Investment

45 minutes ago, CapeTownRams said:

Funny how we talk of ‘investors’ … when nearly all, if not all, are effectively giving the Club money and receive no financial return on it at all- in fact it’s lost.

I wonder how many fans - assuming they were multi millionaires would ‘invest’ in the Club in this manner…

We can slag MM off as much as we do but the fact is he gave the Club millions …yes, it turned out a disaster but he still lost a bundle of cash…

Not necessarily wholly true - except the MM bit - if the investor(s)/owners sell the club to someone else for more than they put in then they do get a financial return.  I would imagine, for example, that Mike Ashley made money on the Newcastle deal, that the Glazers have benefitted from Man U. So it is possible.

Would also imagine that DC might find it hard to get his money back from buying us given what he had to cover, never mind the running costs. 

4 hours ago, CapeTownRams said:

Funny how we talk of ‘investors’ … when nearly all, if not all, are effectively giving the Club money and receive no financial return on it at all- in fact it’s lost.

I wonder how many fans - assuming they were multi millionaires would ‘invest’ in the Club in this manner…

We can slag MM off as much as we do but the fact is he gave the Club millions …yes, it turned out a disaster but he still lost a bundle of cash…

A good start for all of us fans , would be to attend cup games . Yes , last game of the season is sold out . But what about attendances of 4-5 thousand for cup games . We shouldn’t need handouts from the Prem if we dig a little deeper in our pockets. Let’s not just sing “We are massive” , let’s act it .

4 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

A good start for all of us fans , would be to attend cup games . Yes , last game of the season is sold out . But what about attendances of 4-5 thousand for cup games . We shouldn’t need handouts from the Prem if we dig a little deeper in our pockets. Let’s not just sing “We are massive” , let’s act it .

Some of us already do 🙄

14 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Nice, let’s shame the fans that chose not to attend cup games. 

A tad sanctimonious IMO.

I’ve been a season ticket holder since the 70’s and attend half a dozen away games or more each season (many others attend far more). I’m not looking for a medal but equally, I don’t feel bad because I choose not to attend cup games. I’ve dug deep into my pocket plenty over the years and am happy to continue doing so (I renewed my season ticket yesterday). I don’t really need someone trying to make me feel guilty for not attending a couple more games a season.

We need to be creative about investment. We have a manager who is obsessed with American football. We should propose a series to Netflix. The premise would be that a goofy English football manager (from the lower leagues) is inexplicably hired by a major US football franchise, only to achieve massive success against all odds.  PW would be made exclusively available to Netflix for the unexpired period of his contract and DCFC would enjoy 50 of the profits from the series, to be credited to DCFC’s P&S account and deployed in hiring a manager with championship expertise and a host of talented players.

it’s not rocket science

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

A tad sanctimonious IMO.

I’ve been a season ticket holder since the 70’s and attend half a dozen away games or more each season (many others attend far more). I’m not looking for a medal but equally, I don’t feel bad because I choose not to attend cup games. I’ve dug deep into my pocket plenty over the years and am happy to continue doing so (I renewed my season ticket yesterday). I don’t really need someone trying to make me feel guilty for not attending a couple more games a season.

I didn't read it as suggesting any shaming of non-attenders (how would that actually happen anyway?), but persuading more fans to attend cup games is an obvious way to increase revenue. You have to admit that, despite ticket prices being low, all the cup ties in whatever competition have been poorly attended, even more so than other recent seasons.

9 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

A tad sanctimonious IMO.

Apologies @jimtastic56.  I think I seriously over reacted to your post and you're right, it would help and don’t think you were trying to guilt anyone.

8 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Mike Ashley or the Redrow Housing fella, Steve Morgan, would very my guesses if we got promoted.

image.thumb.png.bf94c1c5b5c69306b023a95a2a485485.png

The 2020 edition of the Rich List estimated his net worth at £751 million, a fall of £199 million on the previous year. In February 2019, Morgan received an apology and damages from the Daily Mail after being falsely accused of buying Redrow properties at an undervalue.

image.png

4 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Apologies @jimtastic56.  I think I seriously over reacted to your post and you're right, it would help and don’t think you were trying to guilt anyone.

No need to apologise. We can’t keep expecting some business man to pump millions into DCFC if we don’t all make sacrifices . We all love an away day but it doesn’t put money in our coffers . 

32 minutes ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

I wonder if DC has considered selling new shares to fans, with fan appointed directors to represent that shareholding?

I think if he intends to be in "forever" I wouldn't be surprised if that sort of thing entered his head. I think however if we are looking for investors and maybe a handing over of the reins its be easier to do that if he owns 100% of the club.

Close season will be interesting in regards to investment, it'll tell us quite a bit. Final negotiations with any investors wont take place until we know the league we are in, both sides would surely want that. They are either investing in a L1 club needing a bit of a squad remodel, or a Championship team with a lean squad ready to build ready for the next step. 

There may not be investors in the offing, DC may not sell to any old Shiek, Chris, or Jeremy. Ashley has gone I reckon, we aren't a basket case anymore, he would have to pay a fair price for the club now. That's not his M.O. is it? 

Talking out of my hat (as per) but I think there will be an addition to the board first in some kind of advisory role. That person will be seeking investment rather than be an investor, and that is when we will know it's on the horizon. Might happen by tea time today, might happen mid next season when DC sees what is required to move to the next step, might not happen all.