Match Thread: Wycombe (a)

Just now, plymouthram said:

Warne got it wrong playing Washington and Collins together, it did'nt work. Taking Smith off, when he was one of our better players, also did'nt make sense. When is Gayle fit, he would have put one of the chances away tonight that others fluffed.

The risk of having no control worked first half, we created 3 good chances. Second half we needed to change it and to be fair to Warne he did. 

No footballing intelligence tonight. The only glimpse of it was when Adams bought a free kick on the edge of their area. 

Just now, TheTinMan said:

Weren't good enough or didn't have the bottle? Because we were good enough against Bolton and Pompey. We got ourselves into a very healthy position. Time after time this season when they have the weight of expectation on them against a (respectfully) lesser side like Northampton or Wycombe they fold. 

Didn't we show "bottle" against Bolton and Pompey?

Stating the obvious, if we fail to go up it will simply because sometimes (rarely) we were good enough and showed bottle (whatever that means) but not often enough.

I was only a nipper in the 90s when we got promoted, so dont really remember a lot of the details.

What I wonder is, did everyone cry and s*** themselves like a bunch of babies quite this much every time we dropped points back then? Before Van der Laan popped up with his glorious header to clinch second for us? 

3 games to go. Bring on the Orient

3 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Wilson the one who loses the everytime and nml has been poor for the last 8 or so games? The subs are too predictable! How did it make sense please answer, we are trying to win the game you take of an attacker for a real slow midfielder who gives you nothing! 

Please answer?! I gave you my thoughts the first time, how about “please read it”.

The Hourihane sub meant a change from an ineffective 4-4-2 to a 4-3-3, it got Collins in a more central striking role than he’d been in before that point, and allowed Smith to drop in and cover the right side of the pitch so Wilson went forward to join the attacks. I didn’t say Wilson did a good job, but the substitution did change our approach, it was still ineffective but it did at least change something about how we were playing….therefore I can see some sense in it.

3 minutes ago, TheTinMan said:

Weren't good enough or didn't have the bottle? Because we were good enough against Bolton and Pompey. We got ourselves into a very healthy position. Time after time this season when they have the weight of expectation on them against a (respectfully) lesser side like Northampton or Wycombe they fold. 

I think it’s arrogance. Even PW and Waggy have touched on it in interviews recently…: that the players think they can just turn up…then u hear PW this last week saying that he didn’t like the look of the players in training ….

3 minutes ago, abertawe_ram said:

I was only a nipper in the 90s when we got promoted, so dont really remember a lot of the details.

What I wonder is, did everyone cry and s*** themselves like a bunch of babies quite this much every time we dropped points back then? Before Van der Laan popped up with his glorious header to clinch second for us? 

That team wasn't clogging around League One against awful opposition though was it? 

7 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Warne got it wrong playing Washington and Collins together, it did'nt work. Taking Smith off, when he was one of our better players, also did'nt make sense. When is Gayle fit, he would have put one of the chances away tonight that others fluffed.

Very disappointed. Really thought it might work.

5 minutes ago, abertawe_ram said:

WE used to football in those days. If only ......................