End of season celebrations.

1 hour ago, Kathcairns said:

I gave it 25 mins and then when i couldnt see the cup being given cause there were still fans on the pitch. blocking the view, gave it up as a bad job and went home,so well done to those who got a good view

I expected to do the same... but was determined to see it through to the end, as I just thought that was what the players deserved.
I don't blame you for giving up early.  I was very, very tempted to do the same.  

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Get well soon, @Day.

I thought the celebrations were terrific - such powerful emotions as I watched from above.

Didn't leave until after the trophy celebrations. 

Admittedly I couldn't see a lot of it, but you could just feel the passion - and relief. 

Well done, Derby County fans. 👏🏻 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

WE are Derby.

I agree - it was amazing. Total joy and relief.  Someone mentioned 25,000 in the stands - didnt seem to be anyone in the stands except our West Upper. Could see the trophy presentation perfectly so seemed best of both worlds. 

Also forgot to mention... I walked through the turnstiles at c.12:08.   I don't ever recall the North Stand concourse appearing to be "rowdy" before, but it was today. 🐏

*That's a good thing btw, just in case anyone was wondering!  

Just got back home.

Two pints before the game at DW sport place good atmosphere good beer choice for the location no real ale.

Record fair and Bustler market after the game good atmosphere poor craft beer choice given the location no real ale.

Neptune good atmosphere real ale mediocre.

Standing order good atmosphere good beer real ale.

Dolphin good atmosphere good beer real ale.

Shakespear good atmosphere good beer craft beer but no real ale.

Bess good atmosphere nearly run out of beer, so never had a drink.

Home bad atmosphere wife already gone to bed expect no conversation for several hours in the morning then a lecture about stopping out for so long. 
No beer for several days will have to treat her for a meal before I am allowed any beer again. 😂

Thought the club handled it well.  Obviously there are mixed opinions about pitch invasions - personally I'm all for them - it's a chance for fans to really feel part of the club not just customers.   It was good to see all the younger fans ready to run on.  Everyone seemed to enjoy it - even the stewards - if people don't want to run on surely the spectacle beats  a lap of honour?

12 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'm not sure they did? 🤷‍♂️
Wasn't it more along the lines of "Please do not go on the pitch before the final whistle".

That's entirely different to your quote, and covers their arses when it comes to thousands breaking the law on their property!

Yes, it was inevitable.  No, there was nothing more the club could have done to avoid the invasion.  But that still does not make it right or acceptable.

... and as for the atmosphere once they were on the pitch... Embarrassingly non-existent, imo.
If we'd have partied like that back in the '80's, it would have been called a wake!  👀

Children sliding around on the hallowed turf, and grown-ups wandering aimlessly wondering "What happens now".  No "scenes".  Very little jumping around singing and cheering. No passion.  No emotion.  I repeat... embarrassing. 
To be fair, having a good overview of the proceedings from my seat, I suspect the majority were puffed out after all that exercise!  Looked like most of them had never been near a sports pitch before!  

It was fully expected of course (as a lot of anti-social/selfish behaviour is nowadays!), so it certainly didn't spoil my afternoon, but I still maintain a lap of honour by the players, management, and Mr Clowes... along with their nearest and dearest... would have been much more preferable... especially in front of 25k+ still in the stands.
But much of the stands were nigh on empty within 5 minutes of the final whistle.  When the (majority of the ) pitch invaders eventually left the pitch, they weren't miraculously full again, which would imply most had given up, and headed home.
Check out the numbers still there once the trophy was brought out.  It was like the raffle results at a village fete!  

Totally agree with this. Running on the pitch spoiled the party atmosphere, a lap of honour in front of 30,000 people would have carried on the celebrations. I stood in the stands and after a few minutes most people on the pitch didn’t know what to do next. 

Can anyone help me remember when we last had a pitch invasion at Pride Park? I seem to remember one happening but can't think what the occasion was. I assume probably when we went up in 07 but we still had playoffs to do after that?

Just now, CollyerDCFC said:

Can anyone help me remember when we last had a pitch invasion at Pride Park? I seem to remember one happening but can't think what the occasion was. I assume probably when we went up in 07 but we still had playoffs to do after that?

After the play-off semifinal in 2013-14? 

3 minutes ago, CollyerDCFC said:

Just checked back, it was the second leg Vs Soton.

Youtube

3 minutes ago, CollyerDCFC said:

Didn't you all go on after the Brighton PO win in 2014.  I think so? 🤷‍♂️

*I wasn't there.  I was half-fanning it from a bar in Spain.  😎🍻🐏