Where do you think we'll finish this season?

30 minutes ago, DerbyRevolution said:

Anyone else getting ahead of themselves and thinking about arrangements of celebrations post Carlisle? 

Into Derby Saturday afternoon?

Open top bus parade Sunday afternoon or Monday evening?

No. 
Even if we beat Cambridge I won’t be tempting fate (too many years of being a Derby fan I guess).

I fully expect Bolton to win their two home games this week meaning it will all be decided on the last day ideally with us still a point ahead rather than one or two points behind.

Beat Cambridge and 3 or 4 nil up against Carlisle going into time added on and I might finally allow myself to believe. 😀

7 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Not quite yet but almost. I’m hoping Bolton chuck in a loss on Tuesday and we beat Cambridge to get promoted but as long as it’s in our hands last day we’ll get promoted. 

Slightly controversial but if we did get promoted, do you think there would be an open top bus parade and would you want a parade? Did we have one in the 80s for 3rd division promotion? Part of me thinks yes we should, the club was in ruins nearly extinct so we should celebrate coming back from the brink, but then the other part of me thinks we should never be at this level and this promotion shouldn’t be celebrated as an achievement alongside our others.

I don’t think an open top bus parade would be appropriate. Getting promoted would be cause for celebration but not this extent in my opinion unless of course, by some miracle, we end up winning the league. Then we’ll have a title to celebrate even if it is only the league one title.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

I don’t think an open top bus parade would be appropriate. Getting promoted would be cause for celebration but not this extent in my opinion unless of course, by some miracle, we end up winning the league. Then we’ll have a title to celebrate even if it is only the league one title.

If we get promoted on the last day v Carlisle we wont need an open top bus. The celebration will be all afternoon and evening in the pubs and streets of Derby. 

We're going to do it and its going to be a massive party.

The Rams are going up. 

I'm looking forward to the hangover!

4 hours ago, Carlin said:

I think us (Pompey) and Derby will go up automatically now. 

You guys know that if you beat Cambridge and Carlisle you are up. I fully expect you to win them both. You couldn't have asked for 2 better fixtures really to end the season with.

We need 1 point from 3 games for promotion, which I think we should be able to get but you never know what can happen in football. Not counting our chickens just yet. 

I think Bolton play the best football in the league, but they aren't as streetwise as Pompey and Derby; I think we both are able to grind out results. 

From this position, it really should be Pompey and Derby going up automatically.

Should be…..

but were u at Wycombe or Northampton..????😳😳

No chickens counted…

We are now 2 points ahead of my original prediction and require a win and a draw to reach 90 points.

Bolton are exactly as I predicted and need 2 wins and a draw to reach 89 points.

Added to which our GD margin has increased thanks to the 3 goals and clean sheet on Saturday.

Once Bolton have played tomorrow things will become much clearer.

A win for us on Saturday might just do it, depending on Bolton's results as well.

Even a draw for us on Saturday might not be the end of the world, but it probably would mean a very tense and nervous last day. 

Let's hope we can get it done on Saturday, get the win and pray that Bolton don't win twice.

6 hours ago, CapeTownRams said:

Should be…..

but were u at Wycombe or Northampton..????😳😳

No chickens counted…

He’s a Pompey fan so wouldn’t have been at either Wycombe or Northampton. He’s probably only seen us when we’re decent and not when we’re poor.

1 hour ago, StantonRam said:

... Even a draw for us on Saturday might not be the end of the world, but it probably would mean a very long and record breaking match day thread, exploding heads, lots of tantrums, and a tense and nervous last week. 

Let's hope we can get it done on Saturday, get the win and pray that Bolton don't win twice.

FTFY

P.S before you ask for evidence I can't remember specifics apart from Reading for the play-offs but I sat through 50 years of last home games and remember a feeling of dread boredom almost every time.

8 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

P.S before you ask for evidence I can't remember specifics apart from Reading for the play-offs but I sat through 50 years of last home games and remember a feeling of dread boredom almost every time.

That Reading game is the only one I remember. Conversely, under Lampard, we beat WBA in the last game to earn Steve Gibson's eternal ire and grab the last PO spot. In 92, we won our game and were about 15 minutes from automatic promotion when Bernie Slaven grabbed two for Boro who were losing 1-0 at Wolves, so not our fault. Under Arthur and TBE we won the last home game to go up.

Think positively!

7 minutes ago, Top Lino said:

Would be nice if Bolton failed to win tomorrow but it is unlikely. Can see us going to Cambridge and winning 2-0 to set up a 5-0 spanking of Carlisle on the last day of the season.

There form is dreadful and they can't score goals.  That being said they have drawn with us, Barnsley and Oxford in the last couple of months, albeit we infuriatingly packed our midfield and defence against a side who couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo and flushed two points down the toilet in my opinion.

49 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Historically Derby are bad at handling end of season pressure so I'm not optimistic until either Bolton screw up or the final whistle blows on the last day.

On the bright side we are top scorers in the league and have Mr Motivator as a manager so there is hope

We are the 3rd highest goal scorers behind Bolton and Peterborough. We have the best goal difference.

But, if we were to finish on the same points as Bolton and they manage to claw back the goal difference and finish the same as us, they would be promoted due to scoring more than us.

13 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

We are the 3rd highest goal scorers behind Bolton and Peterborough. We have the best goal difference.

But, if we were to finish on the same points as Bolton and they manage to claw back the goal difference and finish the same as us, they would be promoted due to scoring more than us.

We are actually 5th highest scorers behind Bolton, Peterborough, Barnsley and Oxford.

21 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

We are actually 5th highest scorers behind Bolton, Peterborough, Barnsley and Oxford.

Not bad at all given so many injuries to our strikers.  We are joint best “goals against” (with Pompey and Lincoln).  Telling us what we already know - we’ve got some good defenders.

51 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Sheffield Wednesday last season

Don’t think we bottled that one on the final day. The dive & subsequent penalty/red card took it away from us. I think we actually looked alright in that game and would’ve got the point we needed.

Games like Reading at home are bottling it, but not winning a game and bottling don’t always have to be the same thing.