Macauley Langstaff

JfR

This is an ideal move for both parties. Langstaff signs for a team that creates a lot of chances for strikers, a bigger club and a much improved wage packet at the end of the month. He doesn’t have to move from where he lives, etc. 

The problem is going to be the fee we can realistically put up. Wages won’t be a problem, we could triple/quadruple his wages without a second thought but Notts County will want to get paid and that’s where we will fall short. 

Nice idea, but not happening.

Isn’t he from the north east? Defo the sort of player Sunderland will be in for. Don’t think we can afford him right now. These are the sort of signings we should’ve made 8/9 years ago but Mel instead signed the likes of Darren Bent and David Nugent on millions!!

10 hours ago, oldtimeram said:

Why do nearly all of these players have really odd/silly Christian names.  What ever happened to John, Dave and Alan?

Americanitis. Other symptoms include saying “I’ve gotten”, “Can I get” and the single finger gesture ! What was wrong with good old two fingers. 🤣

32 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Absolutely no chance we are spending £1 million plus on anyone any time soon. Non-starter.

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking. I also think if we have got £1million + to spend I’d be annoyed lumping it all on one player. At this level £1million invested sensibly could add 2 or 3 players to the squad for this season and beyond.