Eiran Cashin - new contract to 2027

7 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Tbf mate there's only ever been 1 or 2 players better than them in history. 

Its a high bar to measure him against!

Probably our best player now Bird has gone.  I’m just making the point really that he won’t stay in League 1 next season if we don’t go up.  
Of course I want promotion who wouldn’t but it’s by no means a given now after failing to get a CF in .

What do I know but we were poor against Cheltenham but our only CF and Bird dug us out  

34 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

"Fair play to the club and to [owner] David Clowes for giving him a contract that everyone is happy with.

But players can sign a 20-year contract and still be sold in the summer. It's how football is.

He has committed his future here, he has safeguarded the club in a nice way and I just enjoy working with him. He's a great kid and he's hilarious. The longer it can last the better. He wants to sign a new contract, he wants to stay here and we are really pleased he is."

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-press-conference-charlton-9074588

Why did you edit EC to DC?

It's plainly obvious to anyone who has a nose on their face that signing a contract means fcuk all in todays world of football and money, The only matter is is that it will secure a very good fee if he moves on in the next 2 years

11 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

Why did you edit EC to DC?

It's plainly obvious to anyone who has a nose on their face that signing a contract means fcuk all in todays world of football and money, The only matter is is that it will secure a very good fee if he moves on in the next 2 years

Oops, I glanced at your post again after quoting it and after getting the PW comments and got confused and thought you meant DC not EC. I shouldn't have stayed up so late last night waiting for our new striker signing to be announced. 😄 Sorry mate.

4 hours ago, Curtains said:

I thought he was great in U21s for us and said he had a future but he is no Roy McFarland or Colin Todd 

Well, you're no William Shakespeare or Charles Dickens, but for a poster on a div. 3 football forum, I'd still rate you somewhere between rather spiffing and bloody marvelous!  

4 hours ago, Curtains said:

I thought he was great in U21s for us and said he had a future but he is no Roy McFarland or Colin Todd 

Hang on.  He’s 21(?) playing in the 3rd division.  And you’re comparing him to title winning, England internationals?  Using that logic we may as well call it quits and let them all go.

1 hour ago, Spanish said:

I think we will 'cash in' on cash in the summer if we don't go up

I don’t think his agent would be doing his job if there wasn’t clauses in the contract stating that he could move if a certain fee was met if we didn’t go up.

That doesn’t take anything away from his loyalty to us though and safeguards both parties.

15 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

I don’t think his agent would be doing his job if there wasn’t clauses in the contract stating that he could move if a certain fee was met if we didn’t go up.

That doesn’t take anything away from his loyalty to us though and safeguards both parties.

wasn't thin king about his decision, DCFC will cash in

5 hours ago, BobdeBilder said:

People whining on about how Taylor at Lincoln had a good game against Cashin. So what? I saw Ray Crawford for Ipswich absolutely take McFarland apart in a 4-0 defeat at Portman Road. Roy looked like someone pulled off the street to make up the numbers. Every player has bad games, even the so called superstars of the Premier League.

All part of the master plan. Brighton sniffing like a bloodhound, clearly had someone watching him at Lincoln. 
scheming rooster teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

2 hours ago, Curtains said:

Probably our best player now Bird has gone.  I’m just making the point really that he won’t stay in League 1 next season if we don’t go up.  
Of course I want promotion who wouldn’t but it’s by no means a given now after failing to get a CF in .

What do I know but we were poor against Cheltenham but our only CF and Bird dug us out  

Thats just your view! Then against cheltenham he was non-exsistant before his goal, he is too inconsistant after his goal yes he was one of the players who turned the game on its head

Edited by Dcfcsr92