Independent Directors on Supporters' Board at DCFC

angieram

15 hours ago, David said:

Just to be clear, and to avoid any more nominations sarcastic or not. I have absolutely no interest in the role.

None whatsoever. Zero. Zilch. 

Whoever takes it on, good luck, be prepared for all kinds of abuse and repeatedly told “you don’t represent me”.

I’ll just stay over here in this little corner of the internet and keep this place online for you all. I’m happy doing that.

14 hours ago, David said:

Ha, it was a face of I’d rather massage my dangly bits with nettles every morning than take that on.

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

Elite level plate-spinner required. Must be able to simultaneously herd hangry cats whilst also always displaying the patience of Mother Theresa and the diplomatic skills of Kofi Annan. A penchant for being regularly abused by perfect strangers a definite asset.

Remuneration package to include tea, sausage cobs and copious thanks from above.

The responsibilities if the Supporters Board includes:

... the overall responsibilities of the SB is  

• To represent the views of the group and wider fan base while balancing these against financial and practical realities. 

The Code of Conduct for individuals includes the following duties:

6. Raise urgent fan issues, feedback or complaints.

7. Acting as a representative and as the main point of contact for supporters to raise issues or concerns directly with fellow SB members, and as such agree to providing a public facing email address

8. Provide feedback to represented groups following meetings. 

9 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Reckon @Tamworthram fits the bill for this. I might be wrong but think they have mentioned about having this sort of experience too.

Very kind of you to think of me.

I’m a trustee on two charity boards, one of which is Citizens Advice, and this does quite interest me. I do wonder though if it should be someone more local? Tamworth isn’t that far but a Derby based supporter might be more appropriate 🤷🏻

I reckon that if an applicant for the Supporters Board said that they have wide approval from this forum, then it might be seen positively during the application process.

I think it would be great if a well-respected poster ended up on the Supporters Board because it would be a brilliant channel between a significant group of fans and the club.

8 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I’m a trustee on two charity boards, one of which is Citizens Advice, and this does quite interest me. I do wonder though if it should be someone more local? Tamworth isn’t that far but a Derby based supporter might be more appropriate 🤷🏻

Getting the right person is far more important than where they live. If you're willing to travel to meetings, and engage with the board, then go for it.

Someone has already proposed you, so you should strongly consider it.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Ah good, I hadn't just dreamt it. Don't think location is a big issue, unless logistically it gets full on m, ie regular in-person meetings, striker pulls a hammy in warm up and you are needed on bench etc

Boo ! Boo ! I didn't vote for you, you don't speak for me ! Boo!!! BOOOO!!! You're just in it for yourself. You can't possibly be doing it for the right reasons so I reserve the right to respond with irrational foaming-at-the-mouth negativity and vitriol regardless of who applies and what they plan to do.... er... BOOO!!! Down with this sort of thing !

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I wouldn't have thought location would be an issue & argument for saying Derby fans outside the local bubble might be an advantage in some ways (different perspective as an expat, knowing how their respective local clubs are run & positive ideas/insight they could bring to a discussion). In this day & age with Teams/Zoom, am sure meetings could be conducted as a hybrid of remote/in person anyway. Sounds like you definitely have the gravitas to operate at that level, hope you go for one of the positions 👍

2 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

Elite level plate-spinner required. Must be able to simultaneously herd hangry cats whilst also always displaying the patience of Mother Theresa and the diplomatic skills of Kofi Annan. A penchant for being regularly abused by perfect strangers a definite asset.

Remuneration package to include tea, sausage cobs and copious thanks from above.

31 minutes ago, Alty_Ram said:

Boo ! Boo ! I didn't vote for you, you don't speak for me ! Boo!!! BOOOO!!! You're just in it for yourself. You can't possibly be doing it for the right reasons so I reserve the right to respond with irrational foaming-at-the-mouth negativity and vitriol regardless of who applies and what they plan to do.... er... BOOO!!! Down with this sort of thing !

Genuinely don't think this role would generate the type of social media moaning you've seen whenever supporter groups put out tweets. This role wouldn't be a social media mouthpiece for the fans or the club - its about providing quality advice, asking reasonable questions on behalf of fans (via the public facing email address) & suspect most conversations will be below the radar (element regarding finances would obviously have to be confidential for example)

Edited by LeedsCityRam

2 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

I wouldn't have thought location would be an issue & argument for saying Derby fans outside the local bubble might be an advantage in some ways (different perspective as an expat, knowing how their respective local clubs are run & positive ideas/insight they could bring to a discussion). In this day & age with Teams/Zoom, am sure meetings could be conducted as a hybrid of remote/in person anyway. Sounds like you definitely have the gravitas to operate at that level, hope you go for one of the positions 👍

Genuinely don't think this role would generate the type of social media moaning you've seen whenever supporter groups put out tweets. This role wouldn't be a mouthpiece for the fans or the club - its about providing quality advice & suspect most conversations will be below the radar (element regarding finances would obviously have to be confidential for example)

Quit with the calm analysis and reflection nonsense LCR, it's time to massively over-react and have a complete meltdown about sinister forces, a power grab and a grand plan that 'they' have been building up to, and/or a lone wolf power grab by a single evil genius. Not sure which of those it is yet but its bound to be really bad and the important thing is to lose your s*** and shoot the plan down before it's even got off the ground. Now get with the programme! 😉

2 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Genuinely don't think this role would generate the type of social media moaning you've seen whenever supporter groups put out tweets. This role wouldn't be a mouthpiece for the fans or the club - its about providing quality advice & suspect most conversations will be below the radar (element regarding finances would obviously have to be confidential for example)

My post wasn't intended to be taken seriously buddy so I think I'd best leave this for the adults to discuss 😋 

17 hours ago, David said:

Ha, it was a face of I’d rather massage my dangly bits with nettles every morning than take that on.

DCFCFans is not your personal erotica site....

Oh, wait. It is.

Box ticking exercise, sort the actual board out first and then worry about this.

At the moment, the 'actual' board is made up of Stephen Pearce, and David Clowes - get someone with the footballing knowledge on it, please....

3 minutes ago, Waghorny said:

Box ticking exercise, sort the actual board out first and then worry about this.

At the moment, the 'actual' board is made up of Stephen Pearce, and David Clowes - get someone with the footballing knowledge on it, please....

Stephen Pearce is not on the Board. Richard Tavernor is the second Board member alongside David Clowes.

I agree that the Board needs to be strengthened and we asked about this at the last SCG. We are told this is ongoing and the Club want to get it right, which is why it is taking time. 

Ironically, one of the things the Supporters' Board will be well-placed to ask about is exactly this. 

Just now, angieram said:

Stephen Pearce is not on the Board. Richard Tavernor is the second Board member alongside David Clowes.

I agree that the Board needs to be strengthened and we asked about this at the last SCG. We are told this is ongoing and the Club want to get it right, which is why it is taking time. 

Ironically, one of the things the Supporters' Board will be well-placed to ask about is exactly this. 

Sorry used the 'actual' as opposed to Board of Directors to highlight those at the top making decisions, it's the Stephen Pearce show at the minute, we don't, by the looks of it, have anyone with the footballing knowledge to turn to, as most footballing boards of directors would.

As far as i'm aware, Richard Tavernor is the finance director for Clowes, so not a footballing man,

We shouldn't need a supporter on the board to ask these questions, they should be being asked by the media, and the current supporters groups - if they're not getting an answer, why would this position change it? 

6 minutes ago, Waghorny said:

Sorry used the 'actual' as opposed to Board of Directors to highlight those at the top making decisions, it's the Stephen Pearce show at the minute, we don't, by the looks of it, have anyone with the footballing knowledge to turn to, as most footballing boards of directors would.

As far as i'm aware, Richard Tavernor is the finance director for Clowes, so not a footballing man,

We shouldn't need a supporter on the board to ask these questions, they should be being asked by the media, and the current supporters groups - if they're not getting an answer, why would this position change it? 

There won't be a supporter on the DCFC Board,  there will be an independent supporters' board, who will meet regularly with the DCFC Board to ask such questions. I think a lot of people misunderstand this, so happy to clarify. 

The Supporters' Groups, as part of the Supporters Charter Group, meet mainly with staff, although I understand David Clowes often attends those meetings as well. 

Once the Independent Regulator is in place, this Supporters' Board will have an independent route to the regulator if there is a major concern. 

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

There won't be a supporter on the DCFC Board,  there will be an independent supporters' board, who will meet regularly with the DCFC Board to ask such questions. I think a lot of people misunderstand this, so happy to clarify. 

The Supporters' Groups, as part of the Supporters Charter Group, meet mainly with staff, although I understand David Clowes often attends those meetings as well. 

Once the Independent Regulator is in place, this Supporters' Board will have an independent route to the regulator if there is a major concern. 

Wrong. Clowes is a supporter and will be on the DCFC Board 😉 

I'm sure many have chosen not to read the infomation provided by the club, but the headlines are:

• The initial view is to meet quarterly with the DCFC Board but I imagine the regularity could be adjusted in the future.
  • The SB will have the power to veto against key changes - colours, badge, stadium, league, etc...
  • They will mainly discuss accounts, diversity, sponsorship values, and corporate values.