Paul Warne

Day

On 14/08/2024 at 18:58, Ghost of Clough said:

I remember Clough "having to rely upon" loans like Ryan Noble, Priskin, Bryan Hughes, and Dickov, and frees like James O'Connor and Ben Pringle

Dickov and kuqi were such depressing signings!!

genuinely have no memory of James o Connor or Ryan noble!

googled and do recall o Connor! Still none the wiser on noble 

Was Dave Walton a clough signing too?

Edited by Rich3478

9 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Kuqi linked up really well with bueno and if I remember right commons, it was a decent front 3

6 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Bit harsh, I reckon. Kuqi wasn't a signing to get pulses racing, least on paper, but I thought he ended up showing he was a really good fit for the team.

and also Clough got as much out of those old legs as much as possible. There's been far worse make do striker signings Stern John on loan springs to mind.

Just now, eddielewis said:

and also Clough got as much out of those old legs as much as possible. There's been far worse make do striker signings Stern John on loan springs to mind.

Dean moxey playing up front wasn’t great

1 hour ago, Rich3478 said:

Dave Walton was way before - Burley signed him I think 

After many years as a happy clapper I’ve swapped roles and over the last couple of years and been generally a Warne critic.

But I 100% believe he’s the man for the task ahead this season. Doesn’t need to be flashy. It’s not about pretty. We’re going to s***house teams. We’re going to rely on togetherness. We have pace. We’ll grow into the season. We’ll be reet. 

8 minutes ago, Pikeyram said:

Warne got his tactics bang on today, especially after losing 2 of his starting back 4 in the first half hour.

Smoggies didn't create a single clear chance, excellent work ethic by all players instilled in them by Warne, now let's get behind them please!!

Spot on. Had been concerned about us defensively as having looked impregnable towards the end of last season, we'd looked a tad Keystone Cops thus far this year. There'll be far stronger sides than us in this league, as we look to gradually strengthen the squad, but there won't be any who work harder. Ice baths all-round I suspect! 

1 minute ago, Hinzy9 said:

It's much easier to defend well when you just park the bus. If that anti football is going to the blueprint for the season then it's going to be a very hard watch.

There always has to be someone trying to bring the mood down even after a win.

It was a hard fought win against one of the teams likely to be there or thereabouts come the end of the season.

Although we may see the same again (especially if we score early and lose two defenders in the first 25 minutes) against some of the other fancied teams, there is no reason to fear the approach we saw today will be the blueprint for every game.