Match Thread: vs Portsmouth (a)

11 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

You don't want to be getting those two mixed up.....😮

Didn’t think cider was supposed to have bits in it 😬 Btw my dad would find this funny. He was said he was tempted to sprinkle a bit of B4 in the sugar bowl in Pride Park’s away changing room last week 😂

Sibley and Wildsmith in particular a bit shaky first half. Which way is the rain blowing? Perhaps may be a factor so the second half will be in our favour.

We're finding a lot of space behind their left back on the counters, so Wilson, Ward and Mendez-Laing will continue to have a lot of joy. Rafferty is also struggling to deal with Blackett-Taylor when he's running at him.

Expect Blackett-Taylor, Collins, Smith and Ward to be withdrawn for Thompson, Waghorn, Collins and Fornah between the 70th and 80th minutes

2 minutes ago, B4’s Sister said:

Didn’t think cider was supposed to have bits in it 😬 Btw my dad would find this funny. He was said he was tempted to sprinkle a bit of B4 in the sugar bowl in Pride Park’s away changing room last week 😂

Daniel would have been both thrilled to be near his heroes and highly amused by the prank I think!

I think Blackett-Taylor is the unsung hero of the half. Ward will get the plaudits for the goals, but CBT is direct and causing them so many problems, they've had to overcompensate on that side which has allowed Ward more freedom.

If the pitch wasn't so wet, I think he may have had an even better half. There's been more than one occasion where he's gone in to the box and cut inside, but the ball has held up on the surface or just got stuck under his feet.

Keep doing what we're doing, the longer we're ahead, the more they'll commit. We will hopefully then have more space for the wingers to run into, it's just a shame we don't have too much pace on the bench to stretch the game if they're tiring. Someone like Barkhuizen would be ideal to bring on with about 20 left if we're still in front.

1 minute ago, Papahet said:

Blackett-Taylor looking better with each game

Over the Easter fixtures were starting to see why we brought CBT in. Completely nothing to do with football, but is it just me or does shirt look a bit too big for him

3 minutes ago, McArthur Park said:

Watching on TV tonight, why is it so much more nerve wracking than being at the  game?!! Great first half, let's keep this going!

I know the feeling.  I love away days on TV as much as home days at the ground.

Without tempting fate, this could be one of the great away results for many-a-year.  

Keep it going!