Paul Warne

Day

18 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

That assumes I buy in to the idea that there are Derby fans that actually want us to lose games.

I don't.

You must be new here. There are people on this forum whose entire identity is despising Warne and wanting him gone. They won’t be happy until they force him out, and any victory is a setback for their agenda. They are toxic, but they don’t care. They are just blinded by their utter hatred towards one of our most successful managers ever.

Edited by DB83

5 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Very true but the bulk of that was against L1 opposition. Today is the level we need to be at to compete well in the Championship and my main concern was finding higher gears this season, because we'll need them.

If this is the direction of travel then all of the negativity will vanish pretty quickly I'd imagine!

Yes, it's pathetic we only beat league 1 opposition last season. Disgraceful really. Now you mention it, I think I'll ask for a season ticket refund......

And some people wonder why the Warne haters are getting it in the neck today...

16 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Yes, it's pathetic we only beat league 1 opposition last season. Disgraceful really. Now you mention it, I think I'll ask for a season ticket refund......

And some people wonder why the Warne haters are getting it in the neck today...

Oh get over it. 

It's is not unreasonable to question if L1 tactics will work in the Championship.

What we saw today was levels above anything we saw last season, and that is what we will need to produce on a regular basis this season to stay up. If Warne can maintain these standards then great, if he can't then we are bang in trouble. I have no idea why that seems like such a controversial take.

13 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Oh get over it. 

It's is not unreasonable to question if L1 tactics will work in the Championship.

What we saw today was levels above anything we saw last season, and that is what we will need to produce on a regular basis this season to stay up. If Warne can maintain these standards then great, if he can't then we are bang in trouble. I have no idea why that seems like such a controversial take.

Yeah, that's the trouble - you can't see it. You think the s*** that's been posted on here both this season and last is just reasonable comment, but the absolute bile that's come from some posters is unheard of in the circles I move in. Anyone spouting it would be given short shrift. It crosses the line between fair criticism and personal abuse all too often. That's what Ed Dawes was getting at, and he was absolutely right.

Every fan surely wants the club to do well, the disagreements are about how to achieve that aim.

However, I suspect some would pay for an argument consisting of something more than just no it isn't.

Others enjoy gloating, hey we all have our hobbies.

Edited by ramit
wording

6 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Please name them for me.

Sure, here's a fellow that got annoyed when we equalised in a game some time ago and all the people that applauded that suggestion.

I suppose it's possible some of them.might have slunk off into the abyss since promotion.

Screenshot_20240901_071045_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240901_071408_Chrome.jpg

Edited by The Running Man

I’m fascinated by how the game unfolded, the tactical and psychological elements both

That first 20. .. solid at the back, but Bristol up for it. Ozoh too deep, getting in the way of Cash and Ebou. Us giving Bristol just a bit too much respect. Sort of early doors nerves. We still created a chance or two (Kenzo so deft and neat, ) but there was a hint that it might be Boro again and backs to the wall. … THEN the goal

it was sort of like using the windscreen wipers and cleared a smear in our vision. We relaxed and started to play and match them. We started to realise .. we are as good as them, maybe better. Then HT .. Ozoh 10 yards further up, their mids on the back foot, breaking lines across the width of the pitch, using the middle of the park, passing first time, winning all those little battles. PP as consistently noisy as I’ve ever heard it. 
Huge efforts .. Elder and Jackson tracking back stopping crosses, Ebou with a glint in his eye .. hunting for someone to tackle. Yates pulling CB’s this way and that making space. Jacob tipping that free Kick over. Could have been 6-2 but we had Jacob and they had a post … What an afternoon. 

6 minutes ago, The Running Man said:

Sure, here's a fellow that got annoyed when we equalised and all the people that applauded that suggestion.

I suppose it's possible some of them.might have slunk off into the abyss since promotion.

Tbf, he’s said two things (three but one is an extension of the first). You don’t know if all those people are applauding both things or either one 

6 minutes ago, The Running Man said:

Sure, here's a fellow that got annoyed when we equalised in a game some time ago and all the people that applauded that suggestion.

Wow that’s just embarrassing! 

As I’ve said definitely several posters on here who are fans of other clubs or WUM’s.  No true Derby fan would ever say that or agree with it.

4 minutes ago, HorsforthRam said:

Tbf, he’s said two things (three but one is an extension of the first). You don’t know if all those people are applauding both things or either one 

Saying Warne was ruining our club is pretty embarrassing in retrospect. The other bit is incredible really ...

Anyway,  note to self you can be shown to the whole forum for agreeing with a comment 😬

8 minutes ago, Eaststander7 said:

Wow that’s just embarrassing! 

As I’ve said definitely several posters on here who are fans of other clubs or WUM’s.  No true Derby fan would ever say that or agree with it.

That poster still seems active.

Or at least they post in some matchday threads.

I'm sure it's no surprise their last one is in the Barrow thread 🤣 

Edit - On checking: Barrow, Watford and Blackburn. The only threads they have posted in this season....hmmmm.

Edited by The Running Man

It's hard to second guess folks' motivations for posting and / or applauding some of the more bilious stuff that gets posted on here, but I think the notable absence of some when we do play well seems to suggest that at very least, they're not happy about it. I find the pretence that they don't exist even more annoying to be honest and have fallen out with one or two who I'd previously respected for suggesting that it doesn't happen. 

That said, I think perhaps we need to just bury the hatchet now and preferably not in each other's skulls. Time to move on and hope that we can add consistency to our game so that the to and fro ceases for a while. The alternative to the back-biting is, IMO, not an echo chamber at all, but rather a unified and upbeat group of fans all pulling in the same direction. If that's an echo chamber then I'll happily admit that it's my preference and a strong one at that.

17 minutes ago, The Running Man said:

That poster still seems active.

Or at least they post in some matchday threads.

I'm sure it's no surprise their last one is in the Barrow thread 🤣 

Edit - On checking: Barrow, Watford and Blackburn. The only threads they have posted in this season....hmmmm.

Just scroll past his stuff or pop him on ignore mate. We all say silly things, but if you think someone is consistently being divisive, you can always pop them on ignore. It's not ideal, but it can prevent some unnecessary grief. Pretty sure @Day has aid he suspects that there are the odd few who are likely not Derby fans,  but masquerade as such and a few have been caught out and jettisoned over time, but who really has the bandwidth and energy to devote to uncovering them all? FWIW, I still think this is the best footy forum I've come across and by a country mile.

10 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

It's hard to second guess folks' motivations for posting and / or applauding some of the more bilious stuff that gets posted on here, but I think the notable absence of some when we do play well seems to suggest that at very least, they're not happy about it. I find the pretence that they don't exist even more annoying to be honest and have fallen out with one or two who I'd previously respected for suggesting that it doesn't happen. 

That said, I think perhaps we need to just bury the hatchet now and preferably not in each other's skulls. Time to move on and hope that we can add consistency to our game so that the to and fro ceases for a while. The alternative to the back-biting is, IMO, not an echo chamber at all, but rather a unified and upbeat group of fans all pulling in the same direction. If that's an echo chamber then I'll happily admit that it's my preference and a strong one at that.

Made this point several times...but my bugbear is posters saying its just 'to and fro',calling people happy clappers, everyone's entitled to an opinion etc etc

Hang on...its a Derby fans forum. Its not a national forum where you expect people to go out of their way to be negative and take deliberately provocative stances.

I wouldn't expect a mate to say 'well now you're asking,I think  your new missus is a moose and annoying AF'.

I expect fans to be protective of the club and not stick the boot in. Any opposing fan who comes on and is perfectly reasonable is still very likely to get negative comments from some posters. Yet our own fans expect to be able to post really derogatory stuff every week and say 'It's just an opinion'.

I'm not overly bothered personally but the idea its the same threshold or line or whatever for positive/negative comments is bizarre for me. If I've driven 200miles and been travelling all day and am thoroughly down having lost in the last minute...the last thing I want is to read some numpty scoring points and slagging the club off. People make great investments in all ways and have massive pride in being part of the club, so being overly positive is not the same as being overly negative in my book. 

11 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

In the comment I initially replied to you said that some people are only concerned with being right, have a look at some of the posts in here tonight deriding anyone that's been negative over the last few weeks and tell me with a straight face that they aren't delighted to be proven right (even though it's to early to see which way things will go).

It absolutely does go both ways.

I think the point is that no-one should be delighted to be proved right if things go wrong. They should be disappointed to be proved right. Whereas of course you should be delighted to be proved right if things go well. 
Not a dig at you personally, just trying to explain the difference. 

I think the annoying thing is the lack of reasonableness. I could name them but won't but four possibly five consistently negative posters still haven't appeared to say well done to the team and Warne for yesterday's excellent result. Sorry but that smacks of putting opinion above supporting the Rams. I have no time for them.