Paul Warne

Day

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

I guess Warne told our defenders at half time to gift Blackburn 3 goals just to make things interesting on here tonight

Grow up. Some of the defending I saw should have been coached out at schoolboy level to have any aspirations of being a professional footballer. 

If you set yourself up for disaster defensively, don't be shocked when disaster happens. 

1 minute ago, May Contain Nuts said:

When players c*** up - "the manager didn't tell them to play like that!"

When players do the right thing - "fantastic manager getting the best out of him"

Some of the players tonight must take personal responsibility for their own performances and I hope that we have a bunch of players honest enough to do that. Then we move forward.

If the player is consistently underperforming and the manager does nowt about it then quite rightly he starts to take some of the flak. 

Don’t think it’s Warne’s fault but I really don’t think it is good enough to be entering a Championship season with an 11 like that. 2 we owned last season and they were not good enough or fit enough to get into the team. 

Yes we will sign players but I am not sure we will have the luxury of chucking too many games away while we get our ducks in a row. Yes I appreciate we have to wait for loans etc but it’s a conscious decision to make them a core part of your transfer policy. 

4 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

When a player c*** up - "the manager didn't tell him to play like that! It's not his fault "

When players do the right thing - "All credit to the manager for getting the best out of him."

There has to be some responsibility on all parties. If the player does something well the player deserves credit for executing their role and the manager/coaching staff deserve credit for helping facilitate that through coaching/fitness/tactics/selection etc. Conversely if the player does something wrong it’s likely a combination of individual error, and/or tactics, and/or fatigue/fitness, and/or selection etc.

I really thought we’d get a tiny bit further into the season before the division on here started again 😔 

26 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Ah, yes, complete overreactions left right and centre after one defeat. Welcome to the season.

Although they were pretty awful..... 'left, right and centre'  😉

7 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

There has to be some responsibility on all parties. If the player does something well the player deserves credit for executing their role and the manager/coaching staff deserve credit for helping facilitate that through coaching/fitness/tactics/selection etc. Conversely if the player does something wrong it’s likely a combination of individual error, and/or tactics, and/or fatigue/fitness, and/or selection etc.

I really thought we’d get a tiny bit further into the season before the division on here started again 😔 

Hopefully you don't consider the above divisive, it's simply an observation on reactions about football managers as a whole.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

13 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

No chance I'm afraid. It's going to be f****** grim on here this season for anyone trying to get behind the team or the manager. 

"Of course Warne got relegated with Rotherham. He didn't have the resources to compete."

Are we giving him better resources this time? If not is it fair to expect something different?

Like I've always said, I'm not a huge fan of his football. But the likes of Kenzo/Ozoh/Zetterstrom (if it ever happens) suggest that with a bit of money he might do something interesting and different. 

We will see what happens in the next few weeks, but money matters in football and there is a middle ground between Mel and wherever we are now. 

30 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

No, it was an added observation given the posting across this and the matchday thread by multiple posters on all sides of the Warne divide. 

🙄it isn't a divide. You're welcome to your opinions. Some people think Warne's up to the task, but others don't. 

let those of us who don't believe in him criticize his tactics without bulldhit judgement from people on here. 

debate is welcome, but condescending remarks and overreactions are not. Remember, we all support the same club, albeit in our own ways. 

I do NOT want back in league one. I think Warne gets us relegated. 

16 minutes ago, Nyderby said:

🙄it isn't a divide. You're welcome to your opinions. Some people think Warne's up to the task, but others don't. 

let those of us who don't believe in him criticize his tactics without bulldhit judgement from people on here. 

debate is welcome, but condescending remarks and overreactions are not. Remember, we all support the same club, albeit in our own ways. 

I do NOT want back in league one. I think Warne gets us relegated. 

I’ve not stopped anyone saying anything, I haven’t singled one person out for criticism, I’m not exactly judging anyone and I don’t think I’ve been condescending either. I have expressed my opinion (quite respectfully I thought) that the rhetoric around Warne and the way some people go about expressing it whether pro or con, proves divisive. I think it’s a fair observation. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

The problem Warne will have is that poor football can be tolerated when results are good, but when results are hard to come by the pressure from fans will ramp up in double time. Is that fair? No. Is that the reality of the situation? Yep.

Warne just has to hope something clicks or that Clowes is more patient than the fans.

I think Warne was in a no-win situation tonight tactically.

If he had gone for three at the back or four at the back with Nyambe and Forsyth and Adams and Ozoh in midfield and lost 1-0, he would have been blamed for being too negative.

The team is not ready. Plain and simple. Let’s hope it comes together over the next 4-5 weeks.

3 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The problem Warne will have is that poor football can be tolerated when results are good, but when results are hard to come by the pressure from fans will ramp up in double time. Is that fair? No. Is that the reality of the situation? Yep.

Warne just has to hope something clicks or that Clowes is more patient than the fans.

For me it’s always been a matter of patience and tolerance. Some fans are more patient and tolerant than others, I understand that, but I thought we’d at least manage more than one match back in the championship before people were fully writing off the season.
Tonight showed there’s still plenty of work to be done, before anyone accuses me of happy clapping or some nonsense as I’m not. My view is we’ve still got time to recruit further, the team will hopefully gel quickly with more time spent training and playing together, and Warne may or may not prove to be the man to keep us up…. But it’s not quite the disaster some people seem to feel it is, all in my simple opinion of course.