Eiran Cashin - new contract to 2027

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I thought he was great in U21s for us and said he had a future but he is no Roy McFarland or Colin Todd 

Has anyone suggested he is? Can’t you just be remotely pleased that one of our more dependable players (in most people’s eyes I would suggest) has extended his contract? 

I’m afraid your destined for a lifetime of disappointment if you’re going to continue to set the likes of McFarland and Todd as your benchmark.

Just now, Tamworthram said:

Has anyone suggested he is? Can’t you just be remotely pleased that one of our more dependable players (in most people’s eyes I would suggest) has extended his contract? 

I’m afraid your destined for a lifetime of disappointment if you’re going to continue to set the likes of McFarland and Todd as your benchmark.

Please about him staying when he was staying anyway or did we have an amazing bid !

7 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Mendez-Laing, Nyambe and now Cashin.

Maybe players do like playing under Warne after all.

Yes but Mendez-Laing is no Hinton and Cashin is no McFarland or Todd (I was going to say Nyambe is no Nish but Nish played on the left didn’t he?). So it’s all doom and gloom don’t you know. 😉

People whining on about how Taylor at Lincoln had a good game against Cashin. So what? I saw Ray Crawford for Ipswich absolutely take McFarland apart in a 4-0 defeat at Portman Road. Roy looked like someone pulled off the street to make up the numbers. Every player has bad games, even the so called superstars of the Premier League.

1 minute ago, BobdeBilder said:

People whining on about how Taylor at Lincoln had a good game against Cashin. So what? I saw Ray Crawford for Ipswich absolutely take McFarland apart in a 4-0 defeat at Portman Road. Roy looked like someone pulled off the street to make up the numbers. Every player has bad games, even the so called superstars of the Premier League.

It's almost like Cashin is barely enough to order a pint, and has a full career of learning the game ahead of him.

Absolute legend.

Of our recent academy products probably has the highest ceiling and if we go up and he keeps playing like this he will easily get a move to a big premier league club. 

Gutted about Bird but if we had to choose we’ve managed to tie down the more important of the two.

Absolutely fantastic news. Very good PR from the club to announce it today after yesterday's debacle, given Cashin is probably the most universally loved player at the club (one specific poster excepted, clearly).

Top quality player at this level who would easily be able to step back up to the Championship, if we ever return. Best CB in the league, in fact I’d argue the best player full stop.

3 hours ago, Scott129 said:

Surely we have to be working on Sibley and Thommo's extensions too?

Even if it is just to sell them in the summer.

Sibley?? Why

let him go and get him off the wage bill, if rumours are true and hes on a good wage then sadly through no fault of his own hes commanding a wage that could be used on someone whos going to nail down a first team place and make us better 

2 hours ago, Ram-Alf said:

That's some good bit of news, Just a point tho, Does this not show that DC believes in PW? and sees good things going forward or did DC offer him £30k a week 😁

"Fair play to the club and to [owner] David Clowes for giving him a contract that everyone is happy with.

But players can sign a 20-year contract and still be sold in the summer. It's how football is.

He has committed his future here, he has safeguarded the club in a nice way and I just enjoy working with him. He's a great kid and he's hilarious. The longer it can last the better. He wants to sign a new contract, he wants to stay here and we are really pleased he is."

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-press-conference-charlton-9074588