Independent Directors on Supporters' Board at DCFC

angieram

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Wrong. Clowes is a supporter and will be on the DCFC Board 😉 

I'm sure many have chosen not to read the infomation provided by the club, but the headlines are:

• The initial view is to meet quarterly with the DCFC Board but I imagine the regularity could be adjusted in the future.
  • The SB will have the power to veto against key changes - colours, badge, stadium, league, etc...
  • They will mainly discuss accounts, diversity, sponsorship values, and corporate values.

Leave the club colours, badge, stadium alone. Don’t be signing up to any Super League.

Avoid those sponsorships from betting companies from the far east that don’t even appear to be trading.

Sorted.

Sounds like it could be an interesting role actually. Not easy to represent the entire fan base though, given the age and attitude differences across the spectrum of supporters. That said the remit is pretty clear enough, protecting the club from the sort of activities seen across numerous football clubs, such as rebranding, team colours, stadium sales to dubious concerns, sponsorships from companies that do not align with club values etc.

So such items have to be approved by the SB. Good idea I think.

21 hours ago, David said:

Leave the club colours, badge, stadium alone. Don’t be signing up to any Super League.

Avoid those sponsorships from betting companies from the far east that don’t even appear to be trading.

Sorted.

Joking aside, it does feel like under Clowes, we are essentially "fan-owned" anyway, so this role seems like a token gesture from him. I don't believe he'd consider any of those things for a second

The irony is that we'd need this role if we were owned by some overseas billionaire, but they would never allow a supporter on the board!

I think there are better ways to make the fans believe their voices are heard. 

On a related point, it’d be interesting if DC were to devise a scheme for transfer of 49% of the club to supporters who want to invest. Would be complicated but now’s the time to do it (rather than when the club is in crisis)

2 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

On a related point, it’d be interesting if DC were to devise a scheme for transfer of 49% of the club to supporters who want to invest. Would be complicated but now’s the time to do it (rather than when the club is in crisis)

And cheap before we get to the Prem👀

One thing they can do it tell the club to calm down with the stewards in the South Stand.  Went for a gypsies at HT and was told rather than return along the front of the stand I'm meant to climb and descend a set of stairs.   I know it's a small thing but I'm a paying customer I'm going to walk the quickest easiest way to my seat and I don't need about 100 stewards lined up in front of the stand to stop me running onto the pitch either.   

4 hours ago, trappatoni said:

One thing they can do it tell the club to calm down with the stewards in the South Stand.  Went for a gypsies at HT and was told rather than return along the front of the stand I'm meant to climb and descend a set of stairs.   I know it's a small thing but I'm a paying customer I'm going to walk the quickest easiest way to my seat and I don't need about 100 stewards lined up in front of the stand to stop me running onto the pitch either.   

Not sure you have quite grapsed what the role entails. 

On 01/03/2024 at 14:02, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Already on it!

You could be there to act a warning against fans having too much say in how the club is run, perhaps with a weekly column in the programme where you talk tactics and formations.

10 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

I'm pretty astounded that they didn't come straight to you and ask you to do the job. Actually, they are probably better off getting you in at a higher level to oversee everything.

On 01/03/2024 at 12:58, Waghorny said:

Box ticking exercise, sort the actual board out first and then worry about this.

At the moment, the 'actual' board is made up of Stephen Pearce, and David Clowes - get someone with the footballing knowledge on it, please....

We all know Clowes is only interested in box ticking. The only reason he saved the club from destruction was to get those boxes ticked.

In other news, your post seems to about 100% incorrect.

15 hours ago, Gritstone Ram said:

What exactly would these people be doing?

Priority needs to be ensuring all fans read all threads and posts in the Derby County section of the dcfcfans forum, before being allowed to buy match tickets and/or gaining entry into the ground.   Cricket andshit not so much.

On 02/03/2024 at 20:28, trappatoni said:

Perhaps they were worried about you 'dribbling' on the pitch on the way back in case it damaged the grass? 😉