Investment

Sorry if this already has a thread!

With our accounts showing a hefty loss and the club aiming for promotion does anyone think Mr Clowes will look for investors?

So much talk when we was in admin that he will settle the ship and then other people will come in… I know it’s a lot of gossip!

But I’m sure there was an interview that he stated it was medium term investment 

I think Clowes will see what he can manage in the division up with the extra TV income first. 

Remember we’re owned by his business and they’re a company that make tens of millions in profit each year. 

This leads me to believe that he’d be open to supporting us to the tune of single digit million losses per season for a short while as long as he sees a pathway to being more sustainable once the academy has fully recovered from admin. 

Remember the huge losses incurred over the last year or 2 were hangovers from admin. If our playing wage bill is 45% of revenue we’ve got to be in a strong position to be trying to do things very differently to last time. 

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

I think Clowes will see what he can manage in the division up with the extra TV income first. 

Remember we’re owned by his business and they’re a company that make tens of millions in profit each year. 

This leads me to believe that he’d be open to supporting us to the tune of single digit million losses per season for a short while as long as he sees a pathway to being more sustainable once the academy has fully recovered from admin. 

Remember the huge losses incurred over the last year or 2 were hangovers from admin. If our playing wage bill is 45% of revenue we’ve got to be in a strong position to be trying to do things very differently to last time. 

I think, as a reluctant owner, he will always be looking for a sale. BUT, as a true fan and having seen what we've been through, I strongly suspect he will be extremely cautious about who he sells to. 

I mentioned it on a different thread, but it wouldn’t surprise me if something was lined up pending our status as a Championship club.

We’d be an extremely attractive option for someone looking to buy a football club. Debt free with a fan base and facilities all ready to go for the Premier League. It’s just the minor aspect of the playing side to address in that regard.

Wasnt it mentioned early this season that Clowes was either looking for, or open to the idea of further investment? I’d be surprised if there weren’t a number of interested parties, and if we’re in the Championship rather than League One, our appeal increases astronomically.

Hopefully the EFL should get a better funding deal from the Premier League over their recent sale of TV rights in the next year or so that should address some of the losses but a big factor in the share of TV money will be dependent on if we are a Championship club. This is probably factored in by Clowes.

Currently Championship clubs receive a 75% share of the EFL cash (L1 15% and L2 10%) and the latest offer from the Premier League is worth around only £3.15 mil more next season per Champ club than what they currently get.

The Premier League’s current international television contracts generate around £5 billion for a three-year cycle.

EFL clubs believe the offer represents around 14.75% of the combined overseas media revenue of the two leagues, depending on the exact figures of future television deals. However, it is well below the 25% the EFL is looking to secure.

The Premier League has argued the amount equals around 21% once transfer levies and other payments are considered.

This is where hopefully an Independent regulator steps in soon to guarantee this money for us and other clubs in the EFL alongside getting rid of parachute payments. My worry is how does the league stop an increase in players wages negating any increase in TV revenue.

2 hours ago, angieram said:

Very little,  according to Pearce at the fans' forum. But he did say that the Club has budgeted for a similar loss over the next two/three seasons and Clowes will cover this.

Gotta love the man really. Just quietly went about saving the club, seems completely devoid of ego and very much one of us fans. I don't think I've ever wanted success more for a Derby owner.

Hopefully we get the job done this season, secure sensible investors for next season and DC can then enjoy some shared success, rather than just footing hefty bills.

Likewise our fanbase who have been mostly brilliant through some very difficult times. As it is, I'd be pretty upbeat about DC's chances of finding someone to share the load. We're in decent shape off the pitch now and we are something of a sleeping giant anyway.

Funny how we talk of ‘investors’ … when nearly all, if not all, are effectively giving the Club money and receive no financial return on it at all- in fact it’s lost.

I wonder how many fans - assuming they were multi millionaires would ‘invest’ in the Club in this manner…

We can slag MM off as much as we do but the fact is he gave the Club millions …yes, it turned out a disaster but he still lost a bundle of cash…