Paul Warne

Day

11 hours ago, MaltRam said:

11 points from our last 8 games will give us our biggest ever points return.

I think we can cut him all the slack in the world and get on the Warne bus until May at least.

and we only need one more away win from the four we have left to beat our record for away wins in a season.

Think that injuries for Bird and Collins may have allowed Warne to stumble a a formation that allows us to be a better side. Similar thing happened in the Arthur Cox days when injury opened up a place for Phil Gee.

53 minutes ago, Top Lino said:

Think that injuries for Bird and Collins may have allowed Warne to stumble a a formation that allows us to be a better side. Similar thing happened in the Arthur Cox days when injury opened up a place for Phil Gee.

I think we’d be even stronger if those two were available.

Bird for Hourihane especially. Hourihane’s passing, especially on the volley, is ropy. Ward is replacing his set pieces. 

Saturday will be a real test of our formation. It has worked against three teams outside of the top slots but might be exposed by a good midfield.

14 hours ago, europia said:

I was thinking that Warney's interviews had become a bit 'David Brent' recently, so I tend to chuckle at them now.  Anyhow, as things stand, none of that matters. Just have to hope he's got what it takes to get us promoted. 

I think it's the voice.  He just sounds like him; combined with a dry humour.  

8 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I think we’d be even stronger if those two were available.

Bird for Hourihane especially. Hourihane’s passing, especially on the volley, is ropy. Ward is replacing his set pieces. 

Saturday will be a real test of our formation. It has worked against three teams outside of the top slots but might be exposed by a good midfield.

Gayle every day of the week over Collins!

Suggestion from my better half "They should bring back manager beefs, more caustic comments about other managers and vendettas and so on"

So Mr Warne, over to you, lets have some cutting remarks on your peers in the game. Steve Evans had a good one when he praised your cone putting out.

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Suggestion from my better half "They should bring back manager beefs, more caustic comments about other managers and vendettas and so on"

So Mr Warne, over to you, lets have some cutting remarks on your peers in the game. Steve Evans had a good one when he praised your cone putting out.

Yeah - evatt isn't a dislikeable character tho is he?

Perhaps he should praise Steve Evans' ballroom dancing elegance...

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

That's true, i don't think anyone has had a bad word to say about Evatt to be fair.

Trying to think in L1..... Currently there isn't many I'd despise. Evans certainly, the fat swindler. Ferguson at Posh and don't really warm to Ritchie wellens at Orient.

Other than that tho.....compared to last season when there was Joey Barton, Steve cotterill, that whiney scouser at Plymouth and that other old whiner at accrington......I'm finding myself short of hate figures......

20 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Trying to think in L1..... Currently there isn't many I'd despise. Evans certainly, the fat swindler. Ferguson at Posh and don't really warm to Ritchie wellens at Orient.

Other than that tho.....compared to last season when there was Joey Barton, Steve cotterill, that whiney scouser at Plymouth and that other old whiner at accrington......I'm finding myself short of hate figures......

Hopefully next season it will be whoever is in charge down the A52😂

Been a while since I looked at this year’s table to last year’s and it makes for a nice comparison in my opinion, can see on paper at least the progress we’ve made year on year. Here’s the table tonight against the same day last year and against the 1st of April 2023 by which point we’d played 39 games for anyone interested;

8EF35A4E-72A0-4891-871C-D0BEBF61C338.jpeg

128AB45E-0D9E-4C23-91F0-29A62D26EF07.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Been a while since I looked at this year’s table to last year’s and it makes for a nice comparison in my opinion, can see on paper at least the progress we’ve made year on year. Here’s the table tonight against the same day last year and against the 1st of April 2023 by which point we’d played 39 games for anyone interested;

are you trying to show how much easier the league is this year?

9 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Significant improvement that! 

COYR

8 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

are you trying to show how much easier the league is this year?

Even if that is the case, Warne has us in the automatic promotion places with 7 games to go, having won plenty of games, scored plenty of goals, and conceded less than a number of the other teams in the top 7.

Soooooo relative to the difficulty of the league this season, the team is doing well…. Don’t you think? 

Unreal that your only post so far today, on the back of a vital win against a promotion rival, is to scoff at the suggestion we might be doing ok. 😆 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

Great progression Caerphilly as per the above tables show and you can’t fault what Paul Warne has done and Mr Clowes for employing him to do the job he’s doing. I’m still not his greatest fan and don’t see him being the man to take us forward next year, but and a big but, I have to bow down and say he’s proved me wrong and looks like he’s going to take us up 👏 good luck to you Paul 🙏