Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

Out of the top young players in League One, I'd like to see us consider: 

Marc Leonard, Thelo Aasgaard, Bosun Lawal, Freddie Potts, Harvey Vale & Idris El Mizouni for the midfield positions

Karamoko Dembele, Kwame Poku, Femi Azeez, Paris Magoma, Abu Kamara, Martial Godo in the wide positions. 

Joe Taylor & Miles Leaburn upfront. 

Other than that: Charlie Hughes (CB), Sean Roughan (CB) & Sam Tickle (GK)

Most of them have been on loan from Premier League clubs and will be highly sought after. The ones that haven't may be out of our price range, but there's some talent knocking about on review - especially if we're considering young players to add asset value to our club. 

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Out of the top young players in League One, I'd like to see us consider: 

Marc Leonard, Thelo Aasgaard, Bosun Lawal, Freddie Potts, Harvey Vale & Idris El Mizouni for the midfield positions

Karamoko Dembele, Kwame Poku, Femi Azeez, Paris Magoma, Abu Kamara, Martial Godo in the wide positions. 

Joe Taylor & Miles Leaburn upfront. 

Other than that: Charlie Hughes (CB), Sean Roughan (CB) & Sam Tickle (GK)

Most of them have been on loan from Premier League clubs and will be highly sought after. The ones that haven't may be out of our price range, but there's some talent knocking about on review - especially if we're considering young players to add asset value to our club. 

Sean Roughan is a left back!

21 minutes ago, valakari said:

Sean Roughan is a left back!

He’s played more games at centre back this season than left back/left wing back. Either way, the fact he can play both would make him a good deputy/replacement to Forsyth. 

Posted (edited)

For half of last season, Dan Kemp was the best player in League Two - at Swindon, scoring 17 goals from midfield and making more. Then MK Dons hauled him back from his loan there, to see out the end of his contract for them. 

IIRC he has a good pedigree in the West Ham academy. I think he'd be well worth a look as an out of contract attacking midfielder with a load of ability and something to prove. 

Edit: and obviously we should buy Macaulay Langstaff from Notts. 

Edited by Carl Sagan

4 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

For half of last season, Dan Kemp was the best player in League Two - at Swindon, scoring 17 goals from midfield and making more. Then MK Dons hauled him back from his loan there, to see out the end of his contract for them. 

IIRC he has a good pedigree in the West Ham academy. I think he'd be well worth a look as an out of contract attacking midfielder with a load of ability and something to prove. 

Edit: and obviously we should buy Macaulay Langstaff from Notts. 

Not seen him play but 17 goals and 10 assists in league two across his spell at Swindon (14G 8A) then back at MK Dons (3G 2A) looks like impressive numbers. Right age at 25, could be a good shout for that attacking midfield role on low wages…if he can make the step up. 

15 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Not seen him play but 17 goals and 10 assists in league two across his spell at Swindon (14G 8A) then back at MK Dons (3G 2A) looks like impressive numbers. Right age at 25, could be a good shout for that attacking midfield role on low wages…if he can make the step up. 

The last bit is the important element.

In League Two you get much more time on the ball and chances which are scarcer in the Championship.

He’s small and light and I fear he might get overrun. Big fish in a small pond, possibly.

Will be interesting to see how his career blossoms. I think Warne will want more physically robust players. Not thugs, but those who can play good football under physical pressure. 

8 hours ago, jimbobram said:

Phillips looks a solid centre mid for barnsley. Prime age too

Philips could be one of the goalscoring mids we need 👍🏻 got a good goal record for a mid 

I'd like to see us go for someone like Nakayama or Galloway who are both left-sided defenders, of good age, and will be free agents in the summer. This is because they will provide us with similar cover to what Nyambe offers in being able to play as a full-back or as a centre-back. This would make either of them ideal Fozzy replacements should he be released

1 hour ago, hintonsboots said:

I will look back and think how 10 million could have bought 5 very good players with the correct recruitment in place. I think Argyle will go down.

Nope, Brum for me Hints 😊

2 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

I will look back and think how 10 million could have bought 5 very good players with the correct recruitment in place. I think Argyle will go down.

Could have got Ollie Watkins from Exeter for £3.5 mill in the same window , but Mel said it was a rip-off. Beilik will be on nearly the £35 k a week we were giving him as he was a transfer market FREEBIE .

12 hours ago, ram59 said:

I think that we already have one 'new' CDM, I think that Jake Rooney will take up this position, effectively he's an addition to the squad that won promotion.

Nah, he’s pretty solidly a CB in a 3 or a right back. 

2 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

If they do we could do a lot worse than looking at bringing Morgan Whittaker back to the club. 

Going to the Netherlands can bring some real quality, a few championship clubs have had good success in getting players from the eredivisie as of late. I’ve found two players in positions I think we need.

Redoun El Yaakoubi, Centre back, 28- He is 6 foot 1 and strong in the air with his contract expiring this summer. He is a threat from set pieces with 9 goals in 100 games for the Dutch side. He also is in the 94th percentile for aerial duels won by centre backs in the league and the 95th percentile for defensive actions. 

Julian Baas, Central midfield, 22 - also from Excelsior Baas is a great box to box midfielder with a decent amount of potential. Over his last 3 seasons has came in with 9 goals and 17 assists. He would be a great max bird replacement to complement Ebou Adams (hopefully). At 22 he is only going to get better. He also is good over a set piece taking free kicks and corners regularly and even taking a penalty against Ajax in their last game.