Paul Warne

Day

4 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

Could be, I think it's more likely we are 3rd or 4th when everyone is back on a level playing field. 

You see there you go ,,, you call for substance then go mystic Meg to dismiss that substance , you don’t know how anybody’s games in hand will go , you don’t know how anybody s remaining fixtures will go , we have points on the board and the best goal difference, that is the substance , anything else is just guess work 

10 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

For negative sake? We have just lost 2 on the bounce, one against a team that hadn't won in 22 games. Both games we put in poor performances and that has been a theme all season.

I admit I've been more negative about Paul Warne than others, but that's purely because I saw concerns earlier on and unfortunately they were concerning enough for me to think he wasn't right for us. How I long for him to Ram that down my throat and prove me wrong.

I was sure he wouldn’t be the right man long term after Ipswich away last season. I’ve tried to bury that feeling since then but I don’t see anything that changes my mind. 

Will he eventually get us up? More than likely due to the nature of our squad compared to others in the division. 

Have I got any confidence if we go up? No. I know we’ll strengthen but this football without having players better than our opposition to win it with moments of magic will not be as successful. 

My prediction is that Warne is going to go this time next year … promotion or no promotion.

If we don’t go up Clowes is going to give Warne another chance due to the length of his contract. If we go up the style of football is going to put us in the bottom three of the Championship.

The most disappointing thing (and I agree with Daren Robinson) is I no longer know what the football, recruitment, and academy philosophy and strategy is at DCFC.

Big factor on whether we keep Warne if we fail to go up will surely be season ticket sales. If they are slow and a lot of people fail to renew then Mr Clowes  may be prompted to act sooner than he would like. For my part I would make a change even if we go up as I have no confidence in Warnes's recruitment for a season in the Championship.

1 minute ago, Jonnie_07 said:

My prediction is that Warne is going to go this time next year … promotion or no promotion.

If we don’t go up Clowes is going to give Warne another chance due to the length of his contract. If we go up the style of football is going to put us in the bottom three of the Championship.

The most disappointing thing (and I agree with Daren Robinson) is I no longer know what the football, recruitment, and academy philosophy and strategy is at DCFC.

Think you may be correct i cant see Clowes paying off two more years of Warne and staffs contracts so i think we may be stuck with him

Who knows he may pull it off and we go up,however week after week i see the same old turge on the field and it is know starting to catch up with us,it sounds crazy but i am not even that confident we will win Saturday against the league worst form Club 

Just sick of three at the back and literally playing 5 in defense at home,its awful football we are playing at present 

1 minute ago, ramboy63 said:

Think you may be correct i cant see Clowes paying off two more years of Warne and staffs contracts so i think we may be stuck with him

Who knows he may pull it off and we go up,however week after week i see the same old turge on the field and it is know starting to catch up with us,it sounds crazy but i am not even that confident we will win Saturday against the league worst form Club 

Just sick of three at the back and literally playing 5 in defense at home,its awful football we are playing at present 

Not just three at the back but also one midfielder whose only function is to protect those three!

We pick Hourihane or Smith who are both tidy, but slow. Only Bird really supports what is then a front two. Little wonder we struggle to create chances.

55 minutes ago, Jonnie_07 said:

If we don’t go up I think Warne will do the honourable thing and leave by mutual consent.

55 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Weirdly the best football seen IMHO at pride park was with 3 at the back ..Laursen Stimac Rowett......

It was what was infront and behind them that made a significant difference 

4 minutes ago, bucktwo said:

Weirdly the best football seen IMHO at pride park was with 3 at the back ..Laursen Stimac Rowett......

It was what was infront and behind them that made a significant difference 

We played Igor as a sweeper controlling everything. None of our current defenders would be capable of that, nor do I think our current manager has the ability to understand how to play it.

Edited by bcnram
typo

1 hour ago, bcnram said:

We played Igor as a sweeper controlling everything. None of our current defenders would be capable of that, nor do I think our current manager has the ability to understand how to play it.

The big thing was that pretty much everyone else was still playing 442 at that point.  So us playing 352 basically left Stimac and whoever of Asanovic/Baiano/Kinladze as spare men, with the freedom to go and influence the game.  Nowadays, most teams play one up front and 3 in midfield, so us playing a back 3 leaves us with 3 men marking one striker and us getting outnumbered somewhere else.

13 hours ago, Jram said:

I’m not suggesting anyone is right or wrong but I do question what is driving peoples point of view and I think sometimes it would be valuable to genuinely question whether you’re angry with Warne or whether you’re just generally angry that Derby lost. 

Im always irrationally angry when Derby lose. I hate everyone- the opposition players, the opposition manager, derbys players and manager etc

After a bit of reflection, I often realise that none of those people are to blame. Or, if they are to blame like obviously Wildsmith was, there’s no value in demonising them. Wildsmith is a good keeper who happens to have made two high profile mistakes in recent games. He’s still good. He’s going to make more mistakes in his career. 

Same with Warne. Would the grass be any greener with any other manager? I tend to doubt it 

Which is fine, yet plenty think it would be. I'm one of them, but I'm not going to slaughter Warne as it's not really in my nature plus there are parts of it all which are ok. There's plenty he's done right this season.

Tbh, when we've lost, even by the time I've made a 10 minute walk back to the car I'm over it. It doesn't bother me that much, and neither do I get over excited when we win (though obviously that's my preference), which is probably why I place more importance of enjoying the game I'm watching as I've given up most of my day to go.

7 hours ago, Archied said:

You see there you go ,,, you call for substance then go mystic Meg to dismiss that substance , you don’t know how anybody’s games in hand will go , you don’t know how anybody s remaining fixtures will go , we have points on the board and the best goal difference, that is the substance , anything else is just guess work 

It's delusional to think we are better because we've played more games than the others

3 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Not just three at the back but also one midfielder whose only function is to protect those three!

We pick Hourihane or Smith who are both tidy, but slow. Only Bird really supports what is then a front two. Little wonder we struggle to create chances.

And yet we’re joint second highest scorers in the division ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I don’t disagree that a lot of the football is industrial, but by that metric (add indeed goals conceded) it is effective.  

Whether other styles would be more effective is, of course, a fair debate. 

Edited by ck-
Typo

11 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

It's delusional to think we are better because we've played more games than the others

I think you’re right. 
Bolton on a mini slump like us. Even on their current form though, you could argue their game in hand would get them a draw, so they’re ahead. 
Barnsley on a great run, so it’s fair to assume they’d get 4 points from the two games. That puts them a point ahead too. 
So applying a reasoned (I’m my opinion) assessment, we’re a point behind. 
A point behind with 11 games to go is wide open. 
The next 3-4 games will be interesting!

16 hours ago, McArthur Park said:

Well you'll probably just take the Michael, but anyway.... Agree on Nelson, great signing, also love Wilson and Adams, they bring a bit of energy and excitement. There have been enjoyable games, Oxford away being a noticeable example, what a great night that was and I think everyone who was there would agree. We are still second! We have a great chance of being promoted. Positivity for me also extends to the whole feeling of a match day, spending time with family, and the people you sit with who have become friends, but I guess I'm probably not allowed to count that!

No mickey taking here.  Good points well made.

9 minutes ago, ck- said:

I don’t disagree that a lot of the football is industrial, but by that metric (add indeed goals conceded) it is effective.  

Goals scored doesn't equate to chance creation though.

Shots
Shots per game: 12th
xG (quality of chances created): 5th
6 yard box shots: 4th 
Penalty area shots: 6th
Open play shots: 10th

Key Passes
Total key passes: 6th
Open play key passes: 7th

At least we lead the charts for chances created from crosses and corners.

29 minutes ago, ck- said:

We are, but not so much with three at the back. Most of that was with a Cashin/ Nelson pairing.