Dwight Gayle - Signed until the end of the season

Topram

Just now, jimbobram said:

This boarder line stalking of players needs to stop. I get people get excited, but posting where they are and chasing and taking pictures of them whilst following them is weird

I feel more sorry for his carer driving the vehicle being chased at 90 mph.  Was only taking him to Tesco for some mints and steradent.

Warne said relying on finding a free agent to replace Collins, who has scored 18 goals in all competitions this season, has left him with "a list as long as my toenail".

"If you are a striker and out of contract in February, it's not first pick on anyone's list," Warne told BBC Radio Derby.

"It sounds like an awful thing to say, but generally speaking centre forwards get picked up all the time."

"I've met the kid and he has a couple of League One clubs chasing him," Warne added.

"We are doing everything we can to get him in the building."

Yeah ok, don't shoot yourself in that foot, might lose that toenail 😂

24 minutes ago, CapeTownRams said:

Not yet. But quite why they need to delay the decision I don’t know. If DG’s wages are no more than Bird’s then it should be an automatic approval- barring that bias of course 🤷😳😎

We don't know they have delayed the decision. It could have been signed off at 9am this morning. 

EFL decision and Derby announcing the signing could be hours/days apart.

20 hours ago, Gabby'sThighs said:

Not entirely relevant now but I've just realised that Dwight Gayle is another player that got picked up by Peterborough from the lower leagues then sold on for a fat profit a short time later. They manage to get one every season....another being Jack Marriott of course. 

Could we maybe try and buy someone cheap and sell them for lots of money? I'll put a note in Dave Clowes' suggestion box.

Maybe we’ll start doing that now we’re no longer hampered by EFL restrictions which has stopped us doing this for the past couple of years. 

This is like when we eventually signed CBT we all (well a fair few of us any how) expected the announcement on the Friday and it was a few days later. 
we had to be creative that time looks like maybe we have to be now as well