Down to third

MickD

A draw is a good result for us, many a twist and turn yet to come before the end of the season.

10 games left i think a bare minimum is to get 20 points from these games would give us 89 points in total,this may just be enough but it does show how tough this is going to be,sorry to say if its the playoffs for us i just cant see us doing it

16 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

At no point tonight were they cruising. Bolton much the better team. Barnsley didn't impress in the slightest when we played them the other week and tonight has done nothing to change that. 

I didn't watch the game, but the match stats when Barnsley went 2 up were pretty one sided.

I agree regarding that they're nothing special, but they've been having the luck this season and sometimes lady luck is an important factor in a close run thing.

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

I didn't watch the game, but the match stats when Barnsley went 2 up were pretty one sided.

I agree regarding that they're nothing special, but they've been having the luck this season and sometimes lady luck is an important factor in a close run thing.

Let’s hope that having had her charms for some time already her contract with Barnsley has run its course and she moves on elsewhere. About 35 miles south would be good!

Watching the game last night, Barnsley looked decent and Bolton completely terrified for the first 45 minutes. Bolton then came out swinging and were phenomenal in the second half - a performance reminiscent of Ipswich last season where they were able to take over the game. 

Ultimately, you can see why both teams are roughly in line with ourselves, who are largely uninspiring, so I genuinely think it’s very much up in the air. Bolton are definitely the best team out of us three, so my money would be on them, but soft underbelly based on last night’s viewing. 

8 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Watching the game last night, Barnsley looked decent and Bolton completely terrified for the first 45 minutes. Bolton then came out swinging and were phenomenal in the second half - a performance reminiscent of Ipswich last season where they were able to take over the game. 

Ultimately, you can see why both teams are roughly in line with ourselves, who are largely uninspiring, so I genuinely think it’s very much up in the air. Bolton are definitely the best team out of us three, so my money would be on them, but soft underbelly based on last night’s viewing. 

The opposition coming out swinging in the second half? Sounds familiar and doesn’t bode well for when we play them.

1 hour ago, Kathcairns said:

We cant keep saying if they win their game in hand. There is more games to go besides that.

They may not. They might lose at the weekend and we win.  Based on current position I just think a Bolton win would have been preferable with us to play them.

23 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

They may not. They might lose at the weekend and we win.  Based on current position I just think a Bolton win would have been preferable with us to play them.

It’s not just what happens this weekend. There are seven rounds of games before Barnsley play their game in hand.

12 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

It’s not just what happens this weekend. There are seven rounds of games before Barnsley play their game in hand.

In my view a Bolton win was better as it stands as we still need to play them.  The amount of comments I've made to justify my viewpoint I may be making them till they've played that game in hand.  As it stands a Bolton win was better with us still to play them. I won't be changing my mind but future games may make it moot.  

21 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I don't see how tonight can be viewed as anything other than the best outcome.

Any other outcome could have ended with one team 3 points ahead of us.

No, a Barnsley win puts them both level with us, and worse goal differences.