Going up 👍

No chickens counted on my behalf, but for those of a certain vintage, who was at the BBG in May 86, the last time we escaped from Div 3? 
What a season (or 2) and what a night. The tension, the floodlights, the queue at the chippy. 

Over 21,000 in those days was like 40k right now. 

I can still feel the rush of joy as Christie stroked home that peno - cool as custard. Arthur was, and still is, The King.

And when I win the lottery, Arthur and Graham Richards will get their statues outside PP.

Different times, but almost 40 years on, I’ve got that promotion tingle again. 

Super Rams 💪

Please post any videos from 84-90.  

Also, ‘Mr Fitzharris of Bolton’, I love you 🤣

Edited by North East Ram

11 hours ago, North East Ram said:

No chickens counted on my behalf, but for those of a certain vintage, who was at the BBG in May 86, the last time we escaped from Div 3? 
What a season (or 2) and what a night. The tension, the floodlights, the queue at the chippy. 

Over 21,000 in those days was like 40k right now. 

I can still feel the rush of joy as Christie stroked home that peno - cool as custard. Arthur was, and still is, The King.

And when I win the lottery, Arthur and Graham Richards will get their statues outside PP.

Different times, but almost 40 years on, I’ve got that promotion tingle again. 

Super Rams 💪

Please post any videos from 84-90.  

Also, ‘Mr Fitzharris of Bolton’, I love you 🤣

I travelled up from London and felt sick with nerves throughout the game. One of my most memorable 🐏 matches 😊

30 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

The phrase "jumping the gun" springs to mind.

Bolton now only one point behind, three of the remaining games at home, albeit one against Pompey. Last game against Peterborough who will be resting players ahead of the playoffs.

Sorry, I had meant to post my comment under the "which players should we keep for our upcoming season in the championship?" thread. 

In fairness, the OP in this topic said it was just a feeling and they weren't meaning to count chickens...

On 06/04/2024 at 20:44, Grimbeard said:

Have we agreed what the penalty was for yet?

I think they the ref was properly punishing one of the most cynical fouls ever.

A bit like when they know that a corner has been awarded incorrectly and blow the whistle for a 'foul' by the attacking team, as soon as the corner is taken.

8 hours ago, ram59 said:

I think they the ref was properly punishing one of the most cynical fouls ever.

A bit like when they know that a corner has been awarded incorrectly and blow the whistle for a 'foul' by the attacking team, as soon as the corner is taken.

Love Bobby throwing mud at the defender. It was a clear and obvious penalty - such a vicious push in the wall. Someone could have been seriously injured! Wasn’t Norman Hunter their manager as well? He knew all about obvious penalties at that end of the ground! 

34 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Love Bobby throwing mud at the defender. It was a clear and obvious penalty - such a vicious push in the wall. Someone could have been seriously injured! Wasn’t Norman Hunter their manager as well? He knew all about obvious penalties at that end of the ground! 

Yes Hunter was the manager. And for some reason can remember ,in a interview after the match  Colin Gibson saying to Trevor Christie "Norman Hunter said it was never a penalty ". Trevor replied "I don`t give a monkeys what Norman Hunter says "

Edited by Alan Ramage 4 EVA

Yes, I was there too... as I recall a Phil Gee screamer followed by a Rotherham equaliser followed by Trevor Christie as cool as custard.  I was in the C Stand. I remember the guy in front of me turning round just before Trevor scored and saying he couldn't bear to look.... an incredible night....I also remember I'd watch the game whilst listening to Graham Richards commentary on my little radio... the guy was just a terrific commentator...

14 minutes ago, Terry Hennessy said:

Yes, I was there too... as I recall a Phil Gee screamer followed by a Rotherham equaliser followed by Trevor Christie as cool as custard.  I was in the C Stand. I remember the guy in front of me turning round just before Trevor scored and saying he couldn't bear to look.... an incredible night....I also remember I'd watch the game whilst listening to Graham Richards commentary on my little radio... the guy was just a terrific commentator...

Yes in the days when little radios were called Trannys ?

Still got mine