Macauley Langstaff

JfR

16 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking. I also think if we have got £1million + to spend I’d be annoyed lumping it all on one player. At this level £1million invested sensibly could add 2 or 3 players to the squad for this season and beyond. 

I think they will be pushing for a higher fee. If he was available for around a mil, championship clubs would be all over him. Theres a reason why he is still at Notts

1 hour ago, jono said:

Americanitis. Other symptoms include saying “I’ve gotten”, “Can I get” and the single finger gesture ! What was wrong with good old two fingers. 🤣

Agree in part but remember that “gotten” is good old English, meaning a recent acquisition such as “I’ve got a car“ ( I have or own a car) and “I’ve gotten a car” (I’ve just bought a car).  Lost in UK now but still there in “forgotten”. “Guys” is another. Dropped out of  use over here in the late 1700s but has made a comeback. The single digit gesture is Italian in origin.
Right, English lesson over, back on your heads

1 hour ago, jono said:

Americanitis. Other symptoms include saying “I’ve gotten”, “Can I get” and the single finger gesture ! What was wrong with good old two fingers. 🤣

I watched the U21s goals yesterday and it felt like there were multiple Harrisons on the pitch. Ugh. But there was our Tony, so that's something.

Also, I was in a cafe the other week and a posh English guy in his 60s asked if they did 'takeout'. Go away.

This age thing and lower league football. It would be similar to when Liverpool went and signed John Aldridge from Oxford United in the Third Division (under Jim Smith), who had earlier signed him from Fourth Division Newport. I think he was around 28 at that time. He went on to score 50 goals in 81 appearances for Liverpool, and after a spell with Real Sociedad, he ended up at Tranmere aged 32 and managed, amazingly, another 243 games and 138 goals over seven seasons.

43 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

Agree in part but remember that “gotten” is good old English, meaning a recent acquisition such as “I’ve got a car“ ( I have or own a car) and “I’ve gotten a car” (I’ve just bought a car).  Lost in UK now but still there in “forgotten”. “Guys” is another. Dropped out of  use over here in the late 1700s but has made a comeback. The single digit gesture is Italian in origin.

Awesome 🙋‍♂️

3 hours ago, Turk Thrust said:

Language is magical and thanks for reminding me about gotten - I know but it’s revival via the bombast of US culture just narks me as a certified old goat. I like the Italian 2 fingered one - the two central fingers folded back with the extreme ones raised = cuckold. I am told, don’t do this in Naples if you value your wellbeing 🤣

1 minute ago, Animal is a Ram said:

We've been linked because Warne likes to go watch Didzy. Nothing in it, too pricey for us.

Not buying the McGoldrick explanation though. Reckon he’s been looking at Dan Crowley.

34 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Not buying the McGoldrick explanation though. Reckon he’s been looking at Dan Crowley.

Crowley or Jodi Jones who is also having a very impressive time there. I saw him get 4 assists with great crosses from the left wing in their recent game.

Must be a strong character too hes come back from multiple ACL injuries (a la Fozzy) despite only being mid 20s

39 minutes ago, abertawe_ram said:

Crowley or Jodi Jones who is also having a very impressive time there. I saw him get 4 assists with great crosses from the left wing in their recent game.

Must be a strong character too hes come back from multiple ACL injuries (a la Fozzy) despite only being mid 20s

Jones will probably follow the manager who went to Swansea