Athletic article on Chris Kirchner

1 minute ago, inter politics said:

And Nixon and many others bought into it hook, line and sinker.

It’s quite difficult to not buy in to it unless you’ve got access to all of his banking transactions and companies trading.

If somebody shows you their bank balance with $26m in it, it’s hard to say they haven’t got $26m. 

3 minutes ago, Mckram said:

It’s quite difficult to not buy in to it unless you’ve got access to all of his banking transactions and companies trading.

If somebody shows you their bank balance with $26m in it, it’s hard to say they haven’t got $26m. 

I'm more having a go at Kirchner. I thought he was genuine too. It just makes me further question some journalistic claims.

52 minutes ago, Mckram said:

Can anybody explain exactly what he has done? Was he taking money out of his company or elsewhere? 

That's pretty much it - He took money out of the company and spaffed it on jets and stuff. While he was the fraud, other parties must be culpable in allowing it to happen. 

FWIW, I was completely taken in by him!

41 minutes ago, Mckram said:

Thing is, even if you're applying for a small mortgage, a lender would require statements that show income and outgoings over 3 months. If a bank statement was used as proof of funds, Quantuma are negligent.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

All of the parties involved in this should be thoroughly embarrassed. Especially Quantuma. 

That John Percy article was a highly interesting read. 

They really weren't bothered by that point, just about how exotic their lunch tab could be. 

10fdb648-146c-44c9-a75f-b00e16347455_tex

It's days like this I remember to be thankful that we are a nice normal club these days and hope we can continue that.

Next season the best we can really hope for is a run of the mill mid table finish.

No Rooneys, Lampards or Coles. No Arab princes, Spanish alleged gangsters/boxers or blockchain scammers.

No drunken car crashes.

No Quantuma.

No Mel Morris.

No legal threats from the EFL.

No MSD.

Just nice normal Derby County being nice and normal with nice relaxing boring Paul Warne football.

(That last bit you can read as tongue-in-cheek)

1 hour ago, Mckram said:

Can anybody explain exactly what he has done? Was he taking money out of his company or elsewhere? 

Literally just taking money out of Slync in broad daylight it seems. Not even well hidden

He must have known it would catch up with him?

The bit about him "briefly running Derby" is disingenuous because we were still in administration and the only people running the club were Quantuma.

20 years is actually less than I expected him to get, particularly after the judge effectively calling him a timewaster. Now he knows how we felt.

2 hours ago, Mckram said:

Thanks. So he was basically gambling on selling the company to then probably put the money back and hope nobody ever questioned it.

It sounds like we have the FBI to thank for putting a stop to it. Without them intervening it’s likely the money would have arrived, but then likely been part of a fraud case and Derby would have been stuck in limbo. 

The really scary thing is that, it only seems crazy to us now because he didn't pull it off and he got caught. Super rich business men gamble on stuff like this all the time, and usually get away with it - because they are super rich

In a parallel universe, he managed to avoid the attention of the FBI, bought DCFC, sold slync.io to the Arabs and we'd be chanting his name every game as our saviour

I would hope the club gets their legal team on this to see if there is a case for the extortionate amount of money we paid Quantuma for what? For them to make a convicted fraudster their preferred bidder.

By them making a convicted fraudster their preferred bidder the excess time the club would've paid for when the deal went inevitably belly up.

And don't get me started on the EFL checks, when said checks in this instance seems to be "oh they have money" = Passed. The whole fit and proper checks were in place for this EXACT reason, to prevent people like this buying clubs.

6 hours ago, Retro_RAM said:

I would hope the club gets their legal team on this to see if there is a case for the extortionate amount of money we paid Quantuma for what? For them to make a convicted fraudster their preferred bidder.

By them making a convicted fraudster their preferred bidder the excess time the club would've paid for when the deal went inevitably belly up.

And don't get me started on the EFL checks, when said checks in this instance seems to be "oh they have money" = Passed. The whole fit and proper checks were in place for this EXACT reason, to prevent people like this buying clubs.

They didn’t make a convicted fraudster the preferred bidder.  At that time, he hadn’t been charged and there were no suspicions.  Even David Clowes in his RD interview last year said he’d seen the proof of funds and evidence the money was there.  He got money out of Goldman Sachs and convinced many more than Quantuma of his wealth.

I get the emotion because it’s our club, but Quantuma we’re one party in a long line that went before.

53 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

They didn’t make a convicted fraudster the preferred bidder.  At that time, he hadn’t been charged and there were no suspicions.  Even David Clowes in his RD interview last year said he’d seen the proof of funds and evidence the money was there.  He got money out of Goldman Sachs and convinced many more than Quantuma of his wealth.

I get the emotion because it’s our club, but Quantuma we’re one party in a long line that went before.

I don't disagree with you comments BUT Clowes had no legal obligation to be satisfied of Kirchner's worth etc. Quantume however, is another story. If we park due diligence and questions around fit and proper owner  and look at this purely from a money laundering perspective - And some on here, like me, will have done their anti money laundering training so will know the items that will flag up a potential problem:-

• Is this person known to you/us, an existing customer/client? No - Flag 1
  • Is the money coming from an overseas account? Yes - Flag 2
  • Is this a large sum of money? Yes - Flag 3
  • Can the individual prove the provenance of the money? No - Massive red flag with bells on it and a loudspeaker shouting 'look at me'.

Personally, with the benefit of hindsight, how could Kirchner have £55m knocking around? He hadn't sold anything, inherited anything, he didn't mention winning the lottery. As I alluded to earlier, if you're getting a mortgage the bank are going to look at where your deposit came from, if it's from 'savings', does it make sense? they're going to see copies of you bank statements and payslips etc to check affordability.

This is really basic stuff and something that would be expected of someone exchanging £55k in foreign currency, never mind £55m.