Match Thread: Wycombe (a)

3 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Just don’t get it, put in a great shift in the pouring rain away at Portsmouth, have time to rest and work with 8 days in between, then turn in such a lacklustre showing.
Warne and his staff not done enough, players let themselves and all of us down tonight, it’s still possible for us to get autos but it’s a massive dropped b0ll0ck tonight 😞 

This exactly. Absolutely perplexing. 

1 minute ago, alexxxxx said:

Could only watch the last half an hour but some bad decisions from players tonight in the final third and the set pieces were rubbish. That last FK needed to be a shot at goal.

Too obvious to need writing down, isn't it? Need a goal - don't actually shoot.

Positives: We didn't lose. 

Can't think of any others.

If we win the next 3 I think that'll be enough so its not the end of the world but we now need to go and do it, pressure is higher after tonight. We know we play like this far too often and yet we're somehow still in 2nd so nothing changed and we've learned nothing new. We know we're not a convincing auto side. The other teams around us won't do maximum points (well I guess we better hope so after its out of hands now).

So reserving judgement until season end remains the case. Exactly the same as per earlier in season when pressure was on PW, he has to get us up, the easy way or the hard way. Given its Derby, its obviously going to be the latter. I will be bitterly disappointed if we miss out on autos but will then back us 100% for playoffs if that is what it is. Anything to get us out the league. PW can still be our League 1 saviour. But he deserves the exit door if he doesn't, that should be clear enough when you see how low quality this league has been this year. 

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

boooooo.  bottle job b*******.  Might get a goal if they have 10 days off.  I can take a defeat .  Can't stomach lack of effort and b******* twice in a month.  

I don't think there any real lack of effort. Just a lack of control, composure, playing any decent football and getting some of the basics right.

The consolation is my predictor only had us down for a draw. We really need a win on Saturday and for Pompey to get something at Bolton. ☹️

What makes me really want to bang my head against a wall in frustration is that I really hate Wycombe and hearing there tin pit fans sing about us cheating then we can’t even muster a shot on target in a rather important game ….it was s**** 

if we don’t go up this season I fear for us a bit …

It’s the performance deep down I knew we was going to produce. We need to win games like these. 0 shots on target is diabolical. If that’s how we are going to play for the last 3 games we don’t deserve automatics. So frustrating.

That was just unacceptable - we can still easily finish second but that performance for a second placed team with 4 games left was so bad. No game plan, no idea how to create a chance, can’t string 3 passes together,  tactics were again reliant on hoping we score from a set piece.  Didn’t look like we had spent the last 9 days working on anything. 

Saturday is huge now - must win no excuses and hope others do us favours. 

1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

What has happened to NML?

He looks like a man who has forgotten how to play football. He needs a rest I think.

He has been the driving force in our season but when he’s out of form we create little.

Was thinking the same, what is wrong? Need to get him going again fast because without his points I struggle to see us score 3 more goales in total this season (play off games included). 

It's not the drawing, it's not the point, its the horrendous showing from everyone other than the defence and Adams. Everyone else way off it. I genuinely think NML should not be captain. Great player on his day but so awful tonight, bickering with his team mates, woeful passing, shocking finishing, just not right for the role imo. 

We need Gayle back, that man will save the autos.

Certain players going missing and not offering options was the most disappointing aspect, because that is a choice. Bad passing etc is annoying but still mistakes.

Players like Cashin and NML left on the ball too long as teammates disappear.