Derby V Burton match day thread

Boycie

5 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I don't think he's done anything particularly wrong, but he doesn't look as confident or as match ready as Wildsmith. I didn't think Wildsmith deserved to be dropped, but I'd happily see him back in as I think he's the better of the two keepers.

Agree I don't think the amount of mistakes he has made recently or even over the course of the season warranted dropping him. 

Just now, BathRam72 said:

Agreed. But very predictable and boring everytime.  Especially when we are 1 point from the top. Some people would moan if we were 10 points clear and win with a poor performance 

And they'd be absolutely correct. Do you think teams like City or Liverpool would be happy with a poor performance and a win? Their managers would be going nuts at the players. I don't understand this opinion that because we support Derby, that we're somehow never allowed to want us to be the best.

5 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Stand by that. Hourihane should have been taken off shortly after half time. If we’d held the midfield we wouldn’t have conceded   He jogs around like president biden on his way to the podium 

Ok, so you didn't see their 2 goals then right? Fair enough. The first one NML was fouled/lost possession in a dangerous area and their player ran at our defence without them engaging. The 2nd was a clearance/pinpoint accurate pass, when we inexplicably had left Elder 1 vs 1 on the halfway line. Probably go down as 2 Hourihane own goals for me Clive. Or maybe Bird.

Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

It's absolutely fair to criticise elements of that performance and that is what people are doing.

Winning the match doesn't alter the fact that significant chunks of that second half were desperately poor and we should expect better from the players and manager.

Where did I say it's not fair to post constructive criticism 

Just now, oodledoodle said:

And they'd be absolutely correct. Do you think teams like City or Liverpool would be happy with a poor performance and a win? Their managers would be going nuts at the players. I don't understand this opinion that because we support Derby, that we're somehow never allowed to want us to be the best.

Preach John Stamos GIF by Fuller House

2 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

The state of people on here when we are not winning/having a tough spell during a game. Thank god you don't go to games to support our team.

The posters who have to keep trying to prove they were correct Warne is no good, even the one who openly admitted to hating him, all ready to pile on when things go slightly wrong.

Fair play to them for keep trying though. They've been doing it for the last 12 league games now, of which we failed to win twice.

Warne's subs are hopeless. Our midfield is always been overrun. All Warnes transfers are rubbish. Warne's in game management is no good. Yet somehow, incredibly, we have 31 points from 36 available, our best run since? 95-96 perhaps?

Can't you just enjoy the results and accept you were wrong? Enjoy us scoring goals for fun maybe? Ask how Warne has turned us into this lethal attacking unit maybe?

Two separate things really for me..

We played decent football at times. We played attacking football.  We scored good goals. We are winning games. The negativity is absolutely ridiculous at times. 

But today after playing pretty well,  we switched off and Warne didn't react to what was occurring. It happens...

3 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

Who are these posters wanting Warne out after the recent run? Are they in the room with us now?

There's a difference between wanting us to improve, and wanting the manager out. We are well worth the crisicism after the last few games. We cannot afford to take our foot off the pedal at all.

Where did I say people want Warne out? They aren't stupid enough to say that after our recent run, but every single opportunity to criticise him they take, as they have to boringly maintain the opinion they formed a long time ago.

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

From reading this thread, I have to assume that it was one of the worst performances ever by a Derby County side - yet we somehow fluked a win. Is that a fair assessment?

/still not well enough to attend in person - just in spirit.

It was a solid enough first half performance, did enough to be winning 1-0 and keeping Burton to nothing in terms of possession and chances. Then scored early in the second half for 2-0….and then it all went a bit wrong. No game management from the players on the pitch and the manager on the bench, couple with soft refereeing, allowed Burton back to 2-2. But we kept going and Hourihane’s quality left peg still has that bit of magic in it to smash home a volley and secure the win. 

20 minutes ago, Topram said:

But if the ref gives the free kick they don’t score and everything still looked rosey?

But he didn't give it. It's what happens and the players have to deal with that. By getting on with the game, regaining composure quicker etc.

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

We do make things exceptionally difficult don’t we 

Forsyth looks a better player every week doesn’t he 

Possibly one of my favourite Derby players in recent history. Not a flair player but solid, reliable and loyal. You can trust him to do a job whenever he plays. 

Just now, Caerphilly Ram said:

It was a solid enough first half performance, did enough to be winning 1-0 and keeping Burton to nothing in terms of possession and chances. Then scored early in the second half for 2-0….and then it all went a bit wrong. No game management from the players on the pitch and the manager on the bench, couple with soft refereeing, allowed Burton back to 2-2. But we kept going and Hourihane’s quality left peg still has that bit of magic in it to smash home a volley and secure the win. 

Fair play to the team for keeping going for 90 mins. Plenty of other Derby sides would have wilted well before that. That's something they do deserve a fair bit of credit for.

6 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Doesn’t change the fact that Warne’s game management was abysmal and should have made that change significantly earlier. We were fortunate to win tonight, he said as much himself. We shouldn’t have needed to be.

Milleniumram for manager. Because this youngster can do a much better job.

2 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

But today after playing pretty well,  we switched off and Warne didn't react to what was occurring. It happens...

Possibly, but another way of looking at it is we conceeded 2 poor goals in quick succession, were a bit shellshocked, regrouped then dominated the closing stages and got the winner.

It's not always neccesary to change things immediately. And players like Hourihane can be match winners.

3 minutes ago, Eddie said:

From reading this thread, I have to assume that it was one of the worst performances ever by a Derby County side - yet we somehow fluked a win. Is that a fair assessment?

/still not well enough to attend in person - just in spirit.

It was awful, only scored 3 goals, only 66% possession, just the 19 shots, making only 478 passes to their 250, as for Warne, he made them water the  pitch at HT that led to their equaliser as it made a player slip.

And he should have taken the number 4 off much earlier, a fluke he scored, was a cross I tell you. 

Warne didn't think it was a foul, he thought it was poor from NML which I did think at the time. Don Goodman thinks it was an obvious foul which I assume is sarcasm seeing as he hates us.

It also looked as if he had to check himself when talking about the equaliser. Described as "criminal" but it felt like he could've said a lot worse about some of the defending there.

6 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Ok, so you didn't see their 2 goals then right? Fair enough. The first one NML was fouled/lost possession in a dangerous area and their player ran at our defence without them engaging. The 2nd was a clearance/pinpoint accurate pass, when we inexplicably had left Elder 1 vs 1 on the halfway line. Probably go down as 2 Hourihane own goals for me Clive. Or maybe Bird.

Yes I saw it all. Bird and Hourihane is a problem and I thought Bird was decent tonight. We beat Burton if we control midfield throughout. Which we should 

15 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

The state of people on here when we are not winning/having a tough spell during a game. Thank god you don't go to games to support our team.

The posters who have to keep trying to prove they were correct Warne is no good, even the one who openly admitted to hating him, all ready to pile on when things go slightly wrong.

Fair play to them for keep trying though. They've been doing it for the last 12 league games now, of which we failed to win twice.

Warne's subs are hopeless. Our midfield is always been overrun. All Warnes transfers are rubbish. Warne's in game management is no good. Yet somehow, incredibly, we have 31 points from 36 available, our best run since? 95-96 perhaps?

Can't you just enjoy the results and accept you were wrong? Enjoy us scoring goals for fun maybe? Ask how Warne has turned us into this lethal attacking unit maybe?

😳