New Kit supplier

SECornerRAM

9 hours ago, SKRam said:

Please please NOT Under Armour (massive supporters of hunting especially in USA) or Adidas who continue to use kangaroo skin for their boots while all other major suppliers have agreed to stop 

Is there any difference between using Kangaroo skin or Cow skin if they have been bred for farming, the meat is in the food chain, are you advocating it be wasted? Surely utilising as much as possible from farmed animals is better than wasting it. I genuinely didn't know they used that product and what the issue is with it, I am making the assumption that they are farmed in my ignorance by the way.

Realistically, for sports, we aren't going to change to plant based footwear are we, (again I haven't done any research on viable alternatives) and plastic based is a bigger no no.

Ok, Read up on the kangaroo thing a bit, they are harvested rather than farmed, from the 50 million population and say that research has shown it hasn't adversely affected the population,  only certain abundant breeds are allowed to be used, and are a by product of the meat industry, claiming this is a more sustainable means than other industries. 

But, the animal rights concerns are over mothers being killed and leaving Joeys to die, which is obviously unacceptable. So, if this is happening then more controls need to be established but not necessarily stopping it all together. After all, most of the big businesses use sweatshop labour to manufacture the kits in any case, throughout all walks of life there will be unethical practices the vast majority choose to ignore.

Finally, as a side note, players choose their own boots and they aren't part of a kit deal so surely, if concerned, that's where the focus should be......

I think it will be Puma. I’m just praying for something bespoke rather than a template. Looking at some of the lower league puma kits, I highly doubt we will get one though. (I know Barnsley’s is unique but its horrific) 

New Chesterfield kits are Puma, can see similar templates throughout the EFL id imagine

IMG_5737.jpeg

I think whether a Club gets a generic kit or a bespoke one is more to do with the size of their fanbase than where they are in the Leagues. 

We will be able to demonstrate fairly impressive sales figures to any potential new supplier, enough to incorporate our own  ideas.

11 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Too many coincidences here. PUMA spelt out in newspaper headlines? A day after the announcement of the Umbro deal finishing?

If this means we're getting something inspired by this kit, I'm gonna explode.

They've even used the old Puma font to highlight this. Announcement on the way I'd expect.

As someone who works within marketing/design in the sports industry I can say that Puma are doing good things in the football world right now and are putting a lot of their budget into this part of their business.

On the flipside I read someone asking for Castore... you should probably ask fans of Villa, Newcastle, Wolves and Rangers how they rate the quality of those kits (and maybe the opinions of some of the players too). They've come from nowhere, managed to get some big investment early on, but don't really have the know how to back anything up. They don't do anything innovative, just try and copy other companies on a smaller budget. They also recently bought Umbro, which would mean with our Umbro deal ending, it's even more unlikely we'll go with Castore.

Adidas, Nike etc. obviously make good stuff, but concentrate on their bigger teams. They wouldn't do anything special for us in our current position.

9 minutes ago, angieram said:

I think whether a Club gets a generic kit or a bespoke one is more to do with the size of their fanbase than where they are in the Leagues. 

We will be able to demonstrate fairly impressive sales figures to any potential new supplier, enough to incorporate our own  ideas.

Puma have usually been quite good with doing bespoke kits for clubs even at our current level. Plymouth had some decent kits, Leicester (before the Adidas days) had some good Puma stuff too and recently they've done some bespoke for Stockport, Blackpool and even Boreham Wood.

15 hours ago, SKRam said:

Please please NOT Under Armour (massive supporters of hunting especially in USA)

What's this about mate? Genuine question. I buy their training gear as it's really good quality, being the reason I ask.

6 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

What's this about mate? Genuine question. I buy their training gear as it's really good quality, being the reason I ask.

Kevin Plank has done a hell of a lot of good in Baltimore and surrounding areas.

2 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Now I'm even more confused... 

I think Under Armour do make some gear/apparel for hunting. But read up on the guy, make your own mind up. He seemed to have a brief flirtation with Trump which he quickly distanced himself from, but his community work has been really good.

I might be biased as Baltimore Ravens fan with him being from the area and doing a lot of work with the team (their training ground is called the Under Armour Performance Centre, for example).

25 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Not sure if you’ve noticed but that’s  a Spurs kit mate

The last team to win a league title with white shirts and blue shirts was… 

😍