Match Thread: vs Northampton Town (a)

1 minute ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Its a disgrace, it didnt work all game and what does warne do f all! None of them should be paid they have let the whole club down! If we go up warne will bring us back down with the lowest points of the championship 

He made changes, bad ones, he got it wrong. The players were abject. What more do you want me to say? No amount of moaning about it online will change it.

If it helps people feel better getting their thoughts about Warne off their chests then carry on. I’ve long since accepted he’s here and has his limitations, IF we go up I’ll worry about the championship then. IF we go up and Warne can’t get the team winning games he’ll be sacked and that’ll be that, next one up gets the chance to do better and we go again. 

4 minutes ago, S8TY said:

He played two fantastic crosses that you expect someone to be on the end of it wasn’t like the box was empty 

No there were their defenders who he found, and their keeper! 😄

5 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Absolute load of crap one of the worst games of football I’ve seen 

Northampton are crap so that says it all 

why take off Adams ? and NML ? Unless they’re injured it’s a strange decision 

if anyone thought this league wasn’t of a poor standard this season that game sums it up a team in the top 2 and a team going nowhere in L1 …it was such a poor standard of football …any really good side would piss this league 

Nail on the head. Pompey are pissing this league and they are nothing special. We've barely improved if at all from last season just in a weaker league. If the players and manager can't get out of this league they can all do one when the contracts expire if not before. 

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

What a surprise. We bottled it. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME

f*** off Derby. Absolute disgrace of a of performance.

We haven't bottled anything. Our points per game is still better than 22 other sides in our league, the three sides behind us all have to win their games in hand to get to within 1 result of us.

We can probably forget about Portsmouth now, but I don't really care whether we finish 1st or 2nd.

It's a massive missed opportunity, but it's still in our hands. The constant negativity gets really tiresome sometimes.

1 minute ago, StaffsRam said:

It wouldn't be half as bad if it wasn't so utterly predictable. Open up a 7-point gap to 3rd? f*** that, let's phone it in and keep things interesting instead. Every f****** time. 

Mentally weak, and tactically clueless is not a great combination.

Sums up the warne era

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No there were their defenders who he found, and their keeper! 😄

He whipped in two terrific crosses …end of …no one got on the end of them …that’s it ..you’re talking nonsense 

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Ah I see. Just Warne's fault again?

He does set the team out and give them instructions - we did have a lot of reserves playing but so did Northampton 

Why do we always need to change shape because it isn’t working no matter who is selected - the Northampton players wanted to win more with in my opinion poorer players available 

12 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

No way we can blame a ref for that. Warne got it all wrong and the players compounded the issue by turning in a performance bordering on gross misconduct.

So it wasn't a foul just before they scored? I must have been watching a different game. My apologies 

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

We haven't bottled anything. Our points per game is still better than 22 other sides in our league, the three sides behind us all have to win their games in hand to get to within 1 result of us.

We can probably forget about Portsmouth now, but I don't really care whether we finish 1st or 2nd.

It's a massive missed opportunity, but it's still in our hands. The constant negativity gets really tiresome sometimes.

Well said 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻