Promotion Rivals Watch

sage

1 minute ago, Turk Thrust said:

I’m happy for all three to be on equal points rather than Bolton pull ahead. Both “Bs” have a far more difficult run in than us and Barnsley’s game in hand is against Stevenage

Ooh didn’t want that draw but at least it’s just a point ahead for Bolton

1 hour ago, Brammie Steve said:

1972 all over again!

Nostalgia is not what it used to be!!

Music Video 90S GIF

like 1972 the Wolves win over Leeds was in spite of the ref allowing a massive fergie time in the hope that the weeds would score and pinch the League trophy from Cloughie!!! 10 extra minutes??

Ah crap, I was just thinking good result for Barnsley, now they can do us a favour by losing their remaining game in hand and we're 2nd on merit - but then Bolton go a score 😛 

TBH Bolton, Barnsley and now Peterboro are all strong teams in this division, assuming Portsmouth are up then along with ourselves its pick 2 from 4 for promotion - and the pessimist in me says both Barnsley and Peterboro are too strong for us on their day.

I don't think any result was really perfect for us if you want to look at it in a certain light.

A draw means losing 2nd and both teams picking up points, but only 2 points shared out across two rivals rather than 3 in one direction.

A Bolton win would have put them a full win away from us, but also would have meant Barnsley were a much less significant threat to us and put it in our hands to overtake them a week on Saturday on goal difference

A Barnsley win would have put them pole position to usurp both us and Bolton and made them the in form team. But also would have evened up the playing field slightly and kept us in 2nd for the time being

It really is entirely dependent on what all three teams do with the run in games. Pros and cons.

25 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Only saw last 15, it was like the Alamo.

Who would have a thunk it, teams with slender leads come under lots of pressure at the end of games, so its not just us.

I'll be honest and say that I don't see us beating Bolton based on their performance tonight. 

28 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Ah crap, I was just thinking good result for Barnsley, now they can do us a favour by losing their remaining game in hand and we're 2nd on merit - but then Bolton go a score 😛 

TBH Bolton, Barnsley and now Peterboro are all strong teams in this division, assuming Portsmouth are up then along with ourselves its pick 2 from 4 for promotion - and the pessimist in me says both Barnsley and Peterboro are too strong for us on their day.

Well we've beaten them both over two legs already, so what is there to worry about?  😁

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

Why? A draw was the best result.

As above mate.  A win for Bolton leaves it in our hands assuming we do the job results wise before.  Barnsleys draw leaves them above us if they win the game in hand with no recourse to take that ground from them on our own merit.  We had that chance and didn't take it.