UEFA Euro 2024 Thread

Day

Portugal have actually got a brilliant team. Vitinho, Paulinha and Bruno in midfield, Bernardo Silva and Leao. They really don't need Ronaldo. I don't know why they persist with him.

Portugal's best chance of winning the tournament is if Ronaldo gets booked and suspended for the semi-final.

I fancy them against France. But think Spain would justt dominate them if they persist with a walking strop and no press upfront. 

18 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Portugal have actually got a brilliant team. Vitinho, Paulinha and Bruno in midfield, Bernardo Silva and Leao. They really don't need Ronaldo. I don't know why they persist with him.

Portugal's best chance of winning the tournament is if Ronaldo gets booked and suspended for the semi-final.

I fancy them against France. But think Spain would justt dominate them if they persist with a walking strop and no press upfront. 

Martinez is a bit of a yes man and Ronaldo is the “bankable asset”, so has to be played.  Wouldn’t be surprised if he had an input into team selection…

Is it too hot? Are the pitches too slow?

This is dreadful. 

Should be like the Copa America. Straight to penalties after 90 mins.

Nobody wants to watch another 30 minutes of walking football.

36 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Is it too hot? Are the pitches too slow?

This is dreadful. 

Should be like the Copa America. Straight to penalties after 90 mins.

Nobody wants to watch another 30 minutes of walking football.

Nah disagree. We should have gone straight to pens after the first half. Even being French I was bored stupid. We could not score on a brothel at this tournament

What a poor game of football. Portugal for all their flair have failed to score in their past 3 games. France meanwhile are relying on own goals and penalties.

Oh well, glad the Ronaldo show is over.

Asking too much of the players apparently,  Should go straight to shootouts as their being pushed to the limit.

Perhaps think about getting rid of all those friendlies after the season and preseason tours of America and Australia first.  Maybe take less wages and go back to a straight European knockout in the "champions" league and get rid of the new Europa league which has about 20 matches to play to win it.

Maybe have a world cup without 64 teams.

Just a random thought like. 

29 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

What a poor game of football. Portugal for all their flair have failed to score in their past 3 games. France meanwhile are relying on own goals and penalties.

Oh well, glad the Ronaldo show is over.

What is it with the final pass, cross or shot. Not just todays games but generally this tournament has been awful regarding this.

Some nice build up play occasionally but christ, awful balls into the box seem almost compulsory.

Seems these days that the focus for most teams is to look like passing world beaters in areas where the opposition is happy to let them have the ball, get anywhere near the opposition goal areas and they turn into bumbling jelly fish , a bit like last season’s argument s over Warne ,plenty seem to have lost the principle that the game is about scoring goals and goals entertain ,

on that note there’s every chance England could win this tournament with they’re route to the final, I don’t really see any team using they’re top quality players to go out and rip the opposition a new one🤷🏻‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Archied said:

Seems these days that the focus for most teams is to look like passing world beaters in areas where the opposition is happy to let them have the ball, get anywhere near the opposition goal areas and they turn into bumbling jelly fish , a bit like last season’s argument s over Warne ,plenty seem to have lost the principle that the game is about scoring goals and goals entertain ,

on that note there’s every chance England could win this tournament with they’re route to the final, I don’t really see any team using they’re top quality players to go out and rip the opposition a new one🤷🏻‍♂️

Teams are dropping off and sitting back far too much, which then results in the opposition overpassing it around to try and break them down.

Only Spain and Germany seem to want to press high.

France, in particular, are relying on remaining rock solid at the back and producing individual magic to score.

As boring as France have been, they have kept clean sheets in four of their games, three of those being Holland, Belgium and Portugal.

You could argue that France’s tactics are working and they see this as their best chance of winning the title.

8 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Asking too much of the players apparently,  Should go straight to shootouts as their being pushed to the limit.

Perhaps think about getting rid of all those friendlies after the season and preseason tours of America and Australia first.  Maybe take less wages and go back to a straight European knockout in the "champions" league and get rid of the new Europa league which has about 20 matches to play to win it.

Maybe have a world cup without 64 teams.

Just a random thought like. 

You'll never get a seat on UEFA or FIFAs fixture committee with silly ideas like this 😉

The highlight of the tournament so far for me was a clip showing one of the little girls that walk out with the players, She was standing in front of Ronaldo touched the side of him to see if he was real, Hand on mouth and giggling with the girl next to her, At least Ronaldo was worth being picked 😁