Independent Directors on Supporters' Board at DCFC

angieram

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I think there are several posters on this Message Board who could do a really good job on there. 

I hope you're considering applying.

There is one point that needs to be clarified before I would even consider applying.

Are Tea and Chocolate Hobnobs  provided free at the meetings. Best get the important issues out in the open at the earliest opportunity👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

34 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Brilliant!

@David, You're in.

Congratulations.  

Just to be clear, and to avoid any more nominations sarcastic or not. I have absolutely no interest in the role.

None whatsoever. Zero. Zilch. 

Whoever takes it on, good luck, be prepared for all kinds of abuse and repeatedly told “you don’t represent me”.

I’ll just stay over here in this little corner of the internet and keep this place online for you all. I’m happy doing that.

23 minutes ago, David said:

Just to be clear, and to avoid any more nominations sarcastic or not. I have absolutely no interest in the role.

Whoever takes it on, good luck, be prepared for all kinds of abuse and repeatedly told “you don’t represent me”.

I’ll just stay over here in this little corner of the internet and keep this place online for you all. I’m happy doing that.

In all seriousness I guessed that would be the case mate, hence my little jape

… but I still would have liked to have seen the look on your face though, when I tagged you in! 😉🤣👍

28 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

In all seriousness I guessed that would be the case mate, hence my little jape

… but I still would have liked to have seen the look on your face though, when I tagged you in! 😉🤣👍

Ha, it was a face of I’d rather massage my dangly bits with nettles every morning than take that on.

56 minutes ago, David said:

Totally understand where you're coming from, David. 

It's sad that the people most reluctant to take on these roles are often the ones who'd do them very well. 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Totally understand where you're coming from, David. 

It's sad that the people most reluctant to take on these roles are often the ones who'd do them very well. 

There are no pros, just plenty of cons in my view anyway.

Having been there in what appears to be a similar role, it’s a thankless task.

Can I ask though, what exactly is the difference between being on the supporters board and the supporters charter group?

If it’s simply someone that’s independent from a fan group, how do they gauge the views from the wider fanbase? 

14 minutes ago, David said:

Can I ask though, what exactly is the difference between being on the supporters board and the supporters charter group?

If it’s simply someone that’s independent from a fan group, how do they gauge the views from the wider fanbase? 

Yes, it's less about who is on it, more about a split in what is discussed.

The focus of SCG will continue to be on matchday issues, Pride Park, ticketing, heritage etc.

The SB will be about governance, strategy and core values, finance, and those issues identified in the Government White Paper, such as club colours, ground sale/ location club crest  etc.

There is more likely to be information that can't be shared immediately at SB than at SCG, due to commercial confidentiality. BUT, the Club wishes to share everything with time-lapse. 

Having fulfilled a similar role for many years in a health setting, I'd say it is the less glamorous role of the two, it's more of a watching brief, critical friend type role. Hopefully it could meet for years but never have anything of concern that it needs to act on. 

Whereas SCG will be about immediate issues of relevance to the day to day support.

Just to clarify,  there will be both individuals and organised groups on both SB and SCG, just as there are now on SCG.

I think it's a good question on gauging views, as it also is for the current SCG. 

That's much easier for groups with a defined membership than it is for individuals. I would like to think that will be an early topic for discussion when it is set up. 

I am no expert on this stuff, btw, but I have read the documents drawn up by the SCG members who have worked on this. They are linked on the advert, and are definitely worth a read. 

2 hours ago, David said:

Just to clarify, its not a similiar role to that of a comventional fan representative. Its about individuals bringing their work/life expertise to the Board & applying scrutiny to the running of the club - primarily the finances but also the values & strategic direction of the club. The independent members of the Board won't necessarily be casting for public opinion nor would I think they'd have much of a public profile. They will be working with the club and given the club's enthusiasm for this model, it could lead to some great opportunities to shape the club's direction with well positioned external advice.

As @angieram rightly says, there are some posters who would clearly add value to the roles. A cursory read of the admin thread & the detail that certain individuals went into evidences this. I'd urge anyone who has an interest in the governance & strategic direction of the club to apply.

Edited by LeedsCityRam

6 hours ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

There is one point that needs to be clarified before I would even consider applying.

Are Tea and Chocolate Hobnobs  provided free at the meetings. Best get the important issues out in the open at the earliest opportunity👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Well you wont be allowed coffee from PW's machine so hope so

42 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Just to clarify, its not a similiar role to that of a comventional fan representative. Its about individuals bringing their work/life expertise to the Board & applying scrutiny to the running of the club - primarily the finances but also the values & strategic direction of the club. The independent members of the Board won't necessarily be casting for public opinion nor would I think they'd have much of a public profile. They will be working with the club and given the club's enthusiasm for this model, it could lead to some great opportunities to shape the club's direction with well positioned external advice.

As @angieram rightly says, there are some posters who would clearly add value to the roles. A cursory read of the admin thread & the detail that certain individuals went into evidences this. I'd urge anyone who has an interest in the governance & strategic direction of the club to apply.

Reckon @Tamworthram fits the bill for this. I might be wrong but think they have mentioned about having this sort of experience too.