Controversial views unchallenged

The culpability of Sam Rush in the downfall of the Mel Morris project is not as appreciated as it should be. The "troubled times" that started afterwards were in no small part due to the spending rush had been advising Mel to make.

NDAs relating to the Mel Morris era should be respected no matter how much we all want to know.

Leicester are a much bigger club than Derby, even without the Premier League win.

Most football matches are boring to watch.

A 'funny' chant about the size of Mendez-Laing's p*nis is weird and makes me very uncomfortable.

Shaun Barker's dress-sense is amazing.

Posted (edited)

Steve McClaren is the most overrated manager in Derby's modern history. 

George Burley is the most underrated manager in Derby's modern history.

Nigel Clough would have got us promoted by 2016 & the manner of his sacking (night of Forest v Derby) still angers me

Sam Rush was a terrible chief exec for Derby

Philip Cocu was on the verge of cracking it at Derby before Rooney starting undermining him. He would have taken us up within 2 years.

I am extremely apprehensive about Paul Warne managing us in the Championship & dont see him lasting beyond Christmas

Edited by LeedsCityRam

The Silmarilion is a waste of time besides 2 short stories contained within it.

As much as I love Harry Potter, it is just star Wars with wands.

Pride Park is great stadium and the lack of atmosphere is mostly down to the fans expectations not being met and choosing when to get behind the team rather than design.

They should make the South Stand a more expensive part of the ground equivalent to the sides, then only those who really do want to create an atmosphere would sit there. 

We over celebrated as a club and fan base after beating Leeds in that second leg of the play offs.

The Wembley loss to QPR was as much the fault of Mac as it was the combination of Fozzy, Bucko and Keogh.

Posted (edited)

Many see the narrative of the QPR final as MacLaren should have started Bryson, I actually think he should’ve found a way for Eustace and Thorne to play in the same side before we even got there. Hughes and Hendrick both should’ve been subs at that point because we needed Eustace’s experience. Eustace, Thorne and Bryson would’ve been my pick.

Case in point is Warne bringing in Smith for the last few games. Many wouldn’t have him in their preferred starting 11 but Smith has the experience to coast through those last few games and to lead those around him.

Edited by TuffLuff