very realistic hopes of the double that season such was his form and influence. A time when doing the double assured a club of footballing immortality so hard was it to achieve. 
Charlie was a football genius and was playing that season at a level to match that description. Denis Smith struggled to match a description of footballer. 

Wasn't he clattered into the low wall along the side of the pitch or am I misremembering?

40 minutes ago, Wignall12 said:

Wasn't he clattered into the low wall along the side of the pitch or am I misremembering?

Misremembering I think! It was over on the B stand side of the pitch in the Normanton end half of the BBG

7 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

Misremembering I think! It was over on the B stand side of the pitch in the Normanton end half of the BBG

Oooo close...A stand corner and Kids pen  

I heard a crazy rumour today!

According the murmurs from the MLS, we would be after Teemu Pukki. 

There’s a huge list of factors against such move 😆

12 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

You are right. I don't think he was clattered by Smith either, just fell awkwardly. Anyway, that was a long time ago now and not very relevant to transfer rumours! Now we are in June and contracts are finishing and people are coming back from holidays we should start hearing things soon

33 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Not least of which being the fact that he's 34 and has wondered off to the retirement home (for some) of MLS.

52 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

It was mentioned on a 5 minute old ‘scandanavian transfers’ Twitter account the other day. So… can discount that then. 

Doesn’t make sense anyway.

9 minutes ago, Red_ram said:

It was mentioned on a 5 minute old ‘scandanavian transfers’ Twitter account the other day. So… can discount that then. 

Doesn’t make sense anyway.

Exactly 34 year old Pukki who still has a year to run on his contract... no chance! I thought this thread was for rumours with some kind of evidence ie link to a news article etc

33 minutes ago, Rample said:

So 17 pages give us

Iverson

Souttar (Loan) 

Lonwijk

Dummett

Burrows

Adams

Kane 

Konate

Windass

Skipp