v Charlton Athletic (H) Match Day Thread

Kernow

Just now, Rampant said:

I'm not sure what the answer is tbh. The midfield of Adams, Bird and Smith was fine imo and much better with Hourihane. And yet we still don't create much if NML is off form. 

Same, not sure on the answer either but we're not paid to find an answer, Warne is.

But sadly he's sat right next to us in this boat.

2 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Kane wilson can’t be used as a winger, he’s got great feet and agility but he simply hasn’t got the killer instinct in the final third.

Adams and Wildsmith individual mistakes from two players who have been good for Derby nearly every time they play for Derby. On the weekend we have to play 4-3-3 and hope Elder is back to play left back or id even put Sibley back there. We need to go back to having attack minded players all over the pitch. 

But he constantly stops when he's beat a player and that's once he's beat him twice.  

4 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Couldn’t go tonight and can’t go on Saturday and honestly I’m not bothered. 

Couldn’t dream of feeling like this even when things were crap under Cocu and Rooney. 

We are not getting the best out of this group of players. 

Under Rooney? When we beat teams such as Bournemouth Fulham and Sheffield United..all now Premier League sides? This is far worse!

4 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

I actually can't believe we would only have 1 shot on goal at home against one of the worst in the league in over 100 minutes of football , absolute disgrace to the club and crest 

Oh believe it mate, absolutely devoid of ideas and confidence. And for me the fault lies with the manager. It’s unacceptable with this squad of players 

Only a fool would sack PW now, DC is no fool so unless PW walks he's here until the seasons end, Charlton not won for 20+ games, Nathan Jones has had an effect, Not the same effect PW has had on us, It's not a good look losing to Charlton, The manager takes the plaudits when we went on a good run...now he's in the firing line...and rightly so.

This division is shyte we all know that, I look at Sonny Bradley and see that PW is determined to find a place for him, We're more suited to a back 4, So that would leave Bradley out of the team, PW has to hold his hand up again and say "I got it wrong again" but he wont.

I don't see automatics now, Chelsea were slated by Gary Neville as "billion pound bottle jobs" you have to have the bottle to lose it, I never thought we had it in the 1st place...excluding Adams.

Some very angry posters on here tonight...and I understand why 👍 

I don’t care about individual errors as they happen in football and Ebou is worth his weight in gold ….let’s talk about how many saves the Charlton keeper had to make ….Gayle looks class to me but we must be more creative 

Can’t play 5 at the back with Nyambe as the right wing back. We literally had Gayle, NML and Bird who offered a goal threat in the starting line up. 

For Warne getting it right against Stevenage he’s got it very wrong the last 2.

The chances of Clowes sacking Warne with the team 3rd and less than a quarter of the season left, are almost zero. 

Does anybody remember a club doing something like that?

If it helps people vent to call for it, then fair enough. But Clowes would look like an idiot to the rest of the footballing world irrespective of whether if it's the right long term decision. The optics would be terrible for the club and owners do usually care about that kind of thing. 

I doubt we miss the play offs, but like others, I doubt we can hold it together for 3 playoff games. 

Just now, Patrick Rams said:

Under Rooney? When we beat teams such as Bournemouth Fulham and Sheffield United..all now Premier League sides? This is far worse!

Under Rooney when we went about 15 games without a win before that draw against Wednesday kept us up. The relegation season was way better as you say!