What do you collect?

BatRam

I have been collecting lord of the rings warhammer since i was kid so ive got that but ive decided i want to read these legend of batman books. Eaglemoss went under so the collection never got fully released. Goes up to issue 105 and  issues 106-116 were never released.  image.png.d2aefff224e6910a02feaac10d76e817.png

I no longer collect things but still have items from my youth. I used to collect stamps as a lad and still have the album. Some I did not even use a 'hinge' and put them inside a mini plastic 'wallet' before mounting in the album keeping them mint. Weetabix did a series of Dr Who characters. Some of the larger packets contained backgrounds of which you could setup your own adventures.  I still have my airfix collection of various models in a box. Most broken but happy memories so won't get rid. Also the usual football stickers. One from my youth was missing 5 stickers....completed thanks to ebay after over 40 years!

15 minutes ago, TimRam said:

I no longer collect things but still have items from my youth. I used to collect stamps as a lad and still have the album. Some I did not even use a 'hinge' and put them inside a mini plastic 'wallet' before mounting in the album keeping them mint. Weetabix did a series of Dr Who characters. Some of the larger packets contained backgrounds of which you could setup your own adventures.  I still have my airfix collection of various models in a box. Most broken but happy memories so won't get rid. Also the usual football stickers. One from my youth was missing 5 stickers....completed thanks to ebay after over 40 years!

unfortunately iv never completed anything. my dad has recently got back into painting airfix planes and tanks from ww1 and ww2. Very interesting stuff especially when he gets talking about ww2 stuff 

13 minutes ago, BatRam said:

unfortunately iv never completed anything. my dad has recently got back into painting airfix planes and tanks from ww1 and ww2. Very interesting stuff especially when he gets talking about ww2 stuff 

I recently built one for the 'man cave'. No room for any more though!

On 19/03/2024 at 07:28, BatRam said:

I have been collecting lord of the rings warhammer since i was kid so ive got that but ive decided i want to read these legend of batman books. Eaglemoss went under so the collection never got fully released. Goes up to issue 105 and  issues 106-116 were never released.  image.png.d2aefff224e6910a02feaac10d76e817.png

Ulez charges at £12.50 a day 🤷🏻‍♂️

9 hours ago, Archied said:

Ulez charges at £12.50 a day 🤷🏻‍♂️

Geez, just get an electric van already. Or two. Or use public transport!

(I'm sure they could have implemented ulez much better/fairer btw, even if I agree with the general idea. Luckily, I managed to find a sneaky parking place just outside the zone when I go to work. I don't work there, but laughable that Harefield is in ulez, it's like a remote countryside village, and with no trains!)

12 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Geez, just get an electric van already. Or two. Or use public transport!

(I'm sure they could have implemented ulez much better/fairer btw, even if I agree with the general idea. Luckily, I managed to find a sneaky parking place just outside the zone when I go to work. I don't work there, but laughable that Harefield is in ulez, it's like a remote countryside village, and with no trains!)

I’m 63 and not really financially in position to spend 40 to 50 k on an electric van to replace a very good well serviced van that’s only done 28 k ( not gonna be working many more years so why work just to pay for a van ) miles and bought on government steer to buy diesel ,

as a roofer the tools and materials I transport ain’t going on a bus or a train , more laughable is the nice little loop that gets chessington world of adventure into the zone ,

theft plain and simple but hey ordinary folk are getting robbed pillar to post these days 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Archied

4 minutes ago, Archied said:

I’m 63 and not really financially in position to spend 40 to 50 k on an electric van to replace a very good well serviced van that’s only done 28 k ( not gonna be working many more years so why work just to pay for a van ) miles and bought on government steer to buy diesel ,

as a roofer the tools and materials I transport ain’t going on a bus or a train , more laughable is the nice little loop that gets chessington world of adventure into the zone ,

theft plain and simple but hey ordinary folk are getting robbed pillar to post these days 🤷🏻‍♂️

I know, was just joking about buying an electric one. Or 2. Likewise the tube.

I think I was the person who "exposed" the Chessington joke on here.

Bigger joke is getting diesel as we were originally told it was better for the environment.

9 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

I know, was just joking about buying an electric one. Or 2. Likewise the tube.

I think I was the person who "exposed" the Chessington joke on here.

Bigger joke is getting diesel as we were originally told it was better for the environment.

👍, I’ve kind of got less angry about it now because ,,, well what’s the point , we getting the ass ripped out of us every which way you turn , there’s not a place to put a cross on a ballot paper that’s got any idea about or interest in representing ordinary working folk as far as I can see ( not party political) ,

sod it , it’s up to the young to figure it out and do something , I feel sorry for them because we are going backwards in my view and they’re world and freedoms are shrinking by the day and we never move an inch towards being a species that can live in peace without constantly killing each other 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Archied

1 hour ago, Archied said:

👍, I’ve kind of got less angry about it now because ,,, well what’s the point , we getting the ass ripped out of us every which way you turn , there’s not a place to put a cross on a ballot paper that’s got any idea about or interest in representing ordinary working folk as far as I can see ( not party political) ,

sod it , it’s up to the young to figure it out and do something , I feel sorry for them because we are going backwards in my view and they’re world and freedoms are shrinking by the day and we never move an inch towards being a species that can live in peace without constantly killing each other 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just done some quick sums , at £12.50 a day 5 days a week it would take me in the region of 15 years to recover the cost of ulez tax by buying a new electric van , jeez I will be happy if I live that long 😂

2 minutes ago, Archied said:

Just done some quick sums , at £12.50 a day 5 days a week it would take me in the region of 15 years to recover the cost of ulez tax by buying a new electric van , jeez I will be happy if I live that long 😂

Surely you don't need an electric van to avoid ULEZ charges?

Just a diesel van from 2016 onwards or a petrol one from 2006?